LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 02-12-2011, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Falken to build KOH rig next year

Name:  falken_rock_rig_3.jpg
Views: 2465
Size:  150.0 KB

FALKEN TIRE TO PARTNER WITH CLIFTON SLAY AND AMERICAN ROCK RODS FOR 2012 KING OF THE HAMMERS BUILD

02/12/2011

Falken Tire's Off Road program set out last year to begin building its name in a new category for the brand. Heavily focused on its new Wildpeak A/T tire line and the company's well equipped Jeep JK, Falken participated in multiple events across the country including Tierra Del Sol, Moab Easter Jeep Safari, and capped off 2010 as the presenting sponsor of Off Road Evolution's JK Experience. Having recently announced the expansion of the new Wildpeak A/T line to include several 37 inch tire options, Falken is excited to announce the next step in the evolution of their program.

Falken Tire has enlisted the support of Clifton Slay, and American Rock Rods to build their Ultra 4 Series vehicle and begin preparations for the 2012 King of the Hammers event. "We are excited to begin working with Clifton on this project and believe his experience in the category will prove to be invaluable for the program's success", claims Andrew Hoit, Falken's Director of Marketing. "The successful launch of the Wildpeak A/T line has proven how tough our tires are and we believe there is no better event to showcase the tire's strength and durability than the King of the Hammers."

"I am honored to be selected as Falken's designer and builder for this project", states Clifton Slay. "Falken has taken a bold approach into off road motorsports by immersing themselves into the dirt culture as behind the wheel participants. Giving their tire engineers a real world, first hand perspective of the elements necessary to craft a world class off road performance tire. We at American Rock Rods are very enthusiastic to contribute our experience in partnership with the Falken motorsports team to further their upward drive in the off road arena".

To learn more about the the Falken Tire Motor Sports Team visit www.wegetyougoing.com

http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...e&e=17e1137168

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 03-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Wheeler

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Falken Tire

I talked to Clifton yesterday... he will start bending tube next week!

Already have some great partners on board for this project!

Mastercraft Safety
Dynomax Exhaust
King Shocks
PowerTank
Spidertrax
Griffin Radiator
PSC Steering
Tom Woods Driveshafts
Turnkey engines

I will post some pictures along the way...

Andrew

FOLLOW FALKEN ON FACEBOOK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 35 Old 03-25-2011, 01:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice to see you guys getting serious about jumping into the off-road world .

Do you guys have pans to develop an aggressive off-road tire? And if so, will you be making it in sizes bigger than 37"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old 03-25-2011, 02:28 PM
JKO Addict!

are we going to get updates and pics on this thread?

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #5 of 35 Old 03-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
Nice to see you guys getting serious about jumping into the off-road world .

Do you guys have pans to develop an aggressive off-road tire? And if so, will you be making it in sizes bigger than 37"?
We are working on our MT development right now, but we are 18+ months from having them available to consumers. The recent Japan situation has caused some delays. For the initial launch 37's will be the largest. We will be running KOH (2012) with off the shelf DOT 37" Wildpeak A/T's (with a little custom cutting). We want to show their durability and toughness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourplyn View Post
are we going to get updates and pics on this thread?
Yes, we will post pictures and updates on this thread.

Thanks,
Andrew

post #6 of 35 Old 08-04-2011, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

just snagged these from american rock rods facebook page
all i can say is wow!

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #7 of 35 Old 08-04-2011, 12:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falken Tire View Post
We are working on our MT development right now, but we are 18+ months from having them available to consumers. The recent Japan situation has caused some delays. For the initial launch 37's will be the largest. We will be running KOH (2012) with off the shelf DOT 37" Wildpeak A/T's (with a little custom cutting). We want to show their durability and toughness!

Yes, we will post pictures and updates on this thread.

Thanks,
Andrew
so lets see... it should only be 15 months now.... jk man

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #8 of 35 Old 08-05-2011, 06:14 AM
Granite Guru

Spyder 9 pro housings nice!
I wonder what third member they are going to run? True HI 9?
post #9 of 35 Old 08-11-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcally View Post
I wonder what third member they are going to run? True HI 9?
We are utilizing Currie enterprises 3rd members, ARB rear and Detroit in the front.

Also some hood progress made this week...
Attached Images

Clifton Slay
Hardcore when hardcore wasn't cool
post #10 of 35 Old 08-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUISER-42 View Post
We are utilizing Currie enterprises 3rd members, ARB rear and Detroit in the front.

Are you using the Currie high pinion third members? They only use a 8.8 ring gear and Currie only recommends up to a 35 tire.

I like this option way better!
http://www.truehi9.com/megahi9.html
post #11 of 35 Old 08-11-2011, 10:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

nice lookin build. i'll be watching how it does in the race for sure... you have been getting quite a little following with your tires lately and they've been performing well from the discussion boards.

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #12 of 35 Old 08-11-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcally View Post
Are you using the Currie high pinion third members? They only use a 8.8 ring gear and Currie only recommends up to a 35” tire.
I like this option way better!
http://www.truehi9.com/megahi9.html
No, we are using standard low pinion 3rd members for the ultimate in strength. In fact Currie Enterprises offers a 10" ring & pinion option, Trophy Truck style. I appreciate your input, however the full chassis craft does not always have parallels within design or trends that apply to factory frame based builds. Low pinion is how I build them

Clifton Slay

Last edited by BRUISER-42; 08-11-2011 at 01:08 PM.
post #13 of 35 Old 08-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:

Looking GOOD, Clifton!

post #14 of 35 Old 08-15-2011, 10:03 AM
JKowners Vendor

Clifton

Nice to see you back in the mix! If you guys need any custom arms made out of 7075 AL with joints for this rig, let us know! We are here to help. Especially Andrew at Falken.

Jeremy
post #15 of 35 Old 08-18-2011, 12:38 PM

Update 18AUG11
Attached Images

Clifton Slay
post #16 of 35 Old 10-13-2011, 03:24 PM

The Falken Tire Ultra 4 racer project has left American Rock Rods and is being completed in California by Mel and his capable crew at Off Road Evolution. As the buggy, I too have left ARR to pursue a different career path outside of the off road community. -Clifton

Clifton Slay
post #17 of 35 Old 10-13-2011, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
The Falken Tire Ultra 4 racer project has left American Rock Rods and is being completed in California by Mel and his capable crew at Off Road Evolution. As the buggy, I too have left ARR to pursue a different career path outside of the off road community. -Clifton
Good luck Clifton! Youve done amazing things for the offroad community I hope you the best!

post #18 of 35 Old 02-01-2012, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

pretty cool video
http://youtu.be/3TEuvYwZxUs

post #19 of 35 Old 02-01-2012, 06:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Are the falkens they are running extremely grooved or are those just prerun tires or something like that?

2010 Mango 2dr 6spd Rubicon
PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
post #20 of 35 Old 02-01-2012, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguyhasadd42 View Post
Are the falkens they are running extremely grooved or are those just prerun tires or something like that?
I'm pretty sure they are running them grooved like they are in the video
I grooved mine alittle different, I like the way they grooved those though they just separated the lugs

post #21 of 35 Old 02-01-2012, 07:27 PM
JKO Addict!

They look badass, do you have pics of yours? Not trying to highjack here but is it hard to grove tires? Haven't done any research yet but I definitely like the idea over MTs seeing 95% of my driving is on road TIA

PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
post #22 of 35 Old 02-01-2012, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
They look badass, do you have pics of yours? Not trying to highjack here but is it hard to grove tires? Haven't done any research yet but I definitely like the idea over MTs seeing 95% of my driving is on road TIA
This is how Andrew had done a set
I used it as a guide

Heres mine, Once you get that groover in your hand you get groove happy

If you pick up a set and wanna groove them let me know and I'll "rent" you my groover cheap
I bought a pretty nice one and it's just sitting in my garage
It's not hard to groove tires just make sure you have good blades
I had shitty ones at first and it sucked took 3 blades to get through one tire, I ordered some new blades from summit, one blade lasted 4 tires

Last edited by jeepnick; 02-01-2012 at 07:36 PM.
post #23 of 35 Old 02-01-2012, 07:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Right on man thanks! It won't be till spring till I get tires but this just put a huge twist in my tire selection seeing them grooved like this. Thanks for the pics and offer I'll defently let you know in the near future (tires look great by the way nice work)

post #24 of 35 Old 02-01-2012, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Right on man thanks! It won't be till spring till I get tires but this just put a huge twist in my tire selection seeing them grooved like this. Thanks for the pics and offer I'll defently let you know in the near future (tires look great by the way nice work)
No problem
The falkens do very well offroad and are the best on road tire I've ever driven on
I don't know if anyone has blown one out yet and I've run them at 9-10 psi without beadlocks with no problem

post #25 of 35 Old 02-01-2012, 07:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnick View Post
No problem
The falkens do very well offroad and are the best on road tire I've ever driven on
I don't know if anyone has blown one out yet and I've run them at 9-10 psi without beadlocks with no problem
That's great news I am looking at the nitto trail grapplers, but seeing these grooved and how much more aggressive they look it has changed my mind completely assuming these will perform much better on road but still be great off road. Again thanks for the info and help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode