Fiat V6 Engine for JK in South Africa - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 11-22-2010, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Fiat V6 Engine for JK in South Africa

Will USA also get Fiat engines for Jeep in future?

http://www.wheels24.co.za/4x4/Jeep-W...er-V6-20101110
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Yup, in 2012, just like everyone else.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/09/j...power-in-2012/
post #3 of 12 Old 11-22-2010, 12:45 AM
JKO Addict!

And the 3.6 isn't a Fiat engine. It's been in design phase for quite a few years. Years before Fiat came along.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 11-22-2010, 12:49 AM
Granite Guru

From the first article:
"Interestingly, for an off-road application such as the Wrangler, the Pentastar V6 is radically oversquare in terms of internal architecture. It has a cylinder bore of 96mm and a stroke of 83mm, enabling a 7200rpm maximum crank speed."

This sounds like what a lot of us have been talking about, that the Pentastar will be an improvement, but still far from an ideal motor for the Wrangler.

2009 X 2-door 6-speed
budget boost, bilsteins, discos, 35's, 4.88's, and more issues than TV Guide
post #5 of 12 Old 11-22-2010, 03:31 AM
Rock God

Garage

Will be interesting to see what kind of tune the new V6 gets for the JK. I really want to know what the tranny options will be, these could be just as important as the engine from a performance standpoint.

2007 Redrock X two door
Auto
Hardtop
D44 rear
17" Moab wheels
32" BFG M/Ts
Rubicon Rock Rails
Airaid intake
Infinity speakers
post #6 of 12 Old 11-22-2010, 02:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If jeep still follows well behind everyone else's designs,the automatic will probably be a cheapened 5 spd while the rest of the world has 6 spd autos.Chances are I won't have my jk for too much longer and I'm not going to wait to see IF jeep comes out with the truck,I might be long dead by that time.I will most likely be going back to ford and the 150.I need to pull about 5800 lbs worth of camper soon and the jk would lay on the side of the road on fire,fucking junk.

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #7 of 12 Old 11-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
....I need to pull about 5800 lbs worth of camper soon and the jk would lay on the side of the road on fire,fucking junk.
Do I sense some frustration with your JK ownership experience? haha, I'm with ya.

2009 X 2-door 6-speed
budget boost, bilsteins, discos, 35's, 4.88's, and more issues than TV Guide
post #8 of 12 Old 11-22-2010, 04:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff View Post
Do I sense some frustration with your JK ownership experience? haha, I'm with ya.
Yup,you sure do.I love the wrangler but hate the way jeep ignores common problems,ie:auto trans coolers,and you have heard (or experienced) other problems that are common to either the manual or auto etc.Instead they come out with another decal jk and pat themselves on the back like they are doing a stroke of business.And I ain't gonna wait for a maybe jeep truck with yet another v6 gasser.Fuck em all.They can call me if they ever put a diesel in a jk,or a jk truck that would be for sale here in the US.Till then,jeep and sergio macaroni can suck an assbomb outta my butt.

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #9 of 12 Old 07-11-2011, 10:35 PM
JPK
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man View Post
Will be interesting to see what kind of tune the new V6 gets for the JK. I really want to know what the tranny options will be, these could be just as important as the engine from a performance standpoint.
Every sign points to the WA580 for the auto. That would be a huge improvement over the current 42re.

Gear ratios:
1st =3.59
2nd = 2.19
3rd = 1.41
4th = 1.00
5th = 0.83

Note the lack of the friggin' huge gap of the 42re which has a 1:1 3rd and a .69:1 4th.

Auto Rubicons will come with taller gears, probably 3.73's but the 4.10's will be a no cost option, the other will come with taller gears too, but the 3.73's should be an option linked with the towing package probably. The 4.10's with the reduced OD ratio, the extra torque and HP should be between tolerable and good with 35's, I think.

The 3.6 tune is reported to be the same as in the GC. Here's the dyno chart - note the improved torque everywhere, but especially down low - thanks to VVT. 3.8 and 4.0 chart below the 3.6 chart for comparison - Hemi chart below that for envy (and its for an earlier non-VVT engine, the VVT puts out 383hp and 390lbs' with a flatter torque curve.)

JPK

Last edited by JPK; 07-11-2011 at 10:45 PM.
post #10 of 12 Old 07-11-2011, 10:36 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozie View Post
This issue is interesting... Fiat parts such as its engine will be use in Jeep. I'm just wonderin' what engine performance will give to Jeep?
WTF?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #11 of 12 Old 07-11-2011, 10:45 PM
VKS Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
WTF?
X2

Handmade One At A Time

GIVE US A CALL 559-392-3145
post #12 of 12 Old 07-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
WTF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Vick View Post
X2
I would be happy with the 400Nm at 1250 rpm from the 3l they offer on the massif. But unfortunately it is a diesel not a petrol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode