37’s 2010 Jeep jk - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 07-14-2019, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

37’s 2010 Jeep jk

Okay so I recently bought a 2010 Jeep jk and I’m wanting to fit 37’s on it but idk what to do. I know I have to change axels and all but what lifts do I need to clear it. Also I think I have a 2 inch lift on it but idk if I do or don’t. Please help and thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 07-14-2019, 09:04 PM
JKO Addict!

First off, get your hands on $10k then we will talk about the next step.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 30 Old 07-14-2019, 09:13 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
First off, get your hands on $10k then we will talk about the next step.

Ha, you went easy.
Iím impressed, you mellowing with age?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 07-18-2019, 05:57 PM
Wheeler

37s are a big deal. 35s will run on stock equipment, but as soon as you hit 37s, expect a steady stream of upgrades. You can add sleeves and axle shafts, no problem.

But I am talking about weird upgrades you really won't see coming... For example, steering gear box. 37s start to put a lot of pressure on that sector shaft and steering starts to get loose pretty quickly. Of course, re-gear is an absolute. Entire steering system will start to need upgrades.

Difference between the ride on 35s and 37s is very noticeable. As far as lift, you won't need anything crazy, but you will need to trim the body panels (behind the front tires).

I don't regret 37s. But $10K is right on the money. New draglink, trackbar, tie-rod, etc. < They will just die sooner with 37s.

I had to recently go with Dynatrac ball joints ($600) because I was shredding everything else. Hope this helps... 2" is a serious step up... I bow to 37s/40s when I see then on the road!
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
post #5 of 30 Old 07-18-2019, 07:02 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlieko View Post
37s are a big deal. 35s will run on stock equipment, but as soon as you hit 37s, expect a steady stream of upgrades. You can add sleeves and axle shafts, no problem.

But I am talking about weird upgrades you really won't see coming... For example, steering gear box. 37s start to put a lot of pressure on that sector shaft and steering starts to get loose pretty quickly. Of course, re-gear is an absolute. Entire steering system will start to need upgrades.

Difference between the ride on 35s and 37s is very noticeable. As far as lift, you won't need anything crazy, but you will need to trim the body panels (behind the front tires).

I don't regret 37s. But $10K is right on the money. New draglink, trackbar, tie-rod, etc. < They will just die sooner with 37s.

I had to recently go with Dynatrac ball joints ($600) because I was shredding everything else. Hope this helps... 2" is a serious step up... I bow to 37s/40s when I see then on the road!
Which body parts? I never did.
Unibearings...buy in bulk.
Also, listen to Planman, watch his youtube vids. Save yourself from wasting money chasing fixes to problems twice.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

Quote:
Running 37's as a daily driver is dumb
post #6 of 30 Old 07-18-2019, 07:11 PM
Random Dude

OP, in case you cannot view links in signatures, check this out: https://www.jkowners.com/forum/modif...hts-lifts.html

That's the 2nd link in thedirtman's signature, and it's a concise overview of lift kit components and their functions.

I suggest cutting stock fenders (or swapping to flat fenders) and running a 2.5" - 3" lift for 37s.

As for what additional items you need for 37s (assuming you wheel) I suggest:
  • Weld gussets to the inner Cs on the front axle housing (if not swapping in beefier aftermarket housing)
  • Truss or sleeve the front axle housing, and the stocker should be OK
  • Upgrade axle shafts front & rear
  • Larger brakes are a worthwhile upgrade (otherwise don't drive like an asshole )
  • Regear the front & rear differentials (4.88s, 5.13s, or 5.38s)
  • Your tie rod, drag link, and ball joints will likely need upgrading soon-ish
  • Hydraulic ram assist added to steering, along with a cooler and a filter . . . and likely a pump

Additional stuff I think you should have if you wheel:
  • Skid plates can save you a lot of expensive headaches and unplanned hikes
  • Diff covers - same reasons as skid plates
  • Some way to air down and air up (OBA, CO2, clip-on compressor)
  • A GOOD first aid kit
  • Maps and the ability to read/use them (compass also)
  • Basic hand tools and the ability to use them (don't be that guy . . .)
  • Sliders or rocker protection (or no GAF if you trash the body - that works too )
  • A shovel and a small tree saw or axe are great for trail maintenance
  • A winch is a damned good thing to have when you need it
  • Guaranteed, I'm forgetting at least 5 things in this list . . . . . .

If you're not going to wheel it, ignore all of the above . . .

. . . and enjoy having one of the shittiest on-road vehicles on earth (Jeep on 37s)

Oh, and . . . WELCOME TO JKO
SweetCJ7, j3ff3ry_j33p and ndtguy like this.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

<-- Random crap you might find useful

Last edited by ExWrench; 07-18-2019 at 07:14 PM.
post #7 of 30 Old 07-18-2019, 08:06 PM
Minstrel Gigolo

Here's what I did to run 37's on my 2015 JKUR.

Note:
- Since this list, I've moved to a Redneck ram, long arms and some other odds n' ends.
- If you have stock rubicon rails, you may need to trim them. I also cut up my stock fenders.
- Prices are approximate. A lot of this stuff you can buy used / never-been-installed for less. I usually shop at Paul n' Gui's hand-me-down-emporium.
- I did all the work myself, labor would probably add thousands.

Finally, and most importantly... I do not daily drive my Jeep because thedirtman says it's stupid.

Suspension
  • $2600 Synergy Stage III 3" Suspension (short arm, fixed length lowers)
  • $0 Fox 2.0 Adventure series shocks (bundled with above suspension)
  • $Free! Stock trackbars
Steering
  • $340 Synergy Cromoly tie rod
  • $40 Synergy Steering Stabilizer bracket (bolts to the trackbar relo bracket)
  • $40 Synergy steering stabilizer tie rod clamp
  • $0 Bundled Fox Performance series stabilizer
Engine / Exhaust
  • $40 Synergy exhaust spacers (Allowed me to keep front DS until it died)
Axles (D44; Rubicon)
  • $500 to $2,000 Motive Gear 5.38 R&P front and rear (depends on who installs)
  • $900 Ten Factory Axle shafts (front + rear)
  • $70 Synergy C Gussets
  • $75 Synergy D44 Inner Axle Sleeve (Pending install)
  • $480 Adams 1310 Front driveshaft (flange adapter - I did not want to mess with the pinion nut)
Wheel & Tire
  • $2100 Trailready HD Beadlocks 17x8.5 3.5" BS; 5 total
  • $1600 BFG KM2s 37x12.5 (Think of them as full-sized 35's)
  • $100 12oz Dynabeads per wheel
Lectronics
  • $170 Flashcal for disabling TPMS, setting tire size and gearing

I know I'm probably forgetting about $500-$1000 in additional parts or tools. I'll add them as I think of them.
I never addressed braking and regret it every time my fat ass ends up in the middle of an intersection.
ExWrench and ndtguy like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
yíaller quenchin' with beer

Last edited by snout; 07-18-2019 at 08:18 PM.
post #8 of 30 Old 07-19-2019, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

yeah, these guys are all helping you greatly, OP. Do prepare to get into some money spending or fabrication ( both) once youu pass 35s.

Just remember what may be awe-inspiring now may seem like nada tomorrow.
Even 37s can get inferiority complexes...

For me, hitting trails with more capable rig$ tends to fool my brain a little into thinking I've spent less fucking money than I truly hve on this damn JKU. Then I usually break something & remember its a mall crawler 4 eva

KrawlOff-Road.com likes this.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 07-19-2019 at 11:12 AM. Reason: spelling
post #9 of 30 Old 07-20-2019, 02:25 PM
Wheeler

Wife drives a 16 JKUR (6spd manual) daily on 37s. Stock sucks so this was all done a month after it was purchased new. Running 37s doesnt have to be as expensive as these guys make it sound if it's just being used as a daily driver and you start with the CORRECT Wrangler.

I used a 2.5" TerraFlex spacer lift, TerraFlex tuned Fox Shocks and a Fox steering stabilizer. Cut back the rear of the stock sliders and installed Genright narrow aluminum flares and inner fenders. Currently running 37x13.50 Coopers and 3.75" backspace Method beadlocks. Had a competent shop re-align it and all is good. We have collectively put about 40k miles on the Jeep, with several trips of 1800+ miles, and it has been flawless.

With the factory warranty almost up I have gone a little bit crazy in the last few weeks with the new round of mods. I want to wheel it on the weekends at the local parks and not kill it. Lol
post #10 of 30 Old 07-21-2019, 01:37 AM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWPOKE693 View Post
. . . Running 37s doesnt have to be as expensive as these guys make it sound if it's just being used as a daily driver . . .

. . . put about 40k miles on the Jeep . . .

With the factory warranty almost up . . . I want to wheel it on the weekends at the local parks and not kill it. Lol
Wow, 40K miles in a Rubicon on 37s and you haven't wheeled it? . . .

That's why my reply included these caveats / qualifying statements:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
. . . (assuming you wheel) I suggest:

. . .

If you're not going to wheel it, ignore all of the above . . .

. . . and enjoy having one of the shittiest on-road vehicles on earth (Jeep on 37s)
I would've driven those 40K miles in a 3.6L Outback, enjoying a faster, quieter ride with 150% of the fuel economy.

Oh well, now that it's broken in, time to risk breaking it before it dies of old age.

I hope you go wheel it and start benefiting from a Rubicon on 37s

If you do, this thread has the info. to save you a bunch of heartache and headaches

The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

post #11 of 30 Old 07-21-2019, 06:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Plus the cost differences in the two. Maybe $20k difference between an outback and a Rubicon. I have been quoted many times "37's on a daily driver is dumb" and I certainly would not do it on a vehicle I don't own.

Some build info here:

post #12 of 30 Old 07-21-2019, 09:18 AM
Rock God

Quote:
I certainly would not do it on a vehicle I don't own.
This quotation is priceless. I run 37ís, and like it, even on the street, but I also donít take my jeep on long road trips, unless it is on a trailer. I have a super duty that gets better mileage with the jeep in a trailer, than the jeep does, and is way more comfortable to drive.
post #13 of 30 Old 07-21-2019, 09:20 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Plus the cost differences in the two. Maybe $20k difference between an outback and a Rubicon. I have been quoted many times "37's on a daily driver is dumb" and I certainly would not do it on a vehicle I don't own.

Outbacks are for lesbians, and the Jeep is bought and paid for. I dont build stuff I dont own outright. That's just dumb.....
rlee likes this.
post #14 of 30 Old 07-21-2019, 09:36 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Wow, 40K miles in a Rubicon on 37s and you haven't wheeled it? . . .

That's why my reply included these caveats / qualifying statements:

I would've driven those 40K miles in a 3.6L Outback, enjoying a faster, quieter ride with 150% of the fuel economy.

Oh well, now that it's broken in, time to risk breaking it before it dies of old age.

I hope you go wheel it and start benefiting from a Rubicon on 37s

If you do, this thread has the info. to save you a bunch of heartache and headaches

Dont go getting your granny panties in a bunch there guy..... Jeep has been wheeling many times with the above setup and 37s. Plenty of battle scars on the underside to prove it.

And its driven TO AND FROM the trails. If I wanted to drive my F350 and drag the trailer behind it to go on trips I would have built a buggy or kept my old TJ.
KrawlOff-Road.com likes this.

Last edited by SLOWPOKE693; 07-21-2019 at 09:41 AM.
post #15 of 30 Old 07-21-2019, 09:40 AM
Random Dude

Quote:
..... Jeep has been wheeling many times with the above setup and 37s.
Good to know

Learn to communicate
coilrod likes this.

post #16 of 30 Old 07-21-2019, 10:16 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Good to know

Learn to communicate

I didnt want give the OP the idea that doing what I did and going wheeling was the best idea. For street use it's ok, zero issues, for wheeling it is not. I broke some shit and smashed some shit like that. Im a mechanic/fabricator by trade and fixing what i fawk up is no big deal to me. Not everybody is in that same boat so I left out some details.

New round of wheeling mods, as of last week (that make me feel somewhat better about beating the shit out of it) include:

3.5" MC springs, Synergy long arms, Fox air bumps & shocks, cromo shafts, Artec axle armor F&R along with all new Artec & Barns4x4 axle & track bar brackets, Synergy sleeves, Rancho knuckles, RPM Fab tie rod, flipped drag link and a WTOR hydro assist kit.

Next major wheeling trip for the Jeep will be to Moab shortly after labor day to wheel with some good friends that live out that way.
post #17 of 30 Old 07-21-2019, 10:44 AM
Rock God

Quote:
I certainly would not do it on a vehicle I don't own.
This quotation is priceless. I run 37ís, and like it, even on the street, but I also donít take my jeep on long road trips, unless it is on a trailer. I have a super duty that gets better mileage with the jeep in a trailer, than the jeep does, and is way more comfortable to drive.
post #18 of 30 Old 07-21-2019, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Wife drives a 16 JKUR (6spd manual) daily on 37s. Stock sucks so this was all done a month after it was purchased new. ......have gone a little bit crazy in the last few weeks with the new round of mods. I want to wheel it on the weekends at the local parks and not kill it BUT MY WIFE WONT LET ME. Lol

FTFY

why show us images of it only the access driveway leadin to the trail , dude?

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 07-21-2019 at 10:58 AM.
post #19 of 30 Old 07-21-2019, 12:24 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

FTFY

why show us images of it only the access driveway leadin to the trail , dude?

Conveniently forgot to quote that second pic, didn't ya.....

Those 2 pics were taken at NWOR park in Tx. My buddy was driving a linked YJ on 38s and I refused to let him go where I couldn't, so a proper beating insued. Bunch of dudes in buggies that were watching us gave me a standing ovation when I got to the top of the trail in the second picture. Guess its normally a well built rig/buggy only trail??? Its just to the right of the hill they use for the rock bouncer race I guess. I'm from up North and dont know any better. Looked like a typical New England trail to me. Lmao
post #20 of 30 Old 07-21-2019, 07:02 PM
Rock God

Sorry for the thread derail, but more info on that orange CJ? That thing looks badass. Wide axles, 40ís and ORIís?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 2 door manual sport
post #21 of 30 Old 07-21-2019, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:

Those 2 pics were taken at NWOR park in Tx. My buddy was driving a linked YJ on 38s and I refused to let him go where I couldn't, so a proper beating insued. Bunch of dudes in buggies that were watching us gave me a standing ovation when I got to the top of the trail in the second picture. Guess its normally a well built rig/buggy only trail??? Its just to the right of the hill they use for the rock bouncer race I guess. I'm from up North and dont know any better. Looked like a typical New England trail to me. Lmao

oh , I didn't forget to caption it ; I titled it , pal....

dude, I'm just eggin' ya on to get ya to post progressively more & more images to prove that , like myself , you're either brave or dumb enough to wheel a nice jku & everyone loves seein carnage, right ?

in seriousness, I know so many 4door Wrangler owners who's wives won't let em wheel their Jeeps , hahaha. You know who you are ....they'll all cave eventually , bros....

coilrod likes this.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 07-21-2019 at 08:24 PM.
post #22 of 30 Old 07-21-2019, 11:49 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:

I think they were applauding the minivan being off road at all. Those pictures look like the access roads to trails, not actual trails.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

Quote:
Running 37's as a daily driver is dumb
post #23 of 30 Old 07-22-2019, 04:25 AM
JKO Addict!

yep those look like some of the roads around here. A rubicon on 35's is going to do 90% of the trails out there and be more reiliable. I watched a stock JL Rubicon do the Rubicon trail yesterday. He was slow but did it.

Some build info here:

post #24 of 30 Old 07-22-2019, 05:27 AM
JKO Addict!

if you are building for looks and are as rich as you say then don't mess around with 37's just go straight to 42's

Some build info here:

post #25 of 30 Old 07-23-2019, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coilrod View Post
I think they were applauding the minivan being off road at all. Those pictures look like the access roads to trails, not actual trails.

my man affirms it wasn't just me ; those were steep spots but I have friends w driveways more treacherous. just sayin , op..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode