Your opinions on these lift kits??? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 11-25-2010, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Your opinions on these lift kits???

I'm just looking for your opinion on these 2.5" lift kits. I know a lot of you will say go with a 3" lift. The reason why I am looking at the 2.5" kits is mostly do to money, or lack of it. I don't have the money to drop on a good 3" kit, 35" tires/wheels and new gears. And after analyzing the type of wheeling I do, a 2.5" is more than adequate [blasphemy, I know]. Now, if i lived near Moab or Rubicon, a 3" kit wouldn't even be a thought.

Is the kit worth the price for the parts that come in it?

Quality of the parts in the kit?

How did the springs change the ride, positive or negative?

Would you recommend the kit?

Rock Krawler
------------
2.5" Stock Mod Coil Suspension System
Front adjustable track bar, rear track bar relocation bracket
RKSJK25000 / $399.99
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=60161

2.5" Max Travel Coil Suspension System w/o shocks
Fixed lower control arms, adjustable front track bar, rear track
bar relocation bracket
RKSJK25001 / $999.99
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=60162

Skyjacker
-----------
2.5" Value Flex Coil Suspension System w/o shocks
Fixed lower control arms, rear track bar brace
SKYJK2501KCR / $760.98
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=56302

2.5" Coil Suspension System w/o shocks
Rear track bar brace
SKYJK250BK / $374.97
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=42792

Teraflex
---------
2.5" Coil Suspension System w/shocks
TER1251002 / $664.99
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=59619

2.5" Coil Suspension Sustem w/o shocks
TER1251002 / $421.99

Wrangler Mountain Edition

Rock KrawlerSynergyJKSLoDGoodyear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 11-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20JK10 View Post
I'm just looking for your opinion on these 2.5" lift kits. I know a lot of you will say go with a 3" lift. The reason why I am looking at the 2.5" kits is mostly do to money, or lack of it. I don't have the money to drop on a good 3" kit, 35" tires/wheels and new gears. And after analyzing the type of wheeling I do, a 2.5" is more than adequate [blasphemy, I know]. Now, if i lived near Moab or Rubicon, a 3" kit wouldn't even be a thought.

Is the kit worth the price for the parts that come in it?

Quality of the parts in the kit?

How did the springs change the ride, positive or negative?

Would you recommend the kit?

Rock Krawler
------------
2.5" Stock Mod Coil Suspension System YES
Front adjustable track bar, rear track bar relocation bracket
RKSJK25000 / $399.99
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=60161

2.5" Max Travel Coil Suspension System w/o shocks NO
bar relocation bracket
RKSJK25001 / $999.99

Skyjacker HELL NO
-----------
2.5" Value Flex Coil Suspension System w/o shocks
Fixed lower control arms, rear track bar brace
SKYJK2501KCR / $760.98
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=56302

2.5" Coil Suspension System w/o shocks HELL NO
Rear track bar brace
SKYJK250BK / $374.97
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=42792

Teraflex
---------
2.5" Coil Suspension System w/shocks YES
TER1251002 / $664.99

2.5" Coil Suspension Sustem w/o shocks NO
TER1251002 / $421.99
Go with the RK or Tera 2.5"....add shocks....good to go. JMO

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 26 Old 11-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
agreed. and 2.5" is not blasphemy. Planman has done amazing things with small lifts and large tires. As long as you use bump stops wisely, trim fenders, and add washers to steering stops, you can fit quite large tires without rubbing.

Mike 2010 Rubicon 2DR | RK 3.5 X FACTOR MID ARM | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 11-25-2010, 05:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Over the next few months I will be on 37"s on my TF 2.5" coil lift!

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #5 of 26 Old 11-25-2010, 05:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiZealot View Post
agreed. and 2.5" is not blasphemy. Planman has done amazing things with small lifts and large tires. As long as you use bump stops wisely, trim fenders, and add washers to steering stops, you can fit quite large tires without rubbing.

x3

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #6 of 26 Old 11-25-2010, 08:11 PM
JKO Addict!

If you have a Rubicon, go without shocks. You'll get the shock adapters and Rubi shocks are more or less equivalent to Tera shocks. If you don't have a Rubi, get the 2.5" non-Skyjacker kit with shocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #7 of 26 Old 11-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Granite Guru

I would highly recommend the RK 2.5 Stock Mod, this is what I will be getting. Talk to Anthony at WSOffroad ( vendor section). He set me straight on the RK - the ability to add to that setup as time and $ permits are huge.

Now, what I find interesting are the varying "Kool-aid" driven responses you are receiving on your other thread over here ---> http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...quot-lift-kits

Please try to not drink that Kool-aid and give Anthony a call at WSOffroad or any other vendors here (RiverCityOffroad, Allans aka SweetCJ7, etc.)

2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod Lift : Bilstein 5100's Front & Back : Rock Krawler Discos : 35X12.5X17 Goodyear MTR/K's : 2" Rock Krawler Stackable Bumpstops F/R : ProComp 7089's 17x9 4.75BS : Poison Spyder Evap Skid : Poison Spyder Brawler Lite : Spiderwebshade - Trailmesh : Recon 10,500lb Winch : Olympic Rock Sliders : Hella Black Magic Lights

post #8 of 26 Old 11-26-2010, 02:23 AM
Rock God

The Teraflex 2.5 works great and made my ride as good in not a bit better than stock! Great flex too!

This is with my stock tires on!

I have had the lift for about 3 years now and still love it!

07 JKU, To see my mods & Jeep in Action @

CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
post #9 of 26 Old 11-26-2010, 04:04 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdub View Post
Now, what I find interesting are the varying "Kool-aid" driven responses you are receiving on your other thread over here ---> http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...quot-lift-kits
Im not sure what you are refering to there as "kool-aid" other than the pimping of Northridge, but the OME kits gets great reviews over here as well. There are alot of people running that kit here as well and are very happy with it. I plan on running the RK 2.5 Max travel on my 2 door and the OME on my wifes 4 door. I will be useing the 2 door much more off-road than I will the 4 door and thats why I want the RK for it.

Marc

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

post #10 of 26 Old 11-26-2010, 04:58 AM
Rock God

Egg get a Va loan and go big, 37s and a long arm on the 2dr you earned it, go for it. You only live once, go for the gusto, build it and beat it. Be a Tinker, he nows how to live. Just ask him. Dont tell the old lady, say it came like that, just tell her you put more air in the tires. If none of this works, bring her wheeling, we will get her hanging with Reggie for the day ( might be a bad idea, youll be putting the LA on the 4dr)
How was chow "T" day, see ya when u get in town. unsub

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
post #11 of 26 Old 11-26-2010, 05:03 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwhite93 View Post
Im not sure what you are refering to there as "kool-aid" other than the pimping of Northridge, but the OME kits gets great reviews over here as well. There are alot of people running that kit here as well and are very happy with it. I plan on running the RK 2.5 Max travel on my 2 door and the OME on my wifes 4 door. I will be useing the 2 door much more off-road than I will the 4 door and thats why I want the RK for it.
That was exactly the Kool-aid I was referring to - that and very few even mention the RK's over there - not sure if NRidge carries RK - so...

2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod Lift : Bilstein 5100's Front & Back : Rock Krawler Discos : 35X12.5X17 Goodyear MTR/K's : 2" Rock Krawler Stackable Bumpstops F/R : ProComp 7089's 17x9 4.75BS : Poison Spyder Evap Skid : Poison Spyder Brawler Lite : Spiderwebshade - Trailmesh : Recon 10,500lb Winch : Olympic Rock Sliders : Hella Black Magic Lights

post #12 of 26 Old 11-26-2010, 09:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecollector View Post
Egg get a Va loan and go big, 37s and a long arm on the 2dr you earned it, go for it. You only live once, go for the gusto, build it and beat it. Be a Tinker, he nows how to live. Just ask him. Dont tell the old lady, say it came like that, just tell her you put more air in the tires. If none of this works, bring her wheeling, we will get her hanging with Reggie for the day ( might be a bad idea, youll be putting the LA on the 4dr)
How was chow "T" day, see ya when u get in town. unsub
I flip flop on a daily basis if I want to go 35 or 37 on the 2 dr. LOL Right now we are budgeting for the jeeps but it may still be a bit. Bobbie is seperating in Feb and if she dosnt have a job that means we are on one income. There will be some building after tax return season but what direction I will be going is undescided at this point. As far as Bobbie wheeling, she has taken hers to Rausch Creek, Wharton and Forked several times. She likes it but is not into the heavy duty rocks like I am so the two will be built a little differant.

Marc

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

post #13 of 26 Old 11-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Rock God

Garage

I can tell you this about Rock Krawler:

The on highway ride and offroad handling will be dramatically improved. I can tell you that with the 2.5 Stock Mod I would add front disco's if you don't already have them.

The fact that you can take the stock mod and slowly upgrade it to the max travel over time as budget allows makes it worth the money. With the 2.5 the right bump stops and flat fenders you can run 37's easy and have a great LCG rig. Planman is the king in this arena!

If you need any help with Rock Krawler products just let me know or contact Rock Krawler they have amazing customer service.

Many guys on here have all of these kits so let them chime in but I will tell you this DO LOTS OF RESEARCH before you spend a dime on a lift. It is a very important choice to make as it is the foundation of your Jeep build.

Rock Krawler, Poison Spyder, Rigid Industries, Currie and more.

OR CALL 813.361.0869

post #14 of 26 Old 11-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
2.5" Max Travel Coil Suspension System w/o shocks NO
bar relocation bracket
RKSJK25001 / $999.99
Why no to the RK 2.5" Max Travel???

2008 JK X 2dr. Std. Blk
post #15 of 26 Old 11-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryGuy View Post

My guess would be a typo?

OR CALL 813.361.0869

post #16 of 26 Old 11-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsoffroad View Post
My guess would be a typo?
No. I think that is a great kit. I just feel that the included shocks would be the way to go instead of using the OEM shocks. That's all I was saying.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #17 of 26 Old 11-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
No. I think that is a great kit. I just feel that the included shocks would be the way to go instead of using the OEM shocks. That's all I was saying.
All Rock Krawler kits are designed to use aftermarket shocks. Factory shocks won't provide enough travel.

OR CALL 813.361.0869

post #18 of 26 Old 11-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsoffroad View Post
All Rock Krawler kits are designed to use aftermarket shocks. Factory shocks won't provide enough travel.
Exactly. That's why I suggest opting out of the "WITHOUT SHOCKS' option.

Get the RK....but get it with an aftmkt shock option. I didn't mean to suggest that the RK wasn't good.

post #19 of 26 Old 11-27-2010, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

What shocks would you guys recommend? Ideally, I want to keep it riding as stock or maybe even a little softer for the potholes but stiff enough to keep body-roll to a minimum.

Wrangler Mountain Edition

Rock KrawlerSynergyJKSLoDGoodyear
post #20 of 26 Old 11-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20JK10 View Post
What shocks would you guys recommend? Ideally, I want to keep it riding as stock or maybe even a little softer for the potholes but stiff enough to keep body-roll to a minimum.
JMO- Bilstien shocks have a great ride- not too harsh/ not too soft.

Right now I am running Poly Performance Synergy shocks and they are fantastic too....but not sure off-hand if they make them for a 2.5" application.

Have heard nothing but good things about OME shocks as well- but I haven't had them on a JK yet.

post #21 of 26 Old 11-27-2010, 09:06 AM
JKO Addict!

I am waiting for some reviews on Rock Krawlers new shocks before I make a descision on what I will be using.

Marc

post #22 of 26 Old 11-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Rock God

Garage

I should have my Rock Krawler RRD shocks this week. I will let you know how they are compared to my Bilstein 5100's

OR CALL 813.361.0869

post #23 of 26 Old 11-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Rock God

I've decided on the Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel myself. I'll be starting to order stuff by the end of next week. Yeah, I know, I missed all the sales by a few days. I have found the shock decision to be the hardest, since "a good ride" is so subjective. If you can't ride on the set up you want to test it out, you just have to read what people say then take a chance.
Trying to fins a shock that will give a firmer than stock (Sahara) ride without being harsh, yet still hold up to high speed fire trail runs without fading within an hour seems to push me into high end,high cost territory!
But as my wife says when SHE goes shopping: "If you want the best, you pay the price!"

Davesrb
post #24 of 26 Old 11-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesrb View Post
I've decided on the Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel myself. I'll be starting to order stuff by the end of next week. Yeah, I know, I missed all the sales by a few days.
That sucks.... RK is having 20% off until the 30th.

2008 JK X 2dr. Std. Blk
post #25 of 26 Old 11-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Rock God

Quote:
That sucks.... RK is having 20% off until the 30th.
Tell me about it! But I don't spend it until I have it and I don't use credit cards. I just take my cash, load it on a pre paid Visa from Wally World and order away! And, as a contractor in this economy, until the check is in my hands, I don't count on it.

Davesrb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode