Corner Recommendations - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By j3ff3ry_j33p

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 01-06-2020, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Corner Recommendations

Looking for full rear corner recommendations with recessed tail lights. Hoping to cover body damage from backing into a tree and move to a recessed tail light. Leaning towards aluminum, TNT’s option looks solid. Nemesis? GenRight (only steel)?

Thoughts?
Finish recommendations?
Folks you wouldn’t deal with again?

2014 JKUR, manual, Metalcloak 3.5" lift, 35" MTR's on stock wheels, SPod, Baja Designs, VKS Pre-Runner rock sliders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 01-07-2020, 06:30 AM
Rock God

Well since you asked …

TNT is the only option. Fit and finish is superb. Very high quality parts that are made by real people in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Bob and Mary are great folks and stand behind what they sell. They also offer full install options in Cheyenne and can customize your jeep to any level you wish. Drop in for a visit. You won't be disappointed.

I got the Nemesis flares on my junk. Great design but fitment and finish quality were poor. I had TNT alter them to meet my standards. I will not deal with them again.

I had so many problems with GenRight's overpriced shit and piss-poor customer service on my various TJ's that I didn't even consider them for my JK parts.

As far as finish for the aluminum …

When Signature Customs street-rod shop (also in Cheyenne, Wyoming) painted my junk, they used some kinda acid prep and then some sorta special primer on the aluminum so they could color match it to what was left of my steel body.

Turned out nice.
Attached Images

My Trailer Queen don't ride on one ... it pulls one.
post #3 of 20 Old 01-07-2020, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Appreciate the feedback and insight! Your build is likely far beyond what this one will see in the near future....that being said, I'm a believer in buy it once and be done.

I'm leaning heavily towards TnT. Wish a visit to Cheyenne was in the cards; just a touch beyond "drop in" for me. I do like how far up the GenRight corner sits, not sure I like it almost TWICE as much though.

2014 JKUR, manual, Metalcloak 3.5" lift, 35" MTR's on stock wheels, SPod, Baja Designs, VKS Pre-Runner rock sliders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 01-07-2020, 03:28 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebltrubi View Post
Appreciate the feedback and insight! Your build is likely far beyond what this one will see in the near future....that being said, I'm a believer in buy it once and be done.

I'm leaning heavily towards TnT. Wish a visit to Cheyenne was in the cards; just a touch beyond "drop in" for me. I do like how far up the GenRight corner sits, not sure I like it almost TWICE as much though.
Savy Corners or TnT , I've installed them both . They are the two that I'd recommend , GenRight fitment sucked , and Nemisis is just crap in comparison.

Just my experience , FWIW .
post #5 of 20 Old 01-07-2020, 05:21 PM
JKO Addict!

AEV has the best fitting corner guards out there. Made for regular lights though you could fill in the hole and make whatever you want. You use to be able to buy them in a bare metal builders version, don't know if you still can though.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 20 Old 01-07-2020, 05:21 PM
JKO Addict!

https://www.rubitrux.com/jk-builders...ds-2-door.html
Found this.

Some build info here:

post #7 of 20 Old 01-07-2020, 06:29 PM
JKO Addict!

post #8 of 20 Old 01-07-2020, 07:17 PM
you can go piss up a rope

Quote:
Originally Posted by White13JKUR View Post
Lol $1400
Must be hand crafted from narwhal foreskin by Norwegian elves

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
y’aller quenchin' with beer
post #9 of 20 Old 01-08-2020, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I couldn't be more pleased by the weight, fit nor the function of my Nemesis Ind full corners.

post #10 of 20 Old 01-08-2020, 02:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post
Lol $1400
Must be hand crafted from narwhal foreskin by Norwegian elves
I think that GR start with AEV builder corners (no cutouts or powder coatiing) and extend them. At least they used to. Might be different now. For a while, AEV was the only company that was stamping a perfectly matched corner.
post #11 of 20 Old 01-08-2020, 02:57 PM
JKO Addict!

No it was Poison Spider that used the AEV corners and extended them. Genright has always had their own. Remember with Genright you are paying all the taxes and Fees that california has plus you are financing their racing efforts.

Some build info here:

post #12 of 20 Old 01-09-2020, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
No it was Poison Spider that used the AEV corners and extended them. Genright has always had their own. Remember with Genright you are paying all the taxes and Fees that california has plus you are financing their racing efforts.
that's why they 'Clearance' used FK heims or partially used oil filters for a whopping nearly 5% off new prices. lol

(admittedly , following the Pellegrino son , JP, on his annual KoH campaigns is a blast. The kid can drive.)
ChuckTheRipper likes this.

post #13 of 20 Old 01-09-2020, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Poison Spyder doesn’t look like a bad option either. How’s their powder coat hold up? I do think I prefer the single, all in one tail light though.

post #14 of 20 Old 01-09-2020, 08:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Like stated before the poison spider is the AEV with the over the fender piece added to it and the holes cut out. Not a fan of powder coating items that are going to get rubbed as it will scratch thru and makes it hard to touch up without removing and having the powder coat redone.

Some build info here:

post #15 of 20 Old 01-09-2020, 04:49 PM
Rock God

I have the Poison Spyder and am happy with them. They worked the best for me, because I was covering a dent on top of the tub, and their flare was the only ine that wrapped that top edge. Not aluminum, but also not stupid heavy.
post #16 of 20 Old 01-09-2020, 04:53 PM
you can go piss up a rope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Scooter View Post
I have the Poison Spyder and am happy with them. They worked the best for me, because I was covering a dent on top of the tub, and their flare was the only ine that wrapped that top edge. Not aluminum, but also not stupid heavy.
Those are what I chose, but pretty much only because I got a good deal on the LED tail lights that have the brake and separate reverse light. Aside from the dumb logo, they look like they will be fine for sitting unused in my driveway for months on end.

Quote:
y’aller quenchin' with beer
post #17 of 20 Old 01-10-2020, 09:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebltrubi View Post
Poison Spyder doesn’t look like a bad option either. How’s their powder coat hold up? I do think I prefer the single, all in one tail light though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Like stated before the poison spider is the AEV with the over the fender piece added to it and the holes cut out. Not a fan of powder coating items that are going to get rubbed as it will scratch thru and makes it hard to touch up without removing and having the powder coat redone.
Thedirtman is correct.

I HAD the AEV little corner armor on mine and then bought the PSC full corners. The bit that wraps around to the tail lights is bent up exactly the same. It must be a stamped piece, because the "bends" are much more radiused than a brake will leave. Even the nutcert locations are exactly the same. I reused the existing nutcerts.

Not sure where in Louisiana you are, but if it's near New Iberia you're more than welcome to swing by and check out how they fit.

Kevin
post #18 of 20 Old 01-14-2020, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by White13JKUR View Post
you can tell they spend a little extra time frenching the recessed ORO litedot cups in for tails and this brand fits like a glove.
I noticed something; I have looked at these online many times & i've seen them in person before; I am almost positive they used to have the extruded hinge pockets , but the raw-steel pictures show them with just cut-outs:

At that premium price you get the one's like Terramoto there has, correct? Am I imagining seeing them with finished hinges ?

post #19 of 20 Old 01-17-2020, 03:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Am I imagining seeing them with finished hinges ?
That's what I was saying. At first, I was pretty sure that Genright was starting with the AEV builder corners. I know that is not the case now but the early versions I thought were AEV-based.

I know that Poison Spyder is AEV-based.

Both companies at one point had pics of the products where you could see that the side pieces were welded to the corners to extend them. Haven't looked in a long time.
post #20 of 20 Old 01-17-2020, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I'll betcha, as you reminded , Genright used to buy & weld onto the AEVs to produce thier full corners , and maybe once Poison Spider went Transmerican they had to find other means of fabrication...maybe outsourced elsewhere or do it themselves now...

or i might not know wtf I'm talking about at all

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 01-17-2020 at 09:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode