Looking for a Programer/Chip - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-26-2010, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Question Looking for a Programer/Chip

Im looking for somethin to give a little more power to our 2010 rubicon. I asked the dealer about programers if they would void the warranty and of course they say yes it will. I asked about regearing it and they said warranty void. We are running 285/70r17's and stock 4.10 rears and 6 speed. It moves ok going down road just want a little more to be able to pass someone and not void our warranty. Im not new to the market on programers and plug and play modules due to our diesel pickups we have. Im looking for something thats untraceable that will do a little more power and improve mileage. Any help would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Granite Guru

First off.... Welcome to JKO

There are some good options out there, and opinions vary with each product.

Check out:

Superchips Flashpaq
AEV Procal
Diablo Preditor

There's probably a ton of threads on this subject. People can be pretty harsh if you don't use the search feature (myself included), but since you're new I'll go easy on ya

Do yourself a favor and stay away from doing a CAI.... not worth the money (I made this mistake).

In the end any programmer gives you a minimal boost in performance. The only real way to gain any significant hp and torque is to install a supercharger or swap out for a hemi..... but as you can imagine both are pricey at 5k for the former and 10-20k for the latter.

As far as voiding your warranty..... dealerships vary, but most threaten with the void angle. The nice thing about most (in not all the above... not sure) is that you can set it back to stock b4 taking it in to the dealer.

What they don't know, won't hurt them

2008 JK X 2dr. Std. Blk
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BryGuy; 11-26-2010 at 06:43 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-26-2010, 06:51 PM
ADDICTION II build begins....

I have a $270 Jet Stage 2 performance chip for sale....$100. Nothing wrong with it at all and plugs into the ECM.

I recently had the engine replaced and had to put everything back to stock for warranty including stock airbox instead of CAI, and stock exhaust instead of Gibson headers, etc. I had a bad engine but was fortunate I go to a Jeep friendly dealership!

U.S. Army
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode