Routine Maintenance Schedule and Price opinion wanted..... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-10-2011, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Routine Maintenance Schedule and Price opinion wanted.....

I am fairly new over here on JKOwners but I've been lurking for a little hile b/c I am on the hunt for the next jeep to occupy my garage, a JK Unlimited Rubi. I've been on Pirate for a while and I have had several Jeeps in the past just nothing this new. I've had a stock YJ, semi built TJ and a one ton V8 YJ, I now want a weekend warrior DD so that's where the Rubicon comes into play.

I found one, a 2007 with 92,500 miles. It's a bone stock auto unlimited, hard and soft top and they are asking $20,000 for it. I haven't driven it yet, b/c it's a few hours away, but I have been corresponding back and forth with the owner. He said that all the maintence has been kept up and it needs a set of tires bad (based on the pics they are cupped and very worn).

The couple of questions that I had for you all is what is the maintenance shcedule on the new JK's, things like the transmission, tcase, gear lube, when should these be changed? What is the suggested oil change interval, 3,500 or 5,000 or something else on the 3.8?

Are there some things that I need to look for specific to the JK or the Rubicon? What do you think of that price? I personally think it's a little high based on other things I am seeing out there on Autotrader and eBaymotors, but things are worth what someone is willing to pay, so who knows.

Any info provided is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Granite Guru

I don't have the answers for you, but I figured I'd bump your thread for ya..... I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will be able to give you a detailed response.

Welcome to JKO.

2008 JK X 2dr. Std. Blk
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Granite Guru

Not sure. But i got my 07 jku stock but 2wd for that price with 26k on it. I wouldnt pay over 17 for it

07 JKU Rescue Green with 3.5" RK Mid-Arm Flex w/ Bilstein 5100s, 5.13's, Eaton E-Locker, 35" MT Baja ATZ, 17" DC Torque wheels, Monstalined tub, Home-made front bumper with Smittybilt XRC-8 winch, Wild Boar rack w/ IPF 968 lights, K&N Intake, Gibson Exhaust.
Future Mods: 2wd-4wd conversion = completed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Granite Guru

definitely not for that price. I got my 08 with 7 miles on it for about 23k...
As for recommended maintanence schedules, they're in the owners manual. Here's a quick link.
http://www.malabelle.com/wp-content/...usermanual.pdf

I just did my rear diff oil at 19k and have been changing the engine oil about every 3k.
Hope this helps some. Good luck with your Jeep search!

NOT A DUDE!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Steel Blue 2008 Sahara 2dr with stuff & things
NONE SHALL PASS!
post #5 of 5 Old 02-11-2011, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks for the tips...spoke again to the owner and her said the least he'd take is $19K for it, so I think we are too far apart to even make him an offer. The search continues.

Thanks for the welcome by the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode