An oldie but a goodie..... back in 2003 a Jeep TJ drowns in Metal Creek Alaska - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
An oldie but a goodie..... back in 2003 a Jeep TJ drowns in Metal Creek Alaska

I read the story years ago and laughed and cried at the same time. Some of you have probably read this but some haven't I bet.

Here is the link...

http://www.alaska4x4network.com/show...eek+jeep+video

Read the postings by Imported_Josh and by murdock... they're the main players here. The story is a real hoot!

And here's the video...

knik glacier - metal creek eats a Jeep TJ

Edit: You have to be a member of alaska4x4network to read the story... if you don't want to join I have pasted some of the story below...

Last edited by Rerun; 11-02-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 01:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Have to be a member of the site to see the thread. Sad video though.
post #3 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Ah shit... I see you have to log into the forum to read the story...

Ok... I will try and cut and paste part of the story so you can get the drift..

Join up and log in... its a terrific story!

Quote:
By Imported Josh:
Well I am finnaly getting around to writing down what happend and i also noticed that the other thread has over a 1000 veiws * crazy stuff... here it goes...

Day One:

A couple days before it had been asked if any one can go out and recover this stock Nissan truck that had made it out to the glacier and had gotten stuck in the crazy silt mud. This stuff is solid when you first drive over it, once you agitate it turns to a Jello like state. Its some very deceiving stuff but that was least of out worries.

Thursday morning I wake up in a cold sweat after having a nightmare that I cannot recall and I go take a shower and start preparing my stuff and loading it up into my truck. I grab all my tools, spare parts, 2 sets a clothes and a sleeping bag. I would rather be over prepared and look like Iím paranoid that not be prepared and have to pay for it.

After every thing is loaded up I head out to the grocery store to get food and water. On my way to the store a friend of mine Justin calls me up and says he would like to come along since he doesnít have to go to work. I pick him up and head back to the grocery store for supplies.

After leaving the store we take New Seward to 5th and drive to the Williams gas station next to Merrill field. The meeting time was 9 am I arrive early so I can fill up on gas and grab what ever I forgot to get at the grocery store. I wait around for a while looking for a black TJ and a guy in a extended cab Dodge pulls up next to me rolls down his window and asks about my truck and so on. I talk with the guy about lift kits, winches and stuff for the next couple minutes then he leaves. Wait a little longer and a black jeep on 33ís rolls up and assume it must be them. They get out and introduce themselves and we talk about how hard it is going to be to get it out and that the winch should be able to handle the load plus the Nissans clutch is fried from the previous day were they flew out there to dig it out. They drive to the pump and get gas and food.

Justin and I sitting and waiting listening to the radio, that ďwake me up insideĒ song is playing and he jokingly mentions that what would happened if this whole thing is a plot to kill us and steal my truck. We joke around some more and they come over and talk some more, I ask if there are any more trucks coming I was under the assumption that a huge ford was going with us, Aaron (jeep owner) says that he got called out to fly some were.

We leave town headed out town on the Glenn Highway, were doing about 60-65 since I guess jeeps have a problem with speed wobble when their running disconnects. *We pass the first Eagle River exit and another friend of mine drives by headed to work at the airport. I call him up on his cell and tell him were Iím going and what is going on.

We pull in on the road that the drag track is on and I proceed to fallow him down the road and into what looks like a neiborhood about ready to be built. We stop in a cleared lot and talk some more and get ready for the trail. I hook up my winch controller and open up my cutout. *We head out on the trail and fallow down it for a while till it gets really rutted up and we pass by a newer Chevy that some got high centered and left only to come back to have it burnt to the ground.

We emerge from the woods out into Jims creek were every body is running around on 4 wheelers and camping out. We drive by a couple more burnt up cars and cross the first water crossing with ease. We head out on the first riverbed having fun with all the whoops and stuff going along at a semi fast pace. We cut off towards the mountains to fallow another riverbed, cross another river and enter the woods again which are called the ďbeaver pondsĒ. We weave around the woods crossing threw numerous other water holes. We come out of the woods and came upon another creek (Friday creek?). We crossed it and I hit the opposing bank with some speed and got my front end off the ground, remembering it was crap like that how I originally messed up my front end and I slowed down.

Again we drive along the riverbed and finally come upon Metal creek. Metal Creek is a bad name for this body of water. Creek is misleading Metal River is better name for it since it is about a quarter mile wide and can flow very fast. We had been warned as to the danger of this place and that it will try to kill you and will try to steal you vehicle. We got out and discussed the best plan to cross, we talk for a while looking for the best place to start the crossing, I suggest that the jeep go first since they crossed it the day their friend got stuck. They enter the water and make their way to the first bank and I fallow. We do this across the creek with out incident. Finally we are across and drive along a trail that winds along to the glacier. We come upon the Nissan and we look around a little and figure out as to how we are going to do this. I hook up my winch and pull it outg far enough to were we can figure out what we are going to need to do to get this thing out. The wheels are locked up from the silt creeping in between the wheels and brakes/hub and drying out and basically turning to cement. We jack up the truck to pull the wheels off and clean them out. We deal with the truck falling off the jacks and them sinking into the mud.

We get every thing cleaned out and the wheels roll so I strap up to the Nissan since the clutch is fried and we make our way back to the river. Once we arrive at the river we realize the water had risen. We talk some about how to do this and the jeep enters the water and makes its way to the first bank and I fallow with the Nissan still attached to me. We hop from bank to bank once more and just as the jeep starts to cross the widest part of the river it hits a drop off in the middle and starts floating away.

This is one of those times were time slows down, way down. As we watch helpless as the jeep keeps on floating away. About 300 feet down stream the jeep stops as it hits a under water sand bar. Immediately I jump out unhook the Nissan, the driver hops in with us (sorry I donít remember his name) I haul *** up stream along the bar we were on and cross diagonally down stream towards the sand bar that was adjacent to us. *I enter the water and realize this was a bad spot to cross. I go off a drop off and water crashes over my hood, I proceed to power of out it and the engine starts to bog down I come out onto the sand bar. I haul *** down the sand bar next to were they are stuck at. By this time they are on the top of the jeep. I back up into the water with and they try to too us their tow strap, after many tries we realize the strap wont reach. I again run up stream and drive down in the water so I am about 10 feet away from them and we try to throw the strap. Were I am positioned is very silty and I can feel the ground from under my truck eroding away. I hold that position as long as I can till Iím about stuck, I get out of it and make my way to the bank ingesting more water.

They finally abandon the jeep and swim off to were I am. Glad every one is still alive and no one lost their life it is discussed as to if we can get the jeep out and we decide that at this point in time that we need to get the hell out of there and trying to recover the jeep is not worth us getting stranded out in there if my truck got sucked away with the jeep still attached. We all load up into the Dodge and I make my way up the up the river and start another crossing. *All is fine in the part of the river it is about level with the top of my 35ís and I am making it along fine until I hit a raise in the bottom of the river. Forward momentum stops and my tires start to dig in. I try to reverse and go forward again with no luck I got my boggers dug in to deep and cant climb out of the whole they have made for them selves. *If I would have made it 1 or 2 more feet I could have made it out of that part of the river. *.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

more of the story by Imported Josh:

Quote:
I realize I am not going any were and that I need to get my truck out as soon as possible since were my air box is located is now level with the water. I have Justin keep my truck from dieing. *I grab my hi-lift and wade around to the back of the truck to try and get the back up and push the jack over to get out of the hole. With no luck since the jack just sinks into the silt I pull it off and loose the handle in the water. I open up my tool box and grab my breaker bar for a handle and move up to the front of the truck and try to jack it up and again no luck.

My last chance is my winch and with nothing to hookup I decide to try and use my tire as an anchor and berry it in the ground. *We move the tire out of the back and dig a whole for it. We throw the tire in the hole with a strap attached to it and hook up the winch. I run back to my truck to find Justin has to floor my truck just to get it to stay alive at 1500 rpm. My engine is not running well it all I open my hood and find that a gray oily substance is coming out of my intake. *I hope in look at my gauges and notice that my battery isnít charging any more. I start to winch and realize that I didnít engage it and it was still in free spool. I run out and engage it and start to winch again only to have wasted the little bit of my battery left. *The tire pulls out of the ground. And the line speed is so slow with it only pulling the tire the battery must be dead. I shut down my truck.

We strip every thing from my truck that will can use. We grab the sleeping bag, dry clothes (both in garbage bags lucky) food and water and leave the truck. We make our way across the river on foot with every thing over out heads so we dont get them wet. *This water is near freezing and we needed dry clothes so we donít get hypothermia. *We cross the other half of the river and finally we get the shore. Thankful to god no one was injured or died.

Part Two:
We meet up with the guy that was driving the Nissan who had made his way across the river on foot when I got stuck to go call for help. He was able to get a hold of his wife by hiking part way up a ridge were it was a strait shot to the closest cell phone tower. She was trying to get a group of people to come out and pick us up.

Were all on the bank of the river trying to realize as to what just happened. *We start to ring out our wet clothes and change into dry ones and get situated as to what are next plan of action is. Then we notice something shining in the woods about a mile away.

We start to hike over to see what it is and as we get closer we notice that there is a cabin to the right on a ridge but doesnít look like we can hike to it. We keep on hiking to the glimmer and see that it is another cabin, if you can call it that. This thing has been trashed and there is beer cans and broken glass all over the place. *We split up and some stay to start a fire and a couple of us hike up to use cell phones and call people. *

I call my mom and tell her whatís up and to let her know Iím safe. After that I try and call some friends to try and get a hold of another friend with a lifted Toyota. *During this time the other guys are calling their wives back to see if any one is going to come out. They relay the info that their friends are going to come out as soon as the guy with the Ford lands.

*We hike back down and by then they have started a fire and started setting up camp and we start to wait. A couple hours go by as we wait. We decide to hike back up and try to call out again and see what the progress is with getting us out of there. They guy with the ford just landed I guess and started getting stuff ready and the same for the guy with the jeep and they would be out to use in a couple hours.

*A couple hours have passed and it starts to rain so we spend the next couple minutes trying to make a shelter out of a tarp we found up at one of the cabins. As soon as we get it up the rain lets up so only itís a little sprinkle. Shortly after this we can hear the drone of an exhaust. Soon we can see headlights a couple miles away and we call up our rescue party up on the radio. They brought food water and extra clothes and most importantly a ride out.
post #5 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

more still by Imported Josh:

Quote:
Day Two, July 4:

I wake up later than I intended since I couldnít get to sleep the night before for obvious reasons. *I call around trying to find a wrecker that will go out to metal creek but no one will. Finally we get a hold of a guy that says he has a friend that will do it for 3 thousand but he wont be able to leave till he is done with parade at 12. *My dad and I leave the house at 11:30 so I can pick up a set of waiters since mine were in the back of my truck. We head out of town and get on the highway towards Knik.

*We eventually get out to Knik and are waiting by the racetrack for the guy at happy hooker towing to give us a call as to when he is going to arrive. We were supposed to leave about the same time and meet up at the racetrack at the same time. We ended up waiting for 3 hours. During this time I see Curtis and the Winigers drive by but I donít even think about waving them down.

*Its about 4pm now and the tow truck guys finally show up, they say there is only enough room for one so I hop in and leave my dad to wait. We make it about half way before we see a train of jeeps headed out along the trail. Luckily I had my frs set to the same channel as them and I could hear them talking to immediately got on and started talking to them. Told them the dodge was mine and that I was on my way out to get it.

*We make our way threw the wooded part of the trail trying to keep up with the jeeps and along the way some were we popped a tire but we were able to keep on moving since it was dually. We lost site of the jeeps and followed along the trail till we came out onto the river again. *We came out of the woods ahead of the jeeps so we got out and inspected the tire. We talked for a little then headed out towards the river again.

*When we finally made it to the river one of the first things I hear the driver of the wrecker say was that this is going to be cake. When we go closer his tune changed and said that we werenít going to be able to get it out. *

A couple minutes have passed and it is decided that the jeeps can get closes enough to pull the dodge out. Curtis went to the first bar and had water come over the hood of his XJ. So he was going to wait till some one could walk in front of him to make sure the path in the water didnít have any drop offs that he would slip into. *By this time Dan and I had put on our waiters and started crossing the river over to Curtis and Jerry made his way over to use as well.

*We started the second crossing and the water got to the top of our waiters but was still no problem. We both ended stumbling on a few large unstable rocks during this crossing but still no problem. We make our way down the river hoping from sand bar to sand bar, reading the river for the shallowest crossings till we come upon my truck. *

We position the jeeps so they can pull me from the front out of the hole I dug for my self. At this time I throw my transfercase in to neutral and we start to winch. Iím moving about a half foot per pull and then they have to reposition them selves. Then Dan asks me if I put my trani neutral as well. Well I feel like a ******* no wonder the tires werenít moving. *After this it is easy to winch my truck farther. We jack up the truck using my ammo can box for a base to even out the load so it doesnít sink into the ground and change my tire that we knocked off the bead.

*We throw a strap around my front bumper so it doesnít fall off while we are towing across the rest of the river. *We hop to the next bar across from us and drive down it till we realize that this one is going to be hard to cross so we head up it again and cross if a different spot. We wade out into the river again to check the depth and determine it to be fine, we repeat this process till we are on the last bar from the bank of the river. *This one we have to watch out since there is a drop off were the river flows around the side of the bank. We walk out and fine the line that would be best but there was a small but steep incline in the riverbed. I hop in my truck and get ready to be towed across the final part of the river. *Curtis makes it over the incline fine but we encounter a slight problem pulling my truck over it and required a few jerks to pull me over it.

Finally Iím on the bank and relived that my truck is out of that ****ed river. Curtis pulls me over to where every one else is parked and I change clothes. It had been discussed if I was going to be charged the full 3k even though the towing people had done nothing except watch. *I go over to them and offer that I pay for their popped tire, their diesel and their time and not charge me 3k since they didnít do much except go out there and watch. They said no and I said what ever and walked away. *There was a lengthy discussion between Curtis and the guy and he said he would drop it to 2k (Thanks Curtis).

We wait for the happy hooker guy to leave then we head out back to the world. *Along the way, Curtis still towing me behind his XJ he starts to over heat and his radiator drain valve thing broke off some how. He did a trail repair using the piece still in the radiator, a screw and some silicon. It worked perfect and I unhooked from Curtis and hooked up to Jerry. Again on our way again we cross another smaller creek and enter the woods. All was mostly uneventful except when I couldnít turn fast enough (no power steering sucks!) and got my tire hung up on the side of a water hole and had to be pulled out backwards.

Were finally out to Jims creek and we have to deal with many drunk *** people running around on 4 wheelers. We see some kid whose truck looks like it was attacked by a tiger with about 20 people in the bed of his truck all screaming. Then some one peals off on 4 wheeler and comes up behind Curtis were he cant see him and cuts him off. *We are finally out to the road. Were I see my dad we stop and talk and I thank every one and there off to see were the Winigers went. My dad tows me to a store down the road and we leave my truck there till I can return with a flatbed and pick it up the next day.

I need to add some stuff in certain places to add to the story but I just wanted to get the basic story out. Ill have it edited and rewritten eventually

Later Josh,Hope the recovery on the jeep goes well.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

murdock's side of the story:

Quote:
All right, all right, Iíve got to put in my two cents here:

First just a little background. This all started out on Saturday June 28th. A few in-laws were in town and I thought it would be fun to take them out to knik and see how far back we could get to the glacier (we hadnít been there before). Once we got to metal creek it didnít look to bad and we headed across without problem. The group consisted of my TJ, a 1970 ĺ ton Ford, and a stock Nissan. The Nissan got stuck & the ford got stuck (see the other posts) but we got the Ford out and got back to town around 6am the next day.

All week I was stressed out knowing my friends truck was stuck out there and hoping no one vandalized it. I didnít want to go back out there, but I felt responsible for leading him out. No one vandalized the truck and a couple friends flew out and unstuck the Nissan (the silt mud had turned back into concrete) with some jacks, boards, and burlap sacks full of gravel. The clutch was shot so we knew we had to somehow tow/winch the truck back.

So Thursday,July 3 rolls around. Josh was kind enough to offer to help and it looked like we would have an F250 with 37s, my TJ, and Joshís Dodge Ram on 35Ē Boggers. It sounded like a few other people were going to show up (where were you badcop?) but no one had definitely said they would be there and no one showed up. My friend with the F250 was called out to fly for the day and wouldnít be back till 5pm that day.

So we leave the gas station, just the TJ and the Ram. Iím only going 60-65 since thatís the speed limit and the jeep isnít quite as stable with the sway bars disconnected (am I the only one that has a problem getting them connected again?). We get out to Knik and notice the river and Jim creek are higher than last time we were out. Itís not looking good but we head to metal creek to see how it is. Itís a beautiful day, everything is going smoothly and we cross metal creek without any problems. I should note that the creek had COMPLETELY changed since we had last crossed (6 days before). On Saturday the creek was a bunch of skinny deep sections, on Thursday, it consisted a few broad sections that werenít as deep. All in all it was looking good for us.

We arrived at the Nissan, winched it across the freaky silt/mud and noticed the tires werenít spinning. Took off the tires and chiseled out the mud that was packed into everything. Josh offered to tow the Nissan so I scouted the easiest path and he followed. We arrive at the edge of Metal Creek (for those who havenít seen it, it is a flood zone about 400 yards wide and consists of a braided creek running through this area). We make a few minor crossings and then hit the widest spot, about 150ft wide. I was trying to follow our tracks back as much as possible, but this is difficult because you have to cross at about a 45-degree angle downstream because the water is moving rapidly.

Thinking back, we drove ourselves into a trap. Crossing the creek towards the glacier was easy because we could drive at an angle downstream the whole way, but coming back we got to a spot where we had to travel up stream at an angle. The creek hadnít been that deep and I thought we could make it with the jeep. Plus, it looked like our only option. We headed up stream at an angle but soon the current became to strong and began to push the jeep until we were head slightly downstream. It still looked doable and the last thing you want to do is stop in that creek (instantly washes the ground out from under your tires and sticks you). I keep on it and we suddenly hit a deep spot, get through it and hit an underwater berm that pitches the jeep up at an angle and almost rolls us. I steer back into the creek to keep from rolling and hit a DEEP fast spot. Next thing I know the jeep shuts off and we are floating fast downstream! Someone in the Ram is yelling on the radio and the jeep spins 180 degrees so its facing up stream. Still floating, Iím trying to at least steer with the front tires but the creek has taken control. My friend whoís visiting from Kansas is in the passenger seat and my brother is in the back. Suddenly we hit an underwater berm and we stop, facing upstream. Water is pouring over the windshield and all I can see is dark gray water. Ice cold glacier runoff is streaming thought the heater vents, the door seals, and through the back over the tailgate(The soft top didnít have the rear window in). For a second we all sit there stunned, then I lay my seat down and we all crawl out to stand on the tailgate. As Iím crawling back I see my dry clothes bag float out of the jeep and race downstream. The river is ROARING. Someone grabs the radio thatís floating and tries to call the Dodge. Radio doesnít work. The jeep is shifting and feels like it will roll at any time. I tell them Iím kicking off my shoes and going to swim to shore (I was sure the jeep was going to roll and catch us all). My brother keeps a cool head and tells me to hold for a minute. The Dodge gets to the shore about 40ft from us and we try and yell to each other but canít hear anything over the deafening sound of the creek. Dale (my friend from Kansas) prays for us and Iím thinking that this is it. That water is freezing and its up around our calfs and we are standing on the tailgate. There is no way we can swim to the shore 40í away. The water is just moving too fast and we will probably last a minute swimming our bodies shut down.

We try throwing a rope to shore but no luck. Josh risks his rig and drives out closer to the jeep. The water is pushing is truck around and we still canít get a rope to them. The Dodge is starting to get sucked down by the water moving the rocks out from under his tires and he pulls out barely. It was a gutsy move and we appreciated his risk. Weíve been standing on the jeep for maybe 10 minutes, feels like eternity. Time to swim. I tell my bro to tell my wife I love her and I jump from the spare tire towards shore, expecting to swim like mad. I hit bottom! The water is thigh deep! I can barely stand its moving so fast but my brother tries to throw me a rope so we can hook a winch on it. Thereís too much drag, Iím pulled under and suddenly my legs barely work. I scramble up and stumble to shore, thankful to be alive! My brother jumps and tries to get the rope and same thing happens, sucked under and then gets scrambles to shore. Everybody gets to the beach and we are in a bit of a daze. What just happened?
post #7 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

more still by murdock:

Quote:
We ring out our clothes, pile in the truck, and head out. The Dodge gets stuck as you can read in Joshís post and now we are screwed again. We are about 20 miles back from any paved road and itís going to be a long time before someone comes to help. Josh was well prepared (luckily, since all my stuff got washed out of the jeep) and we try to winch out his truck. No luck. The creek has him. Iíve got to say that this guy is a hard worker! While we were digging a hole to bury his tire in (as an anchor to winch to) he was working with the high lift on his truck (in the freezing water), keeping his truck running by pulling off the air intake hose and running it higher, and working with the winch. I was impressed.

Well, we grab all the survival stuff out of the truck and hike out of the flood zone, crossing a few more sections of the creek. By the time we get to the other side, our feet are totally numb and Justin has lost a shoe and fell in once. We ring out the clothes, put a few dry clothes on and hike on. A few stay on the beach to gather firewood while we hike up to call friends. The cell phones luckily work up on the hill and I reach my wife. I married a good one and she organizes our rescue. My friend with the white F250 just landed and is headed out along with Jeremy in the Rubicon (yes, his dadís). The Rubicon was JUST out of the shop (they were having all the fluids changed). A big thanks goes to his dad for letting him come rescue us (again).

While we are waiting, we build a fire, dry out a little, and set up a makeshift shelter out of an old tarp we found. It rains a little but not too bad. Eat some hot links that Josh had brought and try and joke to forget that weíve just left $40k in vehicles in the middle of a creek. Among other things, the jeep lost a digital camera, digital video camera, gps, sunglasses, 2 goretex jackets, 2 cell phones, 2 backpacks, rain gear, hiking boots, ect. Most of the stuff just floated away.

Anyhow, my friends show up about 4 hours after we called and they brought lots of food and dry clothes. A big thanks goes to Marcus and Jeremy for coming out there as soon as they heard. We jump in the truck and jeep and take off, arriving home sometime early morning. What a nightmare. The Nissan is still on the wrong side of the creek, Joshes truck is messed up (luckily its back at his house), and my jeep is still in the creek.

But we are all ALIVE! Woo Hoo! * * *But not for long, now I have to tell the wife the jeep is gone.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Rock God

Garage

DAMN!!! And I've got to bribe my friends just to help me move something!
I need new friends.
post #9 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Granite Guru

Thanks for posting the backstory, I was always curious as to what led up to that vid and the aftermath.
post #10 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 07:11 PM
JKO Addict!

I use to live out there...And go to Knik all the time... The problem with going out there is. That you never know how deep the little creeks are that flow into Knik River... This is small beans compared to what you see when your out there..

All the high schoolers would go out there and rip it up with trucks, atv's, bikes, snowmobiles...

Brings back lots of memories... good fishin in that river....dispite how dirty it looks...I've been hunting all over the other side of that river...Frigin great country...

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 11 Old 11-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Rock God

That is a phenominal story...wow! Glad everyone was ok in the end. Lots of lessons for us to learn by...supplies to keep, waterproofing the supplies, strapping down/securing gear in the Jeep, maybe a kayak on the roof, life raft?!?!. I know it was years ago but what ever happened to the Jeep and Nissan? Assuming they were unrecoverable? Thanks for posting it.

edit: after watching the video again...other lessons to learn from - dont venture into any moving water, and stay out of water of unknown depth without snorkel, extended breathers for the t-case, tranny and axles and a "plan-B".

Tom

2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
ORH soft top, Procomp 7069's,Poly Performance leveling spacers
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, PSC Evap Skid, CB, Hi-Lift

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TG426; 11-04-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode