new headlights. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

new headlights.

So I found out this past weekend that obviously its a bad idea to mess around with your ex's bestfriend... so needless to say I need to buy new headlights and a few otherparts but my main question is that I had hid's before the incident and I was wanting to return to hids. Are the delta quadbars hids. All the websites says xenon but no where does it say hid or show a ballast or anything.. leaves me wondering are they hids cus I thought xenon was a hid light. Really in the dark here thanks for your help. And yes I have googled it and made me even more confused by all the run around I got...

Nice one Codd. Why dont you go have a Crainal Anal Inversion and call me tomorrow?

Thanks to people like you I have job security!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Why no officer this is not a potato launcher. Potato launchers are illegal. Why this, this is a Yam launcher!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 04:59 PM
JKO Addict!

xenon = hid. BUT watch the "xenon lights" that are just halogens on ebay/parts stores/etc. If they are HIDs/Xenons they come with two lights and two ballasts, period

Thats all the help I am good for.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #3 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 05:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

no Deltas are not HIDs
they come with an adapter harness to swap over to H4 bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

So what does the H4 bulbs mean??? Are they just as bright? Would I be better off sticking with the hids I had before or are the deltas just as good?

Nice one Codd. Why dont you go have a Crainal Anal Inversion and call me tomorrow?

Why no officer this is not a potato launcher. Potato launchers are illegal. Why this, this is a Yam launcher!
post #5 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 06:04 PM
JKO Addict!

this is the set up I'm going with. With a few added features...

-The blue bezel will just show up in the daylight.. ( it add's a color effect that goes with my color scheme)

-I'm using this forward firing white LED's for running lights instead of the white halo that BMW's have.

-These are rearward facing AMBER LED lights and it cancels out the blue color of the lens. I'm using this for my turn signal's.

Call Brian Tremblay (530)205-9163 or email him at [email protected]

Guy builds True HID's and has a couple other features...I'll be sending him my housing soon enough to do a full custom set up. Its a plug and play set up. Really nice guy. He hand builds everything and you get a good warranty on all the part's.

Includes:

- 50 Watt HIDs (bulbs & ballasts

- Bi-Xenon Projectors (installed)

- Pair CCFL Angel Eyes (if you choose)

- All "plug & play" install

- Lifetime warranty on all HID, Projector & CCFL components

- Colored Bezels are $25/pr

- SMT LED Rings (installed) are $75/pr (as signals, running lights, accent lights, etc)
Attached Images

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #6 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 06:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourplyn View Post
this is the set up I'm going with. With a few added features...

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...disp=inline&zw
LOL
you can't link to your email acct

Quote:
post #7 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 06:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter_EMT View Post
So what does the H4 bulbs mean??? Are they just as bright? Would I be better off sticking with the hids I had before or are the deltas just as good?
H4 is a style of bulb, and how it mounts/retains. Like the stock JK bulb is a H13, it's a halogen, but it will fit any other vehicle that takes a H13. H4 is just another halogen that mounts differently than a H13 halogen.

Probably doesnt make sense

| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

post #8 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 06:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

H4 bulbs are standard, non ballasted bulbs
the H4 refers to the style of bulb - stockers were H13s, etc
same technology as "regular" bulbs

there are a LOT of choices for H4 style bulbs, including plenty of HID retrofit kits.

Headlight upgrades can go several routes, brighter H4 bulbs are great, but need a full wiring harness to the battery (just some wire, a couple of relays, diodes and capacitors) so the canbus doesnt shut your headlights off for you.
HID retrofits can go either way, still usually need to add a capacitor to keep them from flickering. Some have decent light pattern, some don't.
Some flicker, some don't, Cheap kits lose your high beams, bi-xenon kits don't.

I'm running Delta reflectors with a full harness and an HID retro kit.
Its pretty good.
I used to run plain H4 bulbs from Hella in 55w low and 100w hi beams and they were great.

Quote:
post #9 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 06:27 PM
JKO Addict!

shit fuck! hold on..I'll change that post.

Past jeep:
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #10 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 06:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Ok, there ya go

Past jeep:
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #11 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 06:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

thats better!

whats the whole setup run?

Quote:
post #12 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Dude those are sick! Can you get them in 10k temp? How much !?!?

post #13 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 07:02 PM
JKO Addict!

With my set up its $450...

Hes a really cool guy. He can get the 7" light housings and charge you extra for them or you can send him yours and he will knock off money.

Hes really reasonable and builds everything custom.. He doesn't want to be the guy that only builds these in certain colors and certain options...

I believe he said 4,800K out put...just under the 5,000k ...which is ultra bright white..

He can build higher outputs, but they cost more...I just wanted to see better with out over powering anyone elses lights...plus keep the cops off my tail..

He said they have 10,000 + HID's out there that he knows of...its all a matter of cost..

www.sickhids.com

Check his stuff out... Its really trick and TRUE HID's, not just a different bulb... he can deal with the signal cancelers as well that are needed with the JK...I"ve sent him the link to the lighting thread so he knows what hes dealing with. And he said no problem....he can still provide a plug and play application for us.

Just tell him Troy from Denver told you to call him...

Past jeep:
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #14 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 07:06 PM
JKO Addict!

10000ks suck for light output. Had them in my Ranger and bought 6000ks

post #15 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourplyn View Post
With my set up its $450...

Hes a really cool guy. He can get the 7" light housings and charge you extra for them or you can send him yours and he will knock off money.

Hes really reasonable and builds everything custom.. He doesn't want to be the guy that only builds these in certain colors and certain options...

I believe he said 4,800K out put...just under the 5,000k ...which is ultra bright white..

He can build higher outputs, but they cost more...I just wanted to see better with out over powering anyone elses lights...plus keep the cops off my tail..

He said they have 10,000 + HID's out there that he knows of...its all a matter of cost..

www.sickhids.com

Check his stuff out... Its really trick and TRUE HID's, not just a different bulb... he can deal with the signal cancelers as well that are needed with the JK...I"ve sent him the link to the lighting thread so he knows what hes dealing with. And he said no problem....he can still provide a plug and play application for us.

Just tell him Troy from Denver told you to call him...
That looks like a really cool setup. Alot of customization and very unique. Seems like a good price too. With that being said, I do not know anything about lighting. How will the beam pattern be? How much brighter than stock?

Also, did you send in your old housings or is the $450 with new housings?
post #16 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

When jp mag did their article on 100k wranglers the silver one from texas had some pretty awesome looking projector headlights. Is this the same guy who made his?

post #17 of 17 Old 11-13-2010, 08:15 PM
JKO Addict!

I'm not sure..I"m pretty sure Brian told me that he's done a few lights for some guys that are still waiting on having their rides published.

I'm going to start another thread on HID's and what He has to offer..Maybe some other guys will chime in and offer what they have as well...

I was going to talk to Brian about possibly becoming a dealer for his product's to sell to people on here...but I would like to get his product first and put it through some real world test's so I can provide real data and pics of the HID's.

Past jeep:
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode