Rock Krawler LA Lift owners - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-28-2010, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Rock Krawler LA Lift owners

To all of you who run a Rock Krawler Long Arm lift on their rigs, I got a few accessory questions. With the 3 link cradle mounted to the rear axle, I know the exhaust/muffler system needs to be relocated. What type of setup have you all used? I don't have the means for the lift yet, but I would like to get some odds and ends ready, plus, I can't stand the location of the stock muffler. Also, I have the Woods Evap relocate kit that sets it under the tub, and I may have heard that I will need to move that too. Thanks for your input fellas

Just when they think they have all the answers, I go and change the question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I don't remember having to mod the rear of the exhaust but I could be wrong. You will have to get it changed up to clear the upper arm in the front. But right after getting the suspension put on we took it to a muffler shop and they took care of the exhaust mod. No prob. I don't have the woods evap relocation kit, I have the Kilby but yeah we had to move it a bit. But no big deal, lots of room under there.

Nice brand choice. You'll really love it when its installed and the flex will blow your mind.
They have great customer service and I'm sure that they will chime in to answer any questions that you come up with. You can check out install pics of the kit by clicking on the link below.

If you need detail shots of anything specific, just let me know and I'll shoot it up for you and post

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TEXASKEV; 10-29-2010 at 01:44 PM.
post #3 of 11 Old 10-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

You can run the lift with the stock muffler. You have to be careful when you relocate the rear sway bar so that it doesnt touch the muffler. I still have the stock muffler, but i want to get a smaller one that i will run in the same location.

Ideally, the exhaust mod for the front should be done after the lift is installed if you are going to do it like the instructions tells you. I did it the way the instructions said, but i got the mod done before i installed the lift. After the install, it was back to the exhaust shop to do it again. If i knew then what i know now, i would have removed the second resonators / cats all together. Thats what i ended up doing ultimately. Actually i have the drivers side second res removed, and im getting the passenger side one removed next week.).

As for the evap, im not sure about the relocation, but i have a skid that i made, and it doesnt interfere with the lift at all.

corey d
2008 JEEP...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 11-01-2010, 07:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMyk View Post
To all of you who run a Rock Krawler Long Arm lift on their rigs, I got a few accessory questions. With the 3 link cradle mounted to the rear axle, I know the exhaust/muffler system needs to be relocated. What type of setup have you all used? I don't have the means for the lift yet, but I would like to get some odds and ends ready, plus, I can't stand the location of the stock muffler. Also, I have the Woods Evap relocate kit that sets it under the tub, and I may have heard that I will need to move that too. Thanks for your input fellas
So I just got my RK Pro LA installed, mods that need to be done my Kilby had to be modified a bit to accept the amount of travel you can still use the location but be ready for your evap relo kit to be dented up by the truss, with the front three link the last cats had to be removed and had to custom bend the front exhaust piping.

Other than that no problems and works great!

post #5 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Granite Guru

MBRP Off Road system will fit this lift without any issue as well...In the even that you decide to do the exhaust at the same time.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Steve

Scott
Phone 1-888-636-7223
Web

NEW FACEBOOK GROUP: MBRP Performance Exhaust
post #6 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 09:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1 View Post
MBRP Off Road system will fit this lift without any issue as well...In the even that you decide to do the exhaust at the same time.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Steve
I am running the mbrp off road exhaust and still required the modifications with the cats

post #7 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE View Post
You can run the lift with the stock muffler. You have to be careful when you relocate the rear sway bar so that it doesnt touch the muffler. I still have the stock muffler, but i want to get a smaller one that i will run in the same location.

Ideally, the exhaust mod for the front should be done after the lift is installed if you are going to do it like the instructions tells you. I did it the way the instructions said, but i got the mod done before i installed the lift. After the install, it was back to the exhaust shop to do it again. If i knew then what i know now, i would have removed the second resonators / cats all together. Thats what i ended up doing ultimately. Actually i have the drivers side second res removed, and im getting the passenger side one removed next week.).

As for the evap, im not sure about the relocation, but i have a skid that i made, and it doesnt interfere with the lift at all.
X2 on the waiting to get the exhaust mod done til after the lift is finished. Sucks having to pay to get it done twice. Also if you plan on doing the lift yourself make sure to allow yourself a full weekend for the install. A long weekend would be even better. It took myself, a buddy who works for an offroad shop who does a couple lifts ever week and another buddy a full 14 hour day and around a 10 hour second day.

07 black unlimited. 5.5" rock krawler x factor long arm. Pro comp soft 8s, 37" nitto mud grapplers. Kilby front winch bumper. Warn xd9000i. OrFab rear bumper. Much more to come in the near future.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Cutting the stock mounts off sucks the most.

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #9 of 11 Old 11-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Granite Guru

I have the MBRP exhaust also and still had to have exhaust modifications done.
post #10 of 11 Old 11-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

my exhaust has been moved 3 times now. well the 3rd time is a new exhaust headers and all for the Hemi upgrade.

we had a glasspack installed on the 2nd build. same area as the evap but not too close to cause a problem. we had to move the muffler since we installed an air tank where the stock muffler was located.

Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:

Magazine Feature:

post #11 of 11 Old 11-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Rock God

i have the rock krawler 5.5 long arm.. i removed the 2nd cats/resonators and am running the mbrp relocated exhaust.. didn't have to relocate the evap... everything fit nicely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode