Rugged Ridge XHD Rear Bumpers are shipping! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 10-21-2008, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Rugged Ridge XHD Rear Bumpers are shipping!

Guys - I know a lot of you have been INCREDIBLY patiently waiting for your Rugged Ridge XHD Rear Bumper. We ended up going through a couple of design iterations before we had something we were happy with, but that is all behind us. The first XHD Rears should be shipping out tomorrow.

Thanks again for your patience, and I'd love to see some install pics when you get it in your hands!

Later,
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 10-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Granite Guru

My XHD front bumper indeed has a lot of patience waiting for his "mate".. Only then and only then will he be a "happy" front bumper...

Thanks for the "heads up" and now waiting for the details from Quadratec..

USAntigoon
post #3 of 24 Old 10-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Rock God

Alright! Dave where you been man? Have not seen you around in awhile.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 10-22-2008, 03:18 AM

so are you a rep for hte RR company?

i have a fist to shake at you guys about the rock rails. im not very happy with em
post #5 of 24 Old 10-22-2008, 05:01 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonofdoom View Post

i have a fist to shake at you guys about the rock rails. im not very happy with em
whats wrong with them? Maybe I can help. I had them on my 2 door.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 LJ - current
post #6 of 24 Old 10-22-2008, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjerm View Post
Alright! Dave where you been man? Have not seen you around in awhile.
Been real busy. It's SEMA time at work, so that's kept me busy during the days, and the racecar has been occupying my nights and weekends. Got the turbo Civic running. It's fast...

Last edited by DILYSI Dave; 10-22-2008 at 06:45 AM.
post #7 of 24 Old 10-22-2008, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonofdoom View Post

PM sent.
post #8 of 24 Old 10-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILYSI Dave View Post
Been real busy. It's SEMA time at work, so that's kept me busy during the days, and the racecar has been occupying my nights and weekends. Got the turbo Civic running. It's fast...
Awesome. Need some pictures of it man. Need to get back on GATR, some things have changed. Now I just got to start saving for front and rear bumpers

2006 LJ - current
post #9 of 24 Old 10-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Rock God

I have the XHD rear bumper, I love mine... got mine slightly used... Now I'm waiting to get enough money together so I can buy the front..

07 JK Unlimited X- mildly modified

post #10 of 24 Old 10-23-2008, 04:45 AM

They just started to ship yesterday. If you got it before that you do not have a Rugged Ridge Rear XHD.
post #11 of 24 Old 10-23-2008, 05:09 AM
Ipe
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILYSI Dave View Post
Guys - I know a lot of you have been INCREDIBLY patiently waiting for your Rugged Ridge XHD Rear Bumper. We ended up going through a couple of design iterations before we had something we were happy with, but that is all behind us. The first XHD Rears should be shipping out tomorrow.

Thanks again for your patience, and I'd love to see some install pics when you get it in your hands!

Later,
Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy View Post
They just started to ship yesterday. If you got it before that you do not have a Rugged Ridge Rear XHD.
Do you have any pictures of this new, updated version? How does it differ from anything that came prior? Can you elaborate on any tire carrier it might have. Can it handle 37's or above?

Thanks!

p.s. - you guys are planning on getting some yellow stars, right?
post #12 of 24 Old 10-23-2008, 06:26 AM
Rock God

x2 on any picture updates!

I think the yellow star is a little different here. He is not a vendor. You cant go to Rugged Ridge (Omix) and buy parts like a vendor, trust me, I have tried. All he is doing is saying the bumpers should be shipping from all the vendors who should have yellow stars.

2006 LJ - current
post #13 of 24 Old 10-23-2008, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipe View Post
Do you have any pictures of this new, updated version? How does it differ from anything that came prior? Can you elaborate on any tire carrier it might have. Can it handle 37's or above?

Thanks!

p.s. - you guys are planning on getting some yellow stars, right?
The bumper looks identical to all of the published photos. The primary difference was some reinforcing of the sub-structure to better handle the tire carrier.

The tire carrier is a bit different from what was shown at SEMA last year. It uses tapered roller bearings in the hinge, an industrial latch to close it, and it now has provisions for re-using the OE third brake light. And yes - it can handle 37's. We spent a lot of time making sure that this thing is silent. We test for noise on a badly washboarded dirt road not far from the office and once it was adjusted properly, it was eerily quiet. Now - just so you know the tire carrier isn't shipping yet. It should follow really soon - but I don't want anyone to be caught off guard. That said, due to the modular nature of the system, adding the tire carrier after the fact is a simple affair.

On the yellow star thing, feel free to PM me the pitch. I'm in engineering, and therefore have no control over marketing expenditures, but I can run it up the flagpole. That said - Jeremy is right - we don't sell direct, but encourage you to go through any of the fine vendors who do sponsor the site.
post #14 of 24 Old 10-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Ipe
Rock God

Quote:
I think the yellow star is a little different here. He is not a vendor. You cant go to Rugged Ridge (Omix) and buy parts like a vendor, trust me, I have tried. All he is doing is saying the bumpers should be shipping from all the vendors who should have yellow stars.
Hmmmm.... maybe a Yellow Star is unnecessary. I donno. Nice to hear from you guys though.

So, is this what the current bumper looks like?

Not bad looking. I wish it were a "stubby" version so that if I ever decided to run tube fenders it wouldn't look funny. Oh well. Do you have any pictures of the updated tire carrier. I'd love to see details. Can it mount a HiLift? How about a CB antenna?

Thanks
post #15 of 24 Old 10-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to 08RubiUnlimited

Dave,

Any idea of how fast these are shipping? I just got off the phone with 4WD Hardware, who holds my backorder, and they said they're getting in 1 this week, which seems very low for a large supplier, followed by 30 in mid-November. Since I'm number 4 on the list, I'm SOL till then. I'm trying to be patient on this, but it's starting to get pretty old...
post #16 of 24 Old 10-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Rock God

Man, sounds like you should have ordered from Quadratec. Word on the wire is they are getting a nice shipment in

2006 LJ - current
post #17 of 24 Old 10-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Rock God

I just received my RR XHD rear bumper from 4wheelerssupply.com. Placed my order back in June. The price plus free shipping was worth the wait. The tire carrier ships separate and is about 2 weeks behind the bumper. I'll show some pictures when I install it.

'07 Rubicon
post #18 of 24 Old 10-28-2008, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08RubiUnlimited View Post
Dave,

Any idea of how fast these are shipping? I just got off the phone with 4WD Hardware, who holds my backorder, and they said they're getting in 1 this week, which seems very low for a large supplier, followed by 30 in mid-November. Since I'm number 4 on the list, I'm SOL till then. I'm trying to be patient on this, but it's starting to get pretty old...
They are shipped out in the order that they were ordered from us. Since I'm not on the sales side of the business I don't know any specifics about your bumper or 4WD orders. I do know we received enough from the factory to satisfy all back orders in our system, and that hundreds have gone out in the last week.
post #19 of 24 Old 10-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Granite Guru

Got mine today and installed it..

USAntigoon
post #20 of 24 Old 10-31-2008, 07:03 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Man, sounds like you should have ordered from Quadratec. Word on the wire is they are getting a nice shipment in
Took your advice and it should arrive today Cancelled my 4WD back order, so someone else moved up the list.
post #21 of 24 Old 10-31-2008, 07:17 AM
JKO Addict!

wish it had lights in the rear bumper
post #22 of 24 Old 10-31-2008, 07:17 PM
Granite Guru

Got mine on today, very happy with it:

post #23 of 24 Old 10-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08RubiUnlimited View Post
Got mine on today, very happy with it:

p.s don't forget to tighten that one loose bolt on the nut plate... ....

Enjoy.. I like the set up very much.. I still need to remove the towhook and install a hitch receiver..

USAntigoon
post #24 of 24 Old 11-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Granite Guru

Got the other bolt tightened up just fine Loving the bumper so far, it completes the look of the Jeep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode