Dang cloth top - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 02-12-2011, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Dang cloth top

Howdy,
just wondering if anyone has any pointers on getting the front of a new cloth top to lift up and fold back. I have tried and all that I can get is the front to fold back but the second section will not move. After I try that then it is Hell in a hand basket to get the front clamped back down. Have a goodun!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-12-2011, 02:55 PM
JKO Addict!

2dr or 4dr?

What part to lift up and fold back? Is this a new top, or the first time you have put on the top?

Watched the videos Jeep provides on their site?

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 02-12-2011, 03:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to sniper41

Once you fold the front back, there are 2 hooks (kind of) just forward of the rear doors that youy have to release (on a 4 dr anyway). First few times it's tight but then it will get easier as you do it more. Christ, that sounded like it could have been something written in the trailer park huh?

Doug 08 4dr X 6 spd Det Yellow
You are a load that should have been swallowed, but someone as bitter as you are probably would have been spat out. Ahh Dancin Dan
Jersey
Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 02-12-2011, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Howdy,
this is a new top on a 2011 2 door wrangler. I have watched the videos and read the manual. For information, I should have just had a 6 pack and smiled. I still cant get it past the first fold back. Have a goodun!!!!
post #5 of 13 Old 02-12-2011, 03:41 PM
JKO Addict!

I can't help with that one. 2011 is pretty different than what I have, I believe.

| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

post #6 of 13 Old 02-12-2011, 03:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
I can't help with that one. 2011 is pretty different than what I have, I believe.
Did they change the tops on the newer Jeeps?

You are a load that should have been swallowed, but someone as bitter as you are probably would have been spat out. Ahh Dancin Dan
Jersey
Crew
post #7 of 13 Old 02-12-2011, 04:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper41 View Post
Did they change the tops on the newer Jeeps?
I believe the '10+ are different than the 09 and back

post #8 of 13 Old 02-12-2011, 04:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Oh, wow, I had no clue- normal for me though!

Jersey
Crew
post #9 of 13 Old 02-12-2011, 05:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've got a 10 4 door... easy to fold up and a lot easier than the 07 I had... not sure with the 2dr.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #10 of 13 Old 02-12-2011, 07:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Sounds to me like maybe you're not releasing the top at the door surround. ( those pieces of plastic that close the gap between the top and the door) On my '08, there is a tab on the surround that you push to get the support arm out. If you're sitting in your Jeep, look up and to your 9 o'clock. Hope this helps, but I think your top might have a cable in there somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #11 of 13 Old 02-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Jjst supposed to be easier to fold back.

To undo and fold back the front part you undo the clips at the windshield then fold back the piece. You can only flip it back one time. The next step is dropping the top.

check my site out

post #12 of 13 Old 02-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Does your top have the Sunrider option? If so then there is a locking tab that needs to be un hooked. Now this info is my experience with my 08. But maybe this is still true for an 11. Open the door and at the top rear of the door, on the rollbar, you'll see a plastic latch that you compress to release the top so that it can fold back.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #13 of 13 Old 02-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Rock God

I have a 2010 with the sunrider top, you have to un latch the two clips up front by the window, then to get the first half of the top back only, you need to slide two black sleaves back. in doing this you can now have the sun rider top open. two get the hole top back undo the two clips up front by the window and then press the two tabs by your head this will let the top slide back a bit. O and you window need to be out to LOL.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode