JKOwners Forum banner

Corner Recommendations

7K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  8LugWanderer 
#1 ·
Looking for full rear corner recommendations with recessed tail lights. Hoping to cover body damage from backing into a tree and move to a recessed tail light. Leaning towards aluminum, TNT’s option looks solid. Nemesis? GenRight (only steel)?

Thoughts?
Finish recommendations?
Folks you wouldn’t deal with again?

#2 ·
Well since you asked …

TNT is the only option. Fit and finish is superb. Very high quality parts that are made by real people in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Bob and Mary are great folks and stand behind what they sell. They also offer full install options in Cheyenne and can customize your jeep to any level you wish. Drop in for a visit. You won't be disappointed.

I got the Nemesis flares on my junk. Great design but fitment and finish quality were poor. I had TNT alter them to meet my standards. I will not deal with them again.

I had so many problems with GenRight's overpriced shit and piss-poor customer service on my various TJ's that I didn't even consider them for my JK parts.

As far as finish for the aluminum …

When Signature Customs street-rod shop (also in Cheyenne, Wyoming) painted my junk, they used some kinda acid prep and then some sorta special primer on the aluminum so they could color match it to what was left of my steel body.

Turned out nice.

Attachments

#3 ·
Appreciate the feedback and insight! Your build is likely far beyond what this one will see in the near future....that being said, I'm a believer in buy it once and be done.

I'm leaning heavily towards TnT. Wish a visit to Cheyenne was in the cards; just a touch beyond "drop in" for me. I do like how far up the GenRight corner sits, not sure I like it almost TWICE as much though.

#5 ·
AEV has the best fitting corner guards out there. Made for regular lights though you could fill in the hole and make whatever you want. You use to be able to buy them in a bare metal builders version, don't know if you still can though.

#11 ·
No it was Poison Spider that used the AEV corners and extended them. Genright has always had their own. Remember with Genright you are paying all the taxes and Fees that california has plus you are financing their racing efforts.

#13 ·
Poison Spyder doesn’t look like a bad option either. How’s their powder coat hold up? I do think I prefer the single, all in one tail light though.

#17 ·
Like stated before the poison spider is the AEV with the over the fender piece added to it and the holes cut out. Not a fan of powder coating items that are going to get rubbed as it will scratch thru and makes it hard to touch up without removing and having the powder coat redone.
Thedirtman is correct.

I HAD the AEV little corner armor on mine and then bought the PSC full corners. The bit that wraps around to the tail lights is bent up exactly the same. It must be a stamped piece, because the "bends" are much more radiused than a brake will leave. Even the nutcert locations are exactly the same. I reused the existing nutcerts.

Not sure where in Louisiana you are, but if it's near New Iberia you're more than welcome to swing by and check out how they fit.

#14 ·
Like stated before the poison spider is the AEV with the over the fender piece added to it and the holes cut out. Not a fan of powder coating items that are going to get rubbed as it will scratch thru and makes it hard to touch up without removing and having the powder coat redone.

#16 ·
Those are what I chose, but pretty much only because I got a good deal on the LED tail lights that have the brake and separate reverse light. Aside from the dumb logo, they look like they will be fine for sitting unused in my driveway for months on end.

#20 · (Edited)

I'll betcha, as you reminded , Genright used to buy & weld onto the AEVs to produce thier full corners , and maybe once Poison Spider went Transmerican they had to find other means of fabrication...maybe outsourced elsewhere or do it themselves now...

or i might not know wtf I'm talking about at all :cwm13:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.