The Dreaded Lift Question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 6Likes
  • 4 Post By SLOWPOKE693
  • 2 Post By j3ff3ry_j33p

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-11-2019, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

The Dreaded Lift Question

Hey guys, new to the forum. My wife just got a 2018 JK Sahara. I want to get a 2.5-3.5 lift for her. She is not going to be doing any off-roading (she might run over the occasional curb, but that is it) and it is her daily driver. Since she isn't doing any off-roading, would a Rough Country lift be ok? I don't want to take away from the riding comfortability at all, as the lift will be more aesthetic than anything. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-11-2019, 02:45 PM
Granite Guru

What's the budget? The metalcloak true dual rate is great, and only about 1300 IIRC.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

•|||||||• 2015 Unlimited Sport S Baja Yellow
Auto / 4.56 Gears / ARB Front, Auburn Ected Rear Locker & LSD / G2 Core 44 35 Spline Axles / Alpine 9-Speakers & Sub / MC 3.5" w 6pak shocks / 37" KM3s on Method 105 Beadlocks
post #3 of 7 Old 09-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Wheeler

Pick up the Terraflex 2" budget spacer lift and the matching Fox shocks to go with it. Cheap n easy!

Did that to my wifes 16 JKUR when we first bought it and she was happy. Re-uses the stock springs so the ride does not change.

Personally, I'd stay away from Rough Country.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-11-2019, 07:42 PM
Wheeler

I inherited a RC 2.5 on my last Jeep. Rough ride. I have an AEV 2.5 on my current Jeep. % night and day difference. I know the price points don’t compare, but if ride quality matters, you’ll be sacrificing that with the RC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #5 of 7 Old 09-11-2019, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

there is no budget lift. What you save in dollars is paid back in lumbar pain & less-than-acceptable ride quality and handling. There are some accptable RC parts but it's not the best source for something as imperative as a suspension unless it is a mud truck. Especially if you're putting your better half's well-being behind the wheel.

You could just go with a nice leveling kit, a couple spacers & an adjustable trackbar if you are just wanting to run a slightky larger than stock wheel/tire.
SweetCJ7 and ExWrench like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-12-2019, 05:52 AM
JKO Addict!

So, you are going to lift for the sake of lifting? Are you planning bigger tires? There is a link in my sig you might want to read.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #7 of 7 Old 09-17-2019, 05:02 PM
JKowners Vendor

Yes a spacer leveling kit would work out with some Rancho 5000X shocks for the budget thing. But, why not just do a Rancho 2" Sport Suspension with 9000XLs? If you are looking at adding aftermarket weight in new bumpers, winch, tire carrier and full-sized spare, etc, you should look into a good quality lift with progressive coils in the kit. Too high and you will "need" an adjustable front trackbar. Not planning on alot of weight, get a 2.5" linear coil kit with many options to customize the grocery getter.

Since no offroading is planned, any lift height above 2" needs/should have caster correction. 2dr JKs love positive caster closer to 5deg. Use a correction bracket for better surface street ride. Shoot me a PM if you would like help planning or purchasing.

Have a blessed and prosperous evening.

Allen

Allen's Offroad - 530-620-1100
Email me at:

FREE SHIPPING on orders of $99.99 or more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode