Tires?? pit bull mad dog or km2 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-16-2010, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Tires?? pit bull mad dog or km2

I'm looking to get either the pit bull mad dog 38.5" or the km2 38's... I have the km2 37's now and want to achieve a bit more clearance and was wondering if the mad dog may offer a bit more bite offroad. I don't mud bog but do mostly rocks, dirt, and trail. Rock is my favorite but here in south a lot of times its got dirt and or wet conditions mixed in with it. It is my daily driver so I can't get a crawler or bias ply... Both of the above are available in radial and I don't care which one will last longest on street, this is solely to get opinions on how they compare offroad.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-16-2010, 01:43 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I think you are comparing apples and oranges.

The KM2s are going to be a huge jump in cost from what you paid for 37s versus going with a Pit Bull.

In this instance I'm going to say Pit Bull.

Let me know if you want pricing on either of them. I'll hook a brother up.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 Old 11-16-2010, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

lets say price isn't a concern, I want the best of the offroad of these two tires. You can pm me a price. I have a price on the km2's not the pit bulls. which one grips the best in rocks, dirt, trail is really what I want regardless of price. I'm going to sell my km2 37's as they have plenty of life left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 11-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Rock God

I say try the pitbulls. You've have KM2's now, so you know how they are gonna perform, why not try something different? Checkout www.offroaders.com, theres tons of tire reviews on there.

SOLD-08 Unlimited X, "jeep green", auto, limited slip, hushpower muffler, Aerotech Interceptor gauge,Powerstroke tranny cooler, skidrow evap skid, AFE Pro 7 filter, Teraflex leveling kit, EVO control arm skids, 15x8 Black Rock 909's, 33" KM2's
post #5 of 11 Old 11-16-2010, 04:43 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

You definitely want Pit Bulls if you're being honest about what you're looking for. The KM2 is a great all around tire, but the Pit Bulls are just nasty.

I like nasty.

I'll work up a price, need your zippy code...nevermind I can get close with ATL.

post #6 of 11 Old 11-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Rock God

Another thing to remember is that the pitbull maddogs are much closer
To advertised size than the Km2's. I've run both and the mad dogs are definately ALOT better offroad.
post #7 of 11 Old 11-16-2010, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernmedic View Post
Another thing to remember is that the pitbull maddogs are much closer
To advertised size than the Km2's. I've run both and the mad dogs are definately ALOT better offroad.
exactly what I am probably not happy about my 37"km2's now, they look more like 36's which seems to be standard sizing with the exception of a couple I've seen like pitbull and maxis. My curiosity is peaking on the 38.5 mad-dogs. Now just got to decide if I will sell my km2's with or without the rims I have which are the teflon coated, (scratched now), and just get some spyder locks.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Rock God

If you're debating between the 2, it becomes a non-issue. The maddogs last just as long if not longer than the Km2's, are even friendlier on road (albeit, alittle louder), and kick ass off road on the Km2's!
post #9 of 11 Old 01-05-2012, 06:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Anyone on here running the 38.5 Mad dogs?

I've been on the KM2 kick for a while but my next tire I want to be a 37 or larger...i've been between the 38.5 KM2 (radial), 39.5 IROK (bias), 37 Pit Bull rocker (radial or bias), and now the 38.5 Mad Dog (radial). I had all but decided on the IROK, but seeing as how my jeep tends to sit between runs, i know I'd regret the bias everytime i drive it and have to deal with the wobble from flat spotting.

The 38.5 mad dog seems pretty much dead on perfect for the kind of wheeling I do based on reviews i've read online...but i don't know anyone who's personally run them.

Whats the deal with the mad dogs?

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #10 of 11 Old 01-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneszj View Post
Anyone on here running the 38.5 Mad dogs?
Rockness Monster has a set of 39.5 Maddogs. They're kick ass. I've seen him walk up some pretty serious climbs in them.

Poser shot on my Jeep.

Last edited by merlin4979; 01-05-2012 at 08:58 PM.
post #11 of 11 Old 01-06-2012, 08:09 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

the rockers are nice and i am debating them for my DD.... but you cant go wrong with MTR/k's!

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42 MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode