JKOwners Forum banner

Front Locker Sensor, Wire broke off at connector

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  BigTB 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. Last few outings I've noticed my front locker light just keeps flashing. Got under it tonight and found the culprit. The wiring that goes into the connector for the locker sensor is broke off right at the connector. I have no room to splice back together. I found the part online but after doing some reading it sounds like you have to pull the differential apart to replace the plunger. ugh! If I bought this new part, cut off the plunger and splice the new connector on to my existing already installed plunger, would that work? I don't see why not but wanted to get some opinions. Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd disassemble the connector, strip the wiring back a bit (lengthen the wires if needed), crimp on 2 new terminal pins, and reassemble the connector. I'm pretty sure that's a Weatherpak connector (not completely sure :dunno: ) - totally serviceable, pins, body, and seals all available.

EDIT: it may not be Weatherpak, but all the connector parts are available. Just need the crimper and ability to not fawk up the repair :laughing:

#6 ·
Or you could just say to heck with the connector for now, cut the other end off too and splice the wires together. Then you can worry about the connector if the sensor itself ever fails. Or just buy a weatherpak connector and put it on both ends.
Good call from "outside the box" :beer:

Unless you're set on a stock connection, you can terminate that any way you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.