JKOwners Forum banner

rock auto

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  ndtguy 
#1 ·
time has come to redo the rear brakes on the Jeep.
was going to just run down to the local NAPA and grab the parts but seems Rockauto might be a bit less expensive and they have everything on their site.

have you guys used Rock before for parts? good service? good parts?

figured I would ask before trying them.

#2 ·
time has come to redo the rear brakes on the Jeep.

was going to just run down to the local NAPA and grab the parts but seems Rockauto might be a bit less expensive and they have everything on their site.

have you guys used Rock before for parts? good service? good parts?

figured I would ask before trying them.
They usually have everything one could need but shipping is a killer on small stuff. I try and bundle things if I can to take that sting out.

Have purchased quite a bit of stuff and have never had any issues/great service but like I said the shipping can be an eye opener depending on what your buying and where your at delivery wise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

#3 ·

whenever I'm replacing a Jeep's OEM or original parts , I usually hit RockAuto first. I have used them for years & recommend the site.

It's got the Mopar as well as Dorman or alternate brands of same part if you want to save a little.

just my opinion on RockAuto. I think shipping is always expensive so don't notice a massive difference tho the main distro hub for my location seems to be only 75 miles away in Kentucky , so maybe that's why ? :dunno:

#4 ·
whenever I'm replacing a Jeep's OEM or original parts , I usually hit RockAuto first. I have used them for years & recommend the site.

It's got the Mopar as well as Dorman or alternate brands of same part if you want to save a little.

just my opinion on RockAuto. I think shipping is always expensive so don't notice a massive difference tho the main distro hub for my location seems to be only 75 miles away in Kentucky , so maybe that's why ? :dunno:
This explains how the cost can vary. Parts come from all over the damn place-lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I use rock auto a lot when I need things. The better half has a caravan with the same engine as my jk, so same oil filter. Granted the cabin filter is different but with oil and cabin filters shipped to my house it was $37.

After pursuing autozone and other websites and they want $25 for just her cabin filter I decided the shipping wasn’t a big deal. If I went to the auto parts store I would have spent double (easily) vs rock auto.

Plus I always get cool car magnets. Win win.

#7 ·
Brakes

I have 186K on my 08 Rubicon I purchased on set of front and one set of rear pads from AutoZone when I did my first brake job on 2008. I've just exchanged the pads under warranty for the last 11 years. Best deal I've ever had for brakes.

#8 ·
I have 186K on my 08 Rubicon I purchased on set of front and one set of rear pads from AutoZone when I did my first brake job on 2008. I've just exchanged the pads under warranty for the last 11 years. Best deal I've ever had for brakes.
Honestly that would be the only thing I would not buy at rock auto. Years ago I priced rotors and pads and the shipping cost to my house was really high (rotors aren’t light).

#11 ·
Only reason I mentioned shipping was I thought $16 seemed a bit high for filters (oil and cabin) until I realized they were coming from two different places and the total cost of buying from Rock Auto was 1/2 the price of other local stores.

As far as ordering vs receiving, I have always received what I ordered. I’ve been using them for years on everything but rotors. 🤷‍♂️

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.