Headlights - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-09-2007, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Headlights

What are people doing to replace the headlights? Is there anything out there yet? The stock headlights are terrible but that is probably because I am just used to the IPF Fat Boys I had in my LJ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

I went with full replacement of the lamps to E-Code lamps. I am running 85watt through some Marchals and the difference is night and day. However I had to alter the wiring to run such bright bulbs and the write up is here.

The company I got the lamps and bulbs from also sells Cibie brand which is a less expensive alternative as the Marchals are designed more for Rally racing.
post #3 of 13 Old 04-09-2007, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

That looks awesome. Do the lights then use a switch to turn on? I am going to wait until sPOD finishes their product for the JK before I do that. Is there something less techinical like a direct replacement?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 04-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Nope they still use the factory switch to turn on the lights hi and low beam as usual. I would contact Daniel in the link I gave in the first thread. He can tell you about alternatives and what might be a replacement with a little less work. He would know as this is what he does for a living.
post #5 of 13 Old 04-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Wheeler

I should be getting my HID kit in the next few day or so. Will let yall know how they turn out.
post #6 of 13 Old 10-15-2014, 01:50 PM
Wheeler

For no good reason other than the fact that I was bored, I decided to resurrect the oldest thread I could add something to.
Truck-Lites!

2013 COMMANDO GREEN
6-Speed, A/C, 3.73's
Support the 2nd Amendment - It's your right!
MOLON LABE
post #7 of 13 Old 10-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Wheeler

KC's!
post #8 of 13 Old 10-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Granite Guru

X2 on KC's. Improved beam pattern over the trucklites and can be found for only about $40 more.

Love mine.
post #9 of 13 Old 10-20-2014, 07:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr002 View Post
X2 on KC's. Improved beam pattern over the trucklites and can be found for only about $40 more.

Love mine.
Thanks for that tip, just started looking at lights today.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #10 of 13 Old 10-21-2014, 04:07 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr002 View Post

Love mine.

Every photo I see seems like the trucklites have more of that "black chrome" look than the KC's have you seen them side by side? I love the darker look of the JW speakers, but not so much the price point.
post #11 of 13 Old 10-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by klif01 View Post
Every photo I see seems like the trucklites have more of that "black chrome" look than the KC's have you seen them side by side? I love the darker look of the JW speakers, but not so much the price point.
X2 on this. USMCDoc14 did a great headlight comparison some time back (you should search and read it!), and the Speakers came out to be (not surprisingly) the best light pattern available. Not sure they're twice-the-money good though. Been wrestling with this one myself. If the price point were even close, to me it would be no question. I'm sure there are some who would prefer a little more traditional look though, and the J W Speakers are anything but traditional.

My Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 13 Old 10-22-2014, 10:19 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Ahem!

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187594

Better overall output, 300 less than the Speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #13 of 13 Old 10-22-2014, 02:24 PM
Rock God

I've tried HIDs in the stock housings, Hella's (halogen and HIDs), Cibies, HID Projectors, Hella's (again) and TL LEDs. By far the best I've had are the TLs. The Hella's were very good for what they cost (~120+ a harness). The TLs make my 10" rigid bar useless (I keep it just to piss off people who don't turn their highs off).

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

For all your protection needs:

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode