PRP Rear Seat Brack - Stock front seats - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-11-2019, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

PRP Rear Seat Brack - Stock front seats

Anyone ever done this with the PRP bracket? I ordered new seats for the front and been thinking hey I'll throw the front in the rear. Eventually I'll get the rear seats from PRP and would like to re-use the bracket if possible. If not I guess I can get the MasterCraft bracket and sell it with the fractor seats when the time comes. Let me know your thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-12-2019, 06:34 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'm interested in this idea. Captains chairs in a Jeep? That would be cool, I never have 3 rear seat passengers anyway.

But.... Looking at the bracket here: https://www.prpseats.com/product/jee...ar-seat-mount/

It looks to be designed for vertical tab aftermarket seats. The stock Jeep seats are not. So I do not think it will fit DIRECTLY.

But it should not be too hard to fab up an adapter plate/bracket that bottom attaches to the aftermarket vertical mounts of the bracket, and the top fits the stock Jeep seat slider.

I'd be a bit concerned about the seating position though. Would it be too tall such that the passengers were hitting the top? Or would the stock fronts hang over too much and interfere with the wheel well/door frames?

Interesting possibilities....

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....
Now back to a 2013 JKU Rubicon with "stuff", planning 37's with minimal lift.

I've tried them all... Jeeps are still the best. (0||||0)
post #3 of 3 Old 06-12-2019, 11:32 AM
Granite Guru

Do it! YOLO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode