If you don't want to order on line, pick up the phone and call in your order. Being the number one vendor on the worlds largest 4wd site I can telll you I have never had a customer say anything on this subject. We need your address to ship and your email to send tracking info
There is a difference between needing that information and proper security.
The following is a general statement and not directed at anyone in particular.
I understand why online stores want customers to have accounts as it makes the entire experience easier when things go wrong or changes need to be made. Creating an account wont stop me from using a website.
What will stop me from using a website are amateur mistakes.
- SSL with lack of a verified cert
- My password better not be emailed to me
- If any of your profile boxes allow me to XSS your site.
- If after I create my account I have no way to edit/delete it without calling you.
- If your site uses phpMyAdmin and i can access simply by adding /phpMyAdmin to the end of your domain
- If your webserver tells me its running apache 1.x
- If your php header is public and it is running a version with known vulnerabilities.
- If your website feels/looks like it was created by your family member who "knows" about computers.
If you can't be bothered to spend the money/time to do things right.
I wont bother to spend my money with you. Even if you would save me money.