VERY SQEAKY !!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-12-2010, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

VERY SQEAKY !!!

Ok im sure this has been posted but here ya go anyway I have the standard 3.5 lift from Rubicon Express and the front end has rescently developed very bad sqeaks. it sounds awful, and being that none of it has grease serts i dont know what i can do . WD40 wont help, I have read where people has inserted grease into bushings with heavy syringes . So tell me what you have done or tried to stop it. At this point i will do about anything.

"Any day above ground is a good one "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-12-2010, 06:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
Ok im sure this has been posted but here ya go anyway I have the standard 3.5 lift from Rubicon Express and the front end has rescently developed very bad sqeaks. it sounds awful, and being that none of it has grease serts i dont know what i can do . WD40 wont help, I have read where people has inserted grease into bushings with heavy syringes . So tell me what you have done or tried to stop it. At this point i will do about anything.
Is very likely that you might need new bushings.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Wheeler

The standard kit uses the stock control arms so as long as they were good before you did the lift those should be fine. The only bushings that are replaced in the standard kit are the front lower track bar bushings and the rear sway bar link bushings. Try some white lithium grease on those points.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-12-2010, 12:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.O.R.D. View Post
The standard kit uses the stock control arms so as long as they were good before you did the lift those should be fine. The only bushings that are replaced in the standard kit are the front lower track bar bushings and the rear sway bar link bushings. Try some white lithium grease on those points.
The stock bushing dont hold up that well even in a stock vehicle...
post #5 of 9 Old 11-22-2011, 08:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i am going to bring this thread back to life for a few moments.... having this problem.... with this kit...... pleeease adv what people are doing since this thread is a year old and we prob have more info!

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42 MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #6 of 9 Old 11-22-2011, 08:22 AM
Rock God

first u need to have someone stand outside and flex it or otherwise cause the noise and find out exactly where its coming from. then there will be a number of fixes im sure.

O||||O
post #7 of 9 Old 11-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Rock God

Garage

Perhaps now that RE has re-opened maybe they have better parts and you can buy an upgrade... Otherwise I would look for new bushings.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Granite Guru

Go through all the pivot points one by one; lube and test to see if you still hear sqeaks, then move on to next pivot point. Even if you're using WD-40, it ought to quiet the squeak long enough to isolate the noisy parts that might need replacement.

2009 X 2-door 6-speed
budget boost, bilsteins, discos, 35's, 4.88's, and more issues than TV Guide
post #9 of 9 Old 11-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Rock God

Garage
Lightbulb Knob on the dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
There is a knob on the dash for that. You turn it clockwise. If you can still here the noise then turn it a little more. The knob should be on the left side of the radio.

Paved Roads - Another Fine Example of Unnecessary Government Waste!
Modes - 3.5" Lift - Steel Jeep Bumper with Winch. Body Armor 4x4 Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders. - Hard Top painted White to repel the HEAT! - Ham\CB Radio - A few dents and Scratches John Bull Mod to Front & Rear Diff Covers. Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Off-road Front, Rear and Rock Lights, Rear CAM, On Board Air.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode