It's time: '09 Appraisal Request - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Treader
  • 1 Post By Dutch577

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 06-30-2019, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

It's time: '09 Appraisal Request

The time has come. Was saving the Jeep to use with my Son when he was old enough but another kid + 2 unsuitable cars + possibly a new house means it's time to let go. I have not been active here for several years and don't know the market, especially with modified Jeeps. Hoping some of you can give me a realistic street value/listing value for private sale.

2009 2Dr X Jeep Green, Automatic
51,000 miles, 20,000 on doors , Garage Kept
Unfortunately, very few trail miles, Florida owned/trails
Linex'd tub
4" Rancho lift on 35" Firestone MTRs with ~50% life
ARB Cover in Rear
5.13 Gears
Superchips
Full JL Audio System (MSRP $3500) w/ stock head unit (was concerned about theft in Miami) (MHD 900/5 Amp, CL441DSP signal processor with factory radio (concerned about theft in Miami w/o doors) C5-650 Seperates for Fronts (dynolined factory speaker box), MX770-CCX-SG-TB 7.7” rear speakers in factory location (also dynolined) FS110-W5-SG-TB Subwoofer mounted to Tuffy deck behind drivers seat.
Optima Yellow Top w/ Battery Tender and custom accessory block with Circuit breaker for quick disconnect of accessories and spare leads ran behind glovebox for easy expansion.
Drake Hood latches
K&N Filter
Cibie Headlights with HID's in both Headlights and fogs (5000k? headlights, 3000k fogs)
PIAA 520 Lights
Bulldog Stubby Front Bumper w/Smittybuilt XRC8 Winch
LoD Rear bumper w/tire mount
Finishline West Stonehenge Series Rock Rails
Tuffy Smart Deck installed (Original Rear Seats never used kept in-house)
Wet Olke Seat Covers
Tatton 1310 Driveshafts with <1000 Miles
Spider Shades mesh top, Factory Soft cover/windows stored but no guarantees can be made on fitment/looks as I haven’t used it in ages.
Farmjack
Halcron Fire Extinguisher (3-4 years old but still shows good charge)

There is a minor dent in the Right Rear quarter panel where some idiot (me) left the tire unlatched while pulling out of the driveway. Not huge but noticeable I was either going to throw armor over it or get it pulled.

I also have factory X bumper somewhere, ~30k miles on it if I had to guess?

I appreciate any help or insight ya'll may be able to give.
Attached Images

2009, 2 Door X, Rancho 4" Sport Lift w/ 9000xl shocks, 35" Firestone Destination MTR on Spidertrax spacers Bulldog Front Bumper w/XRC8 Winch, LoD Rear Bumper, FinishLineWest Rock Sliders, 5.13 G2's, ARB Rear diff cover, LineX'd tub, JL Clean Sweep, JL 900/5 Amp, JL C5 components in front, JL Marine MX-770's in soundbar, JL FS-110 Marine sub, Tuffy security deck, HID's in Cibie's, Piaa 520s
jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-01-2019, 05:08 AM
JKO Addict!

I would put it in the 12-16k range. Your mods are basically worthless. Low mileage is the plus you have.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 07-01-2019, 05:31 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Dirtman is spot on. KBB puts it for private sale 14K - 15.5K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-01-2019, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

geolocation makes a little difference but as thedirtman said, on good day you could snag 16-16,500 & if you concede to a low-ball offer you'll take around $13k, $14.5k...

GLWS

post #5 of 11 Old 07-01-2019, 06:15 AM
Rock God

This is always sad news about vehicles and the depreciation they see.

Take the mods off and sale individually would net you the most on your investment.
rockystock likes this.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #6 of 11 Old 07-01-2019, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I was Offered Trade-In at 13k. For that I'd rather uninstall the stereo and put back to factory. Parting out seems to be a pain. . .was hoping for more the 17k range TBH

2009, 2 Door X, Rancho 4" Sport Lift w/ 9000xl shocks, 35" Firestone Destination MTR on Spidertrax spacers Bulldog Front Bumper w/XRC8 Winch, LoD Rear Bumper, FinishLineWest Rock Sliders, 5.13 G2's, ARB Rear diff cover, LineX'd tub, JL Clean Sweep, JL 900/5 Amp, JL C5 components in front, JL Marine MX-770's in soundbar, JL FS-110 Marine sub, Tuffy security deck, HID's in Cibie's, Piaa 520s
jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #7 of 11 Old 07-01-2019, 07:57 AM
Rock God

The biggest draw back I see, is it's a 2 door. No one wants a 2 door anymore unless you are a hardcore rock guy. If it was a 4 door, you would be looking more in the price range you think.

13k is a pretty good trade in. When I was looking at JLUR's last year, I got a 12k trade in on my 10 2 door with stick. Trade-in is never going to be friendly either. You are much better off to private sell it, but it obviously takes time.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #8 of 11 Old 07-01-2019, 11:58 AM

and mods for some people dont add any value....for example I put no value on any stereo equipment because to me thats just a bunch of stuff I have to remove
post #9 of 11 Old 07-01-2019, 03:53 PM
Wheeler

I don't know how old your oldest is but you aren't getting a jeep like that for 13k. It is too bad you can't keep it. Get another job and buy it from yourself.
Treader likes this.
post #10 of 11 Old 07-02-2019, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

whomever offered 13k for OPs JK OBVIOUSLY did not see the rear pssgr side; that JKO vinyl adds a few grand to KBB trade-in value, at least I'm pretty sure of that.....

post #11 of 11 Old 07-05-2019, 01:54 PM
Wheeler

I am new on this site and a new owner of a 09 X 2door. I got it with 96K on it and it needs some TLC.

I paid 12,500 and it will need exhaust next year and maybe a new soft top. Happy with it so far since this is my first Jeep at the young age of 68.

Good luck in selling yours at a price you need to get from it.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode