Wiper Blades - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 3VOL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-23-2007, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Wiper Blades

I went in to the local auto parts/hardware/bait and tackle store to get wiper blades and his book listed the 07 Wranglers as having a 15" wiper blade. Now we all know those blades are not 15". So I went to the counter where I was told that due to Jeep making some sort of special clip you can not replace your own blades on Wranglers. Now I find this hard to believe but he also did not have any shorter than 15" either. It got me thinking though since I had to go into the city to get wiper blades what do you guys consider the best wiper blade to use? Also is there any truth to this "special clip" deal? BTW This is not the first I heard of this.

All who wander are Jeep drivers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInMyJeep View Post
I went in to the local auto parts/hardware/bait and tackle store to get wiper blades and his book listed the 07 Wranglers as having a 15" wiper blade. Now we all know those blades are not 15". So I went to the counter where I was told that due to Jeep making some sort of special clip you can not replace your own blades on Wranglers. Now I find this hard to believe but he also did not have any shorter than 15" either. It got me thinking though since I had to go into the city to get wiper blades what do you guys consider the best wiper blade to use? Also is there any truth to this "special clip" deal? BTW This is not the first I heard of this.
My Son bought the RainX blades & they are nice, & for special clips,,,NO,..I bought the Winter Rubber enclosed blades last year at A&A Auto(snapped right on).
I think I bought 14"...........

Jim,
USMC 0311 - 1811 RVN (Dec 67 - Aug 69) DAV, DMZ "Leatherneck square"((To All The "November Charlie Foxtrot's" that think they know)) You Are Clueless
G27 , G26, & G22-C
post #3 of 11 Old 10-24-2007, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I did not think there were but I knew someone with one of thos fancy expensive cars and they had something that required a dealer install for wipers. I figured DC being all about the money and screwing the customer would have figured that one out.

All who wander are Jeep drivers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 10-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

I spent some time trying different wiper blades on my EVO. In my opinion, these are the best blades I have used. However, with that said, an EVO window is VERY different then a Jeeps and I have yet to try these on a Jeep!

http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/WiperBlades/Icon
post #5 of 11 Old 10-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Foo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nam6869usmc View Post
My Son bought the RainX blades & they are nice, & for special clips,,,NO,..I bought the Winter Rubber enclosed blades last year at A&A Auto(snapped right on).
I think I bought 14"...........
I just looked up on RainX's site and they don't list the JK. I just love 1st year vehicles!

07 Yellow Rubi 4 door
- 2.5 Rock Krawler

- OR-FAB Tire Carrier w/Wedco Fuel and Water Jerry Cans

- XHD Front Stuby
- Xenon Narrow
- Superchip
- Pro Comp Series 8128
- 35/1250x17 MT/R Kevlar (Discount Rocks !)
- Synergy Suspension Tie-Rod/Drag Link, Fox ATS!
- Black HotHead Headliner

- Winch (Need)
Finished Pictures->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 Old 10-28-2007, 07:17 PM

I had the same thing - RainEx book said 15". I ended up with 2 13" & they went on fine. However, they sweak & streak realy bad. They were expensive & I won't buy them again. I'm still looking for a good replacement blade!
post #7 of 11 Old 10-29-2007, 06:09 AM
Rock God

piaa super silicone replacement refills are the best

ive had them on all of my vehicles for the past 4 years

dont streak, are super soft, and are made out of silicone so they last a long time
post #8 of 11 Old 09-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Sweet!
This proved my theory that wiper blades on the Jeep JK/JKU were just as critical in 2007 as they are in 2018....mind , right?

post #9 of 11 Old 09-05-2018, 04:01 PM
Rock God

any universal 16" should fit just fine. 16" blade is way more common to find. i like Bosch Icons and Michelin stealth blades

09' White JKU Rubicon with some stuff

Last edited by Chris85xlt; 09-05-2018 at 04:03 PM.
post #10 of 11 Old 09-05-2018, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Thumbs up

Sweet!

I appreciate you helpin me with that.

( see @Admin ? THIS is what this forum is about. NOT automated adverts spamming our Active Topics, respectfully. )

post #11 of 11 Old 09-05-2018, 07:05 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
Sweet!

I appreciate you helpin me with that.

( see @Admin ? THIS is what this forum is about. NOT automated adverts spamming our Active Topics, respectfully. )
I logged in just to add my .02/help I've tried several different brands on different cars over the years..I also tried all of them on the Jeep. 15" blades wiped cleaner but left a bunch of windshield unwiped...no one likes to be unwiped. I switched to 16" and they seem to streak just slightly more than the 15" blades but they get the whole windshield. As far as brands...as I said previously I tried them all and new they all worked great but with age they started streaking worse and chattering. What does all this long windedness have to do with anything...probably nothing relevant as everyone who owns a JK knows to switch to 16" wipers for coverage and just like everything else in life everyone is going to have their personal preference. But I'm not one to be left out from helping

Oh yeah...my brand of choice has been a set of Michelin blades I bought at Costco...2 years ago! I dont park in a garage so they have been exposed to 4 seasons for two years. Still holding up fine and still wipe the glass with no chatter/minimal streaking. Wish the rubber in their tires held up that well....
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode