Opinions on 2" lift for Expedition driving - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-28-2010, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Opinions on 2" lift for Expedition driving

Although a "newbie," I've spent many, many hours researching on this site (and the "other") about lift kits of different types/purposes/heights. Even after all this great education, here I am, soliciting some last minute advise before I push down the road of purchasing something in the near future.

Okay, here is the deal - living here in the Middle East, I've encountered a variety of terrain - desert, sabkha (look it up) and off-road trails into the mountains. I don't rock crawl, my trips are more expedition in nature (getting to the campsite!).

So, I haul a family of five, will be packing all of our gear in a (soon to arrive) Gobi Rack (courtesy of Tail Rated and Expedition Hardware!) and have noticed that the Rubicon, while more than capable of handling 99 percent of what I throw at it (frankly, the vehicle makes the driver look good) the rear stock springs do tend to sag under the weight of all the gear we pack/load out.

Clearance isn't an issue (yet) and I am satisfied with the "puny" 32 inch stock wheels, however I do want better/stiffer front and rear springs - possibly a progressive rate spring - to deal with our extended camping loads, etc.

Okay - enough background. What would be the best, then, to give my Rubi stiffer springs with moderate lift (frankly, don't want to have to purchase a host of additional suspension items to accommodate for lift) - Poly Performance Starter Kit, Stage 1, Stage 1.5? (remember, just want 2 inches - so does Poly lift height come in as advertised?)

Or should I look at OME 2 inch, MD/HD springs and shocks (although, everything I've seen suggests OME gives you more lift than adverstised!)

Is there something else (as good/better) then the two highlighted above?

And frankly, even with 2 inches, should I look at additional suspension items just to keep the JK tip top- plenty of opinions on this as well, but hey, why not ask again?

Appreciate the assist!

Last edited by SDPlissken; 11-28-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Rock God

Garage

For your needs, I'd look at the OME Medium Duty springs and shocks personally, the ride quality is fantastic.

The HD Springs give about 3-3.5" of lift on a four door, the MD's will put you about 2-2.5" after they settle.

You won't need any other items than a adjustable front trackbar, and a rear bracket.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

x2 on the OME

09 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Zone Offroad 4" lift with 35" KM2
Superwinch LP8500 in ARB front bumper
And too FEW Lights!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode