Damn A$$ Clowns in Parking lots! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Damn A$$ Clowns in Parking lots!

Well it finally happened, Some idiot hit the corner of my bumper and left. I dont mind that the bumper got damaged due to I expected that to happen on a tree or rock. What pisses me off is how people damage vehicles in parking lots and leave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Openly Hostile

front or rear?

Jason
post #3 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
front or rear?
Front, which at least I was looking to get a new one anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1JPSTER View Post
Front, which at least I was looking to get a new one anyway.
The least they could have done was leave a damn not, I hate stupid people.

I have a front one off a rubi sitting on my back patio. If you want to pay for shipping you can have it. I took the tow hooks and lights out of it, but it's in great shape.

Jason
post #5 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 04:42 PM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
What pisses me off is how people damage vehicles in parking lots and leave.
X2 It seems too many people these days no longer have any ethics. Shopping carts are the ones that really bug me, people just push them up against other vehicles, rather than walk their fat ass 20 yds to put it where it belongs.
post #6 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
X2 It seems too many people these days no longer have any ethics. Shopping carts are the ones that really bug me, people just push them up against other vehicles, rather than walk their fat ass 20 yds to put it where it belongs.
That is so true. Not that I thought about it ahead of time, but my Shrockworks sliders are great at deflecting cart impacts. Ther're even at a perfect height for door ding prevention as well. They're working double duty, rock/mall crawling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Granite Guru

Sorry, for the bad luck, but look on the bright side. Good chance to get rid of that goofy stock front bumper. I am building me a new one right now. I also have one to get rid of. Anybody that wants it, can have it.

2008 X:Pro Comp 4" lift, 35" Nitto Grapplers, Custom Front Bumper, Custom Sliders...more to come.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Well it finally happened, Some idiot hit the corner of my bumper and left.
But when somebody asks...you tell them that you did it when you were off-roading on some really hardcore trails.
post #9 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 06:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
rather than walk their fat ass 20 yds to put it where it belongs.
LOL, In Houston they steal the damn things.
post #10 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Rock God

With the lift and AtoZ sliders I actually had someone swing their door wide open and right into the slider. They actually filed a complaint on a lifted jeep being to high and it damaged their door. The security office called me down...

They thought I could use a good laugh in front of the *****y lady. Oh I laughed and told her her good luck with that 1000 dollar door. I hoped it buffed out nice.
post #11 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 07:18 PM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
LOL, In Houston they steal the damn things.
post #12 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 07:21 PM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE Wrangling View Post
With the lift and AtoZ sliders I actually had someone swing their door wide open and right into the slider. They actually filed a complaint on a lifted jeep being to high and it damaged their door. The security office called me down...
On a previous vehicle I watched someone do the exact same thing, they then lost it a little and decided to slam their door really hard in to my sliders and did some serious damage to their door. I'm not sure if they just had a short fuse or were trying to teach my sliders a lesson
post #13 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Rock God

Quote:
On a previous vehicle I watched someone do the exact same thing, they then lost it a little and decided to slam their door really hard in to my sliders and did some serious damage to their door. I'm not sure if they just had a short fuse or were trying to teach my sliders a lesson
I went right outside to check it out. I swear the lady must of had a nutty also because the dent was big enough for her to have trouble closing the door. morons

As for the OP I just hate these kind of people. In work parking lots it happens more than you think. No one wants to admit to a co-worker they are so stupid to back into you.
post #14 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
But when somebody asks...you tell them that you did it when you were off-roading on some really hardcore trails.
Believe me that was my first thought. I just wish i could have caught them and then they would be paying for my new bumper instead of me.
post #15 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Believe me that was my first thought. I just wish i could have caught them and then they would be paying for my new bumper instead of me.
Yea, I know- and I completely feel your frustration too. Like everyone is saying- this is just the mentality that a lot of folks have these days. Well at least your a member of a forum where you can score like 20 of 'em for free.
post #16 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Yea, I know- and I completely feel your frustration too. Like everyone is saying- this is just the mentality that a lot of folks have these days. Well at least your a member of a forum where you can score like 20 of 'em for free.
No kidding... I wish someone would take mine!

Jason
post #17 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Banned

Some people do the right thing...

I was backing out of a tight parking lot once when I was doing volunteer work at a shelter...

Anyways, I could have easily done an 8 point turn and got out on my own but some "helpful" guy starts waving me back and directing me. Me, being a dumba$$, followed his directions. I woah'd when he wanted me to woah and kept going when he wanted me to keep going - right into a car door.

I put a nice dent in that door. The guy who waved me into it sort of shrugged his shoulders and had a "Yeah Im dumb" look on his face and scuttled off. I got out, looked at the damage, and then went back to my car to write a note.

I left a message saying what had happened, my contact info, insurance info and said "I had to go." I was in college at the time and had class in 30 minutes half way across tampa. In the end, the guy got his car fixed and I knew I did the right thing.

Moral of my story: dont lose faith man. There are good people out there. You just dont hear about them cuz it's not typically an interesting story.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #18 of 29 Old 10-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Granite Guru

I was just reading some of this to my wife and we were getting a good laugh out of these 'car door vs. slider' stories.

Then she said, "It sucks, you don't care where you park, because people just hit your sliders. And I'm the one who gets the door dings." She always parks away from everyone to try and stay away from these people. I guess she just needs to let me lift her Tahoe!
post #19 of 29 Old 10-21-2008, 05:16 AM
Wheeler

So, people were actually using the parking spaces to park in? Around here, they just use the fire lane...
post #20 of 29 Old 10-23-2008, 12:30 PM
14ers

Quote:
...I have a front one off a rubi sitting on my back patio. If you want to pay for shipping you can have it. I took the tow hooks and lights out of it, but it's in great shape.
Hey SDMF - Do you still want to get rid of your front OEM bumper? The way $$ is these days, looks like I might just take a free replacement instead of putting the one I really want on.... let me know

2008 Rescue Green UJK Rubicon 6 spd with a bunch of super cheap mods!
post #21 of 29 Old 10-24-2008, 06:02 AM
Wheeler

Back in my the faster the better days I parked my Trans am in a lot and when I came out of a store there was a truck resting on my front end. I waited for almost an hour and he never showed. I left him a note explaining that I didnt have the bra on to use as a rest. It was to keep the bugs off not A$$es. It didnt have a mark on it when I pulled it off, so I didnt use his plate number.

I want the door vs slider to happen to me- is there a list I can sign up on?
post #22 of 29 Old 10-24-2008, 06:15 AM
Granite Guru

Talking

LOL

I had that happen to my Shrocks...a lady opened her car door really hard next to me, and her window glass smashed and the door dented so bad it couldn't close again.

She too tried to blame my sliders for breaking her door...she lost.

- TEEJ

2008 JK 4 Dr X. 5 Speed, LSD, JKS QD, 3.73 Diffs. Husky Liners and Daystar Hood Wranglers. Pine Stripes.
post #23 of 29 Old 10-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEJ View Post
I had that happen to my Shrocks...a lady opened her car door really hard next to me, and her window glass smashed and the door dented so bad it couldn't close again.
post #24 of 29 Old 10-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadontheroad View Post
Hey SDMF - Do you still want to get rid of your front OEM bumper? The way $$ is these days, looks like I might just take a free replacement instead of putting the one I really want on.... let me know
Just let me know if you want it, I'll rip some boxes apart and throw something together to ship it in...then you can just paypal me whatever the shipping ends up being.

Jason
post #25 of 29 Old 11-02-2008, 09:34 AM
14ers

Quote:
Just let me know if you want it, I'll rip some boxes apart and throw something together to ship it in...then you can just paypal me whatever the shipping ends up being.
Sounds good. PM me for details?

2008 Rescue Green UJK Rubicon 6 spd with a bunch of super cheap mods!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode