2Likes
  • 1 Post By j3ff3ry_j33p
  • 1 Post By ALASHA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-19-2019, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Which Brand?

I have recently experienced my first death wobble> I replaced my old ball joints (they were worn out) with Teraflex HD ball joints. I still notice a bump in my steering though. with 125000 miles i am gonna replace my Tie rod , drag link and track bar. I am currently running 33's with a 3" lift. I plan on upgrading to 35's or possibly 37's. which brand would you guys recommend with out breaking the bank. Its my daily driver and off road is very little. Now thats not to say that if I have time and in a area where i can take it off road i will. but not in ything difficult.
I have been looking at Teraflex (most expensive), Metal cloak (Middle of the cost) and Currie enterprises (Cheapest). You thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-19-2019, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Synergy Mfg
mttamer likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 07-19-2019, 10:10 AM
JKO Addict!

Rock Krawler or Fusion4x4 but I dont know how big your bank is...
mttamer likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 07-19-2019, 01:55 PM
Random Dude

I have a TF front TB and Synergy TR + DL --> all good stuff that has never let me down.

Swapped out my TF rear TB for a Metalcloak to enable some exhaust system fawkery, and I'm impressed with the MC TB.

That's all I got. Hope it helps.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #5 of 10 Old 07-20-2019, 07:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Metal cloak and synergy are both good choices. If you can pac ruff stuff has a good DIY kit that is very reasonable. They also just came out with an aluminum tie rod for the JK. Most fab supply venders also put stuff on sale every holiday so you can save 10-20% if you are in no hurry.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #6 of 10 Old 07-20-2019, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
I have a TF front TB and Synergy TR + DL --> all good stuff that has never let me down.

Swapped out my TF rear TB for a Metalcloak to enable some exhaust system fawkery, and I'm impressed with the MC TB.

That's all I got. Hope it helps.
That does help. I guess this was kinda like an oil question. You get so many different choices on what people use. I can appreciate that what ever i choose from the brands listed here that it will be a good choice for me. waiting until Christmas might be a good idea too.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-23-2019, 07:13 PM
V8 dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttamer View Post
That does help. I guess this was kinda like an oil question. You get so many different choices on what people use. I can appreciate that what ever i choose from the brands listed here that it will be a good choice for me. waiting until Christmas might be a good idea too.
You will get a lot of opinions, but you’re not quite at oil question level lol. There is at least some objective and easily seen differences.

Another vote for synergy here, I’ve been trying to sort out my front end and the ability to use the adjuster sleeve on the vehicle is huge IMO. I still have my RK trackbar, but never could get their old style draglink to stay tight. They’ve changed that now, but i have zero experience with the new one. When my RK joints in the LCA goes bad this time, I’m swapping that to synergy too...because of the adjuster sleeve once again.

2010 Silver JKU
post #8 of 10 Old 07-23-2019, 08:06 PM
JKowners Vendor

Steer Smarts Yeti products are great. I have many customers running their products. They make steering components for the major three HD trucks and all kinds of other 1 Ton plus applications. Shoot me a zip code via PM or post and I will get you a price on the set.
Namaste,

Allen

Allen's Offroad - 530-620-1100
Email me at:

FREE SHIPPING on orders of $99.99 or more.

post #9 of 10 Old 07-24-2019, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCJ7 View Post
Steer Smarts Yeti products are great. I have many customers running their products. They make steering components for the major three HD trucks and all kinds of other 1 Ton plus applications. Shoot me a zip code via PM or post and I will get you a price on the set.
Namaste,

Allen
After considerable consideration and research I have decided that The Steer-Smarts Yeti is the way ill go.
Thanks for all of your inputs. they have been very helpful.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-29-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttamer View Post
After considerable consideration and research I have decided that The Steer-Smarts Yeti is the way ill go.
Thanks for all of your inputs. they have been very helpful.
I did the Yeti drag link and tie rod, along with synergy track bar/sector shaft brace. This along with Teraflex ball joints lets my 37's drive up the road very nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode