Bestop Bikini on a 2010 2 door - How to make it fit? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-15-2010, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Bestop Bikini on a 2010 2 door - How to make it fit?

On the old TJ the Bestop Bikini was great! But on the JK well not so sure.

I have a bikini to fit a 2010 JK 2 door. The rear and front are all good but the sides are not so. The instructions are crap and they mention a hook and loop, what hook and loop?

I have a few loose straps but I have no points of attachment to the bikini. The velcro wrap around wont fit the door surround. So how do I attach the sides? Do they just stay loose and flap in the wind?

Any ideas?
Thanks Vic
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-15-2010, 10:35 AM
JKO Addict!

psst.... Your steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Marc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwhite93 View Post
I was just going to post the same thing!! Beat me to it!

That may not have anything to do with the bikini top not fitting!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to superdavis78 Send a message via Yahoo to superdavis78 Send a message via Skype™ to superdavis78

Maybe it goes around the roll bar, and not the surround. I don't know but that seems more logical. I could be wrong.

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/123448.pdf

Don't know if this is the same instructions you have, but it's worth a shot.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Last edited by superdavis78; 11-15-2010 at 04:59 PM.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Granite Guru

Can't really tell from your photos, but the Bestop bikini top should have some plastic flaps sewn into the sides, which tuck into the door surrounds. I don't see those in your photos. If you don't have those, you may have gotten the wrong top for your JK...mine has those plastic flaps, and some useless velcro straps that loop around the door surround, that I don't use. The plastic flaps keep it pretty tight by themselves. Also, mine didn't come with any loose straps.

07 Jeep Green 2 door Rubicon; OME Std suspension; 33" BFG KM2; Shrockworks stubby front, Expedition One rear bumpers, JKS adj trackbars f/r, Poly HD tie rod, Moog TRE on drag link.
post #6 of 9 Old 11-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Wheeler

I had to remove the rain gutters on the door surrounds to get the plastic piece to have a place to slide in. The velcro straps are for hooking it to the roll bar without having door surrounds. What a PITA, still leaked like a sieve and sounded like you were inside of a drum going down the highway until I put a 2 inch soft foam block all the way around the top of the roll bar and the tubes going forward to the windshield frame.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-16-2010, 05:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwhite93 View Post
What? It's on the right whats wrong with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdavis78 View Post
Maybe it goes around the roll bar, and not the surround. I don't know but that seems more logical. I could be wrong.

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/123448.pdf

Don't know if this is the same instructions you have, but it's worth a shot.
Yes thats the top I have to fit a 2010 JK and the instructions only talk about using the velcro wrap but no mention if you have the door surrounds what to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwood View Post
Can't really tell from your photos, but the Bestop bikini top should have some plastic flaps sewn into the sides, which tuck into the door surrounds. I don't see those in your photos. If you don't have those, you may have gotten the wrong top for your JK...mine has those plastic flaps, and some useless velcro straps that loop around the door surround, that I don't use. The plastic flaps keep it pretty tight by themselves. Also, mine didn't come with any loose straps.
I think the 2010 is different to all previous years. As the part# is different. My door surrounds don't have a channel and the bikini has no plastic flap!

This is very confusing? it just makes no sense to have no way of securing the sides. I had the TJ and the plastic flap clipped into the channel on the door surround and by the sound of things thats the same case for the 07-09 JK. What about the 2010???

"She'll Be Right"
post #8 of 9 Old 11-16-2010, 05:44 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I say ditch it and get yourself a spiderwebshade's JKini ...

/

post #9 of 9 Old 11-16-2010, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Angry Bestop? more like the Worst top

Official word from Bestop - (Worst top!!)

----------------------------------------------------
The 2010 and 2011 Bikini's do NOT attach to the door surrounds, you do need to remove those and the Bikini will wrap around your roll bar. The Bikini was designed this way due to the change in the door surrounds made by Chrysler when the 2010 JK was born.
As far as the straps with the hook on the end, you did receive 2 incorrect hook straps and for that please contact Quadratec so they can send you out the correct straps needed to finish the install on this top.

Thank You
Bestop Customer Service

----------------------------------------------------

That is [email protected]#$%ed up!! Why not state that in the items description or the installation instructions. Would I have payed for it and payed twice as much to have it shipped to Australia if I've know that.............NO .

"She'll Be Right"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode