2010 Lifetime Maxcare and Duratrac 315/70/17 Questions. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-28-2010, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 42
Posts: 144
Feedback: 0 reviews
2010 Lifetime Maxcare and Duratrac 315/70/17 Questions.

Situation:

I have a 2010 2 door 6-speed Rubicon that I would like to run the Duratrac 315/70/17 on without rubbing to much and keep the Lifetime Maxcare (Bumper to bumper).

Ideas:

I know suspension lifts will make warranty work a pain with most dealers even if its the Mopar lift. So question is will the RC 1.25 body lift (doesn't change any suspension), Spidertrax wheel spacers or new rims and flat fenders be it PSC, Bushwacker, Xenon or Nemesis be able to run those tires without rubbing to much. Anyone in a similar situation that is able to run those tires on stock suspension?

So far my idea is after reading alot:

1) Rough Country Body lift of 1.25" for manual transmission (no boot cutting).
2) Flat fenders (Bushwacker uses factory mounts).
3) Extended bump stops.
4) Cut stock rubicon rock rails by 2" or so.
5) Wheel spacers or new wheels (4.5" or less backspacing)
6) Pound on the rear wheel well pinch seams.

Any other suggestions without voiding the lifetime warranty.

Thanks
Mallow
Mallow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 10-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Rock God
 
pluke the 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Someplace in Africa
Age: 31
Posts: 1,730
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallow View Post
Situation:

I have a 2010 2 door 6-speed Rubicon that I would like to run the Duratrac 315/70/17 on without rubbing to much and keep the Lifetime Maxcare (Bumper to bumper).

Ideas:

I know suspension lifts will make warranty work a pain with most dealers even if its the Mopar lift. So question is will the RC 1.25 body lift (doesn't change any suspension), Spidertrax wheel spacers or new rims and flat fenders be it PSC, Bushwacker, Xenon or Nemesis be able to run those tires without rubbing to much. Anyone in a similar situation that is able to run those tires on stock suspension?

So far my idea is after reading alot:

1) Rough Country Body lift of 1.25" for manual transmission (no boot cutting).
2) Flat fenders (Bushwacker uses factory mounts).
3) Extended bump stops.
4) Cut stock rubicon rock rails by 2" or so.
5) Wheel spacers or new wheels (4.5" or less backspacing)
6) Pound on the rear wheel well pinch seams.

Any other suggestions without voiding the lifetime warranty.

Thanks
Mallow
I think you'll be good running the 315's with your planned mods. Around town you'll be better off then out flexing where you will encounter some rubbing.

Anything goes with dealers, if they can point the finger at your tires they will and there goes your warranty. I would check with the dealership in question that may or may not void your warranty to be sure.

No one on here is going to tell you what will void your warranty, it's all about the dealer.
pluke the 2 is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 10-28-2010, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 42
Posts: 144
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluke the 2 View Post
I think you'll be good running the 315's with your planned mods. Around town you'll be better off then out flexing where you will encounter some rubbing.

Anything goes with dealers, if they can point the finger at your tires they will and there goes your warranty. I would check with the dealership in question that may or may not void your warranty to be sure.

No one on here is going to tell you what will void your warranty, it's all about the dealer.
Yeah I talked to several around and all basically said the same thing. 35" and less will not affect the warranty. But anything that changes the suspension will. I can't seem to find a lift friendly Jeep dealer within 1hr drive it seems.
Mallow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 Old 10-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Rock God
 
pluke the 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Someplace in Africa
Age: 31
Posts: 1,730
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallow View Post
Yeah I talked to several around and all basically said the same thing. 35" and less will not affect the warranty. But anything that changes the suspension will. I can't seem to find a lift friendly Jeep dealer within 1hr drive it seems.
Yeah, to be honest, it's almost better to do the lifting after your main warranty is expired.

I bought a bone stock two door brand new, threw some tires on it, took it to the dealer for a "Recall" and they blamed my tires as the main cause for my brake lines leaking.
pluke the 2 is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 10-28-2010, 02:43 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Goodysgotacuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 13,230
Feedback: 1 reviews

Maxcare is not run through Jeep. Maxcare will approve or deny claims. If they are expensive enough, or multiple repairs you can expect a inspector to look over the vehicle. Your modifications (tire size and wheel spacers primarily) may be caught there and the claims declined if relevant (driveline, wheel bearings, suspension, etc)..

-BMW tech that has dealt with this and other various aftermarket warranties

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Goodysgotacuda; 10-28-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Goodysgotacuda is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 10-28-2010, 03:15 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend
 
RiverCityOffroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 8,649
Garage
Feedback: 60 reviews

Cancel the warranty and use the refund for mods?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RiverCityOffroad is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 10-28-2010, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 42
Posts: 144
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Cancel the warranty and use the refund for mods?
Would like to keep the warranty thanks though Just wanted to work with/around it for the time being.
Mallow is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 10-28-2010, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 42
Posts: 144
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluke the 2 View Post
Yeah, to be honest, it's almost better to do the lifting after your main warranty is expired.

I bought a bone stock two door brand new, threw some tires on it, took it to the dealer for a "Recall" and they blamed my tires as the main cause for my brake lines leaking.
The warranty is the unlimited miles/years lifetime maxcare. I bought it since this will be my winter vehicle forever. The jeep has some issues getting me to and from my house last winter so working mainly on fixing that. When/if I want to seriously mod a Jeep i'll buy a bone stock used/salvaged X and start from the ground up.
Mallow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome