hood decal placement - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 11-13-2010, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

hood decal placement

I just got my custom hood decals and was wondering if there is an exact center measurement spot when you stick them on? I got them from pixeldecals.com, anyone have any suggestions on the easiest way to place them right the first time? THANKS

ND Jeep Girl~'07 Salvaged Silver Wrangler X 4X4 Hardtop~in the process of a slow renovation
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neoprene seat covers, Jeep cargo net, Rampage 2pc Safari top, Smittybilt XRC rear bumper w/ tire carrier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-13-2010, 12:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

i think we will need a little more info... like what are the measurements of the decal, were on the hood would you like them placed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 11-13-2010, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

its 20" long and 3" high, just didnt know if there was some Einstein mathmatical equation of where it should start on the side of the hood-just cheking before i do some ass backward sticker chit tomorrow.

ND Jeep Girl~'07 Salvaged Silver Wrangler X 4X4 Hardtop~in the process of a slow renovation

Neoprene seat covers, Jeep cargo net, Rampage 2pc Safari top, Smittybilt XRC rear bumper w/ tire carrier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 11-13-2010, 06:22 AM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

I typically put them about a half an inch above the bottom of the hood. If you spray the hood and the back of the decals with rubbing alcohol it will give you some time to move it around before the adhesive sets up. Don't do it in direct sunlight though. The alcohol evaporates quickly. If you make a mistake chances are no one will notice until you point it out.

DIRTYDOG NETTING, SUN SHADES AND PET DIVIDER

post #5 of 13 Old 11-13-2010, 07:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I use blue painters tape to get the line straight before I put on a decal. The blue line allows you to see where it needs to be. That should get you close to the distance off the bottom that it looks right. Center one side so it looks good to you then check the measurement from the back edge of the hood and repeat on the other side.

Last edited by 4x4x4; 11-13-2010 at 07:15 AM.
post #6 of 13 Old 11-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgrl View Post
I just got my custom hood decals and was wondering if there is an exact center measurement spot when you stick them on? I got them from pixeldecals.com, anyone have any suggestions on the easiest way to place them right the first time? THANKS
Best and easiest way...

http://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/JK-Hood-Decal-Install

post #7 of 13 Old 11-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4 View Post
I use blue painters tape to get the line straight before I put on a decal. The blue line allows you to see where it needs to be. That should get you close to the distance off the bottom that it looks right. Center one side so it looks good to you then check the measurement from the back edge of the hood and repeat on the other side.
Pretty much the process I used. Used masking tape for straight lines and got measurements of where I wanted it, but I also trimmed the backing off the decal right to the bottom of the letters so I could line it up on the straight line of the masking tape. Same thing on the fender decals.

No more Jeep
post #8 of 13 Old 11-13-2010, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

thanks guys! Heating up the garage and placing the tape-You'll get pictures if it happens

post #9 of 13 Old 11-13-2010, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

That was an experience, took forever for it to stick. Had the garage to 60 and took awhile for it to let go of the paper, hells bells if I come out in the morning and its laying on the floor

post #10 of 13 Old 11-13-2010, 02:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Looks good! Whats the story behind the name?

Marc

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

post #11 of 13 Old 11-13-2010, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

When my hubby was deployed in 05-06 this gal came to my house to buy a couch and she had this huge black Jeep and I drooled on it, she told me where she traded her old one and long story short, I bought it and emailed my hubby the pics in Bosnia. It was an '89 YJ, we sold it when we moved out of town a few yrs later due to the fact it got 9MPG! Well in '09 another deployment was coming so he picked this one out BEFORE he left to Iraq, smart man- he knew better!! It officially became "Deployer II" when he got back last month. He did mumble something about "I wonder what Deployer III will look like!" LMAO!!

this is "Deployer I", so far it has had 3 females own it

post #12 of 13 Old 11-13-2010, 03:25 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

Looks great. Don't worry it will set up by morning.

DIRTYDOG NETTING, SUN SHADES AND PET DIVIDER

post #13 of 13 Old 11-13-2010, 04:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looks good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode