JKOwners Forum banner

aftermarket diff covers or skid plate ???

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  SweetCJ7 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

i would like to hear your opinion on this matter , should i go for aftermarket diff cover such as PS, solid, alloy usa or skid plate ? thanks

#2 ·
Hi guys,

i would like to hear your opinion on this matter , should i go for aftermarket diff cover such as PS, solid, alloy usa or skid plate ? thanks
Umm... Yeah. And you should wear a condom, avoid ghettos after midnight, see a doctor now and again, take a shower daily and a whole bunch of other blatant common sense things.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#10 ·
you can't hide the true sentiment I detect in your comment,dude.
I
can tell you asked this solely 'cuz you wanna see the
stringent tests that G2 puts these thru ...

it's been years , thankfully, :

OP.

If you can't tell, both protections are important.
you'll want both if you are really using the Jeep in rocks however, if you are choosing one or the other , I'd suggest the oil pan skid first ,then the diff protection.

if you're tight on budget, u can get something like this really pretty affordably:
or just save for what you want.
(Yukon , WFO , Ballistic Fab , RuffStuff, to name a few , all who have diff covers for your R&P protection. )

Jeep On.

#13 ·
I have to agree with the Poison Spider diff cover choice. After destroying the rear original & an aluminum cover, the Poison Spider has lasted the longest & still looks good after dragging on some rocks that really scratch up the diff housing.
I wanted the diff protector or skid plate for the front after destroying the original & an aluminum cover but let my local guru talk me into an ARB cover. So far so good but can't make any sense about where on the dip stick I should find the correct fluid level.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.