RK 5.5 x factor plus w/coilover questions - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 11-28-2010, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
RK 5.5 x factor plus w/coilover questions

Alright its time for lift as i just sent the last payment out for the jeep today. I will run 37's and may some day go to a D60 but for now a beefed front 44 is in the works. I know i can get 37's on with the 3.5 kit and the same with the 5.5 other than 400 bones msrp difference and having to get driveshafts which i planned on doing anyway as well as an extra inch of travel. My only question is what is he overall height of the jeep with the 5.5 and 37's? I need it to fit in the garage. I know there are LCG concerns for some people with a lift that tall. But who knows 40's could be somewhere down the road for me if I do the 5.5

any help would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
This is one reason I have a strict policy of not eating anything out of another dudes butt. Flick it with my tongue? Sure. Run my tongue around the rim? Depends. Dart my tongue in for a brief second? Maybe. Eat something out of it? No fuckin' way!
If you want to know whats on it check my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by knyland; 11-28-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Granite Guru

May not be exact because my jeep is sitting on gravel but I got 6'8" with a soft top. Hope that helps

07 black unlimited. 5.5" rock krawler x factor long arm. Pro comp soft 8s, 37" nitto mud grapplers. Kilby front winch bumper. Warn xd9000i. OrFab rear bumper. Much more to come in the near future.
post #3 of 13 Old 11-28-2010, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

perfect that is what I needed to know garage is around 7 ft so it will work now to put the list together and order everything.

Quote:
This is one reason I have a strict policy of not eating anything out of another dudes butt. Flick it with my tongue? Sure. Run my tongue around the rim? Depends. Dart my tongue in for a brief second? Maybe. Eat something out of it? No fuckin' way!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 11-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Granite Guru

Have been wondering the same thing....so sounds like it may fit in the garage even with 40's
post #5 of 13 Old 11-28-2010, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

last thing i need is it being eaten by a hail storm. now to find a good install shop or get it down to atomic.

Quote:
post #6 of 13 Old 11-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Granite Guru

Yep I called them on sat to start getting everything going. I haven't found anyone around here that is very impressive. So atomic gets it

post #7 of 13 Old 11-28-2010, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Man thats a hell of a drive. what about screaming lizard? I know they are tied to the other site but its a few hours closer. I sure as hell wont let 4wp touch it in OKC

Quote:
post #8 of 13 Old 11-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Granite Guru

I talked to someone on here to be unamed about shops and he did mention lizard but I just kinda got the impression he wasn't as excited about recommending them as much as others, said they do real good work but maybe not as much personalized attention to each customer as other shops. I would drive the extra 3 hours if I'm going to get a shop that is going to work with me and not just treat it as another sale and I kinda get the impression that atomic will take good care of their customers. SOLD.

post #9 of 13 Old 11-28-2010, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Thanks for the info Atomic it is then.

Quote:
post #10 of 13 Old 11-28-2010, 06:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Tribe is in the same general area.... they do some good work as well.
post #11 of 13 Old 11-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Granite Guru

Your pretty close to LR have you checked around there? Where are those pics in your garage from? Cant find anywhere around here to go wheelin
post #12 of 13 Old 11-29-2010, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

army corps property and a place on the border of ar

Quote:
post #13 of 13 Old 11-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

"CAIN" fit with the RK 5.5 coil overs and 39" pitbull maddogs with 1 inch to spare.

it wont now since things are changing but your plan will work.

remember with coil-overs you can adjust for ride height as well as travel up and down.

mine set lower than TexKev since we tuned it to ride lower. His sat up a bit higher but had more uptravel

Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:

Magazine Feature:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode