How far are you from your JK being "done" - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

How far are you from your JK being "done"

Was thinking about that today, how far away are you from being "content" with your rig? Mine is pretty basic, have the cage, winch, bumpers and 35s. I figure to be "content" I'd need 37s, regear, shafts, lift, RCVs, Skids, sliders, and tube fenders to be "done". Probably run $10,000 at the cheapest for all that. Crap! Jeep was $21k, have about $5k in it, I'd be at $37k or so after it all. Which "isn't bad".

I'm better off not really thinking about these things! Glad I'm going back to school, hobbies are too expensive!!

....and I haven't even accounted for what my 'Cuda needs

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Granite Guru

I have 37's, gears, winch, rear bumper etc....
Every time think I'll be content with next mod, I'm not.
Maybe the next mod will do it.............
post #3 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Rock God

I don't have a mod plan. If I see something I want to do that would be useful, I will do it, and be content (done) 'til I think of something else to do.
So, you could say mine is always done, or never done.
I'm happy either way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I don't think they are ever "done". And if they are, most likely you'll end up selling it and starting a new one! I had my TJ for 11 years and it wasn't done, sold it and starting over with the JK! I don't want to think about numbers, how much I spent on my TJ or how much I might spend on the JK. I still need to finish my Chevy II...
post #5 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Rock God

what is this "done" you speak of?

Mike 2010 Rubicon 2DR | RK 3.5 X FACTOR MID ARM | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #6 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I got a car that will never be done and a jeep that will never be done. Shit!

My "done" for the jeep is balancing daily driver and pretty badass airdown, wheel the crap out it, air up and go home. I think I'd be good with the mods I mentioned. Whole money thing is over rated!

This little bugger is going to get hungry for mods pretty quick.

| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

post #7 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Rock God

Just starting my build. The list from lift, tires, and gears to bumpers, rockers and winch looks like $6k...

Davesrb
post #8 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 05:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I don't see being done anytime soon.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #9 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 05:44 PM
zjr
JKO Addict!

Garage

Mine won't be done for a while, but I am very content with it, while I wait to win the lotto. I had put it through the ringer on my trip...

01111001011011110111010100100000011011000110111101 11001101110100001000000111010001101000011001010010 000001100111011000010110110101100101

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl View Post
James just came a little early......
Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
...May 2011 bless everyone with pervert wheeling days...
post #10 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to D5Fire

Im thinking as it stands now Im about 10k -15k from being where I want to be. Unless of course Poison Spyder just wants to donate my wish list to me. Front and Rear Bumpers, Sliders, front and rear fenders. and skids.

Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Poison Spyder BFH w/ trail stinger, custom rear BFH, crusher flares, rocker knockers, evap skid, hood louver. Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, Teraflex rear tire carrier, River Raider cowl snorkel,Warn VR 10,000 lbs winch, sPod, Rigid 50"SR.
post #11 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Granite Guru

Nowhere near done.

I have a good rig with a small lift and better tires that stock right now. If I could afford more....

I plan on keeping my JK for a long time, so I am sure it will always be a work in progress. If I could pick an amount to spend on it right now to get it to something I wouldn't have to mod for awhile, I'd say 10K would do nice.
post #12 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

oh add a snorkel to my list too!

post #13 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 05:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

these things can be done?

new crap comes out so much faster than I can afford the old crap, I don't see that ever happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #14 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Rock God

Done!!!!!!! Your a funny guy Goody, I knew I liked you for a reason. I dont know about the rest of yall but mine will never be "done", I just dont see it happn'n brother. Though a diesel swap would help get me a lot closer to never being "done".

2008 Jeep JK Unlimited Rescue Green NSG370
RK 3.5 X Factor mid arm
37x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers
PSC BFH trail stinger
PSC narrow fenders

A lot more to come very soon!
post #15 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 06:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i dont think mine will ever be done. honestly once i have 37s and have regeared, im gonna want 40 then supercharge or hemi or even an ls swap by the time I can afford it. axles blah blah it never ends. Ill probably be pretty content with 37s and regeared though...
post #16 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 06:41 PM
JKO Addict!

I'm pretty flippin happy as of now..but by EJS I gotta get the following complete:

Well, I gotta build front fenders w/ armor..
Get rear fenders w/ armor
RK 3 Link in rear
Limiting straps front/rear
Drive Shaft's front/rear
Rock Rail's
Skid Plates
New Hood
HID headlight's
Grille Cut/modified
Front body mounts narrowed
Rear BFH Poison Spyder bumper installed, but with custom rear cross member to keep stock hitch if I want. ( bumper is sitting on my floor )
Drop down tail gate with gas can's sunk in.

Then I'll be totally content.

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #17 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I'm completely done every time I finish another phase........

.....and then........

I would like to think that (at least at this point) I will be done with at least the big stuff after the next phase....which will be:

RCV's
Chromoly rears
Sport cage (prob a modified Poly cage)
Spec clutch (2+)
New gas-tank skid
Another set of rock lights
Rear PSC bumper
Under-hood light

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #18 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to JTs-JK Send a message via Yahoo to JTs-JK

Well if the boss of the money has her way it will be done when I pick it up but she has said that as I break stuff I can replace it with better stuff. She also wants her own someday so maybe that will help but a jeep is never done.
JT

post #19 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 09:08 PM
JKO Addict!

I'm always thinking what else.

JKUS Sort of
post #20 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 09:11 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

TThere are things that I want to do to both of ours but other things keep taking the front seat. Namely getting this River City Offroad thing on the map.

I have found that I can get just as excited about watching someones else Jeep come together as I do about working on my own which is good to keep my sickness at bay.

I haven't ever "finished" a Jeep because I decided the list was too long and it would be beneficial to sell it and move on. Eight Wranglers in you'd think I'd of learned by now...LOL!!

Now that I've answered your question I'd like to add that I genuinely appreciate you guys and the support that you've shown River City Offroad. Who wants to see if we can finish one? LOL!

Marcus

post #21 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 09:13 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTs-JK View Post
Well if the boss of the money has her way it will be done when I pick it up but she has said that as I break stuff I can replace it with better stuff. She also wants her own someday so maybe that will help but a jeep is never done.
JT
FYI her wanting her own isn't going to help a damn thing. I never thought I'd have a woman mad at me because I got 35s first.

post #22 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Rock God

I think its a great question and I might be in the minority.

I believe my shit is built up pretty good. I Yeahh I could toss another $100,000 in it no problem. I don't even need an imagination for that.

I am fricking broke , between my Jeep , my kids education , my house payment , and maybe even saving up for a better day. Oh , shit I forgot I am barely flush.

So for me my jeep kicks ass and even when I do start making bank again , I am not sure I am willing to put my money in my Jeep. A little yes but a lot No.

I point my Jeep where I want it to go and it hasn't let me down so why keep dumping money in it?

Yup for me I blew my wad and its pretty much done. Yeahh of course I will keep going and it really isn't done but I am at stage 3 and stage 4 seems a long way away.

Cutts Crew

Quote:
Orginal Quote from cjcraig7 "Every time I hang out with you Cutts fucks, one of you inevitably gets pissed and vandalizes my shit."

Last edited by R8R ROK; 11-13-2010 at 10:49 PM.
post #23 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
FYI her wanting her own isn't going to help a damn thing. I never thought I'd have a woman mad at me because I got 35s first.
I think that 35's = DD's....so y'all should be even now.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #24 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Granite Guru

My plan is for a slow evolution of mods. I don't think "done" is in my plan.
post #25 of 48 Old 11-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

When it's paid off, it will cease to be my DD. When my new DD (4dr diesel Dodge Ram, more than likely) is paid off, then the fun really begins.

This is my 4th Jeep. Plans constantly change, but for now, I have plans to - eventually and slowly - drop another $30-40k into it to complete my plan. I'm sure some really cool new shit will be out by then though.

tehiv
'14 Copperhead JKUR
'14 White WK2 Overland

formerly: 98 TJ | 97 XJ | 05 TJ | 01 WJ | 07 JKU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode