JK Texas storm casualties: Spyder, C, U, and S - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-11-2011, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

JK Texas storm casualties: Spyder, C, U, and S

RIP my little Poison Spyder and his buddies C, U, and S. Unfortunately they were from Southern California and could not withstand the brutal pelting of sleet and iced up wiper blades. I think it's time to retire it, spider just can't get it done with only four legs

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I'm as slow as this site today, because for the life of me I couldn't understand how you were spelling Poison Spyder with a C and a U.

Yea the Spyder looks toasted too.

Every time that I wash my windshield, I have to be careful not to peel up the "points" of the large letters. I've actually had to razor blade a few spots that were coming off.

On the good side....an old lady came out of the store a few weeks ago and looked (squinted) at my windshield banner, and then proceeded to come up to me in the Jeep, and ask in a VERY disgusted tone "What is POISON SPYDEB?"....Yes......Spydeb. I told her it was "Pure awesomeness".
post #3 of 9 Old 02-11-2011, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Spydeb!

I will probably just run a blank windshield for awhile. My 'points' have had a hard time staying put as well. I just have to sit up there and break out the wd-40 for awhile

| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I'm as slow as this site today, because for the life of me I couldn't understand how you were spelling Poison Spyder with a C and a U.

Yea the Spyder looks toasted too.
Took me a minute to catch on too. Look at his picture and then the one as it comes from Poison Spyder Customs on their site.

Large Poison Spyder Logo Decal.

Last edited by cnyDave; 02-11-2011 at 06:48 PM.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-11-2011, 07:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i put a huge piece of 3m vinyl clear obviously over my windshield decals. but too bad i keep cracking them every 6 months
post #6 of 9 Old 02-11-2011, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBirish View Post
i put a huge piece of 3m vinyl clear obviously over my windshield decals. but too bad i keep cracking them every 6 months
Good idea!

post #7 of 9 Old 02-11-2011, 07:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

not sure where you would buy it though. my buddy works at a vinyl place and gave me a huge roll of it that they were throwing out anyway

you cant even tell its there heres a pic...if it wasnt on there my windshield wipers probably would have peeled the letters..

post #8 of 9 Old 02-11-2011, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

The wipers are really hard on the decal. Not sure if I'm going to get another or run nothing. I'd need to "clear" it if I did.

post #9 of 9 Old 02-12-2011, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Corners View Post
Good Idea, you mean you have come to your senses? Moving back to Vegas???
No but I have plenty of reasons not to move back

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode