Hanson/PureJeep bumpers opinions? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-21-2010, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Hanson/PureJeep bumpers opinions?

Anyone have Hanson/PureJeep front or rear bumpers? I'm looking at the Hanson mid-length winch front bumper and the PureJeep stubby rear bumper. How is the quality on their parts? Any ideas on the weight? And please post pictures of your bumpers

Wrangler Mountain Edition

Rock Krawler Synergy JKS LoD Goodyear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-21-2010, 10:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'm not sure about hansons rear bumper but if they use the same lock mechanism as PJunk I wouldnt get it. I had mine get stuck locked twice, first time took 4 of us 1.5 hrs to get it open while I was 600 miles from home. The second time it took me 5 minutes to cut the pin because I had a sawsall handy. there is zero adjustment on the pin that it locks down on but hanson/pj tired to claim they could help me, I sent pics and video of it lining up after they sent me new mechanism but they never got back to me after repeated phone calls and emails, probably because there is no adjustment I've held it closed with a ratchet strap for now. The first year I had it it rattled a lot, mechanism never closed tight like it did when it got locked closed. I've talked to a few others who had the same trouble.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #3 of 5 Old 11-21-2010, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Are you talking about the rear tire mount? I'm looking at bumpers without a swing-arm mount.

Wrangler Mountain Edition

Rock Krawler Synergy JKS LoD Goodyear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-21-2010, 05:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have the PJ bare-bonez front bumper (which is basically just a winchplate, hoop with light tabs, and a couple of clevis attachments).

As with my Pure Jeep sliders, they have been tough as hell and very functional. They have both taken hits that I have SEEN break the other popular brands (and I have broken other bumpers and sliders). Those who wheel with me know that I don't compliment many products (because I usually break them). Quality is excellent IMO. If you like they way the product looks, I don't think its a purchase you will regret.

Name:  Untitled 0 00 28-16 (Medium).jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  98.2 KB
post #5 of 5 Old 11-21-2010, 06:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have Hanson front and Rear. I find it to be one of the highest quality out there. I have built 9 Jeeps of my own over the years and have used alot of brands. You pay more for Hanson but well worth it.Just my opinion.

2014 Rubicon on the build!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode