Warranty Coverage on Slave Cylinder/Clutch - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ExWrench

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-21-2019, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Warranty Coverage on Slave Cylinder/Clutch

Quick question guys, I got a 2016 JK Rubicon with 30k. Today I got a code Bank 1 & Bank 2 o2 sensors. Thatís covered under my MaxCare warranty w/$100 deductible. I was also told my slave cylinder is bad, o ring possibly rubber boot is letting air into the hydraulics? Anyhow, they said the slave cylinder is also covered. A mechanic told me that they should replace the clutch, TO bearing and pressure plate bc most likely they are next to go bc of the slave cylinder goin bad. Is this true? Reason Iím asking, I mentioned this to the dealer and they said it wouldnít cause any issues with the clutch, pressure plate or TO bearing and those items arenít covered. Iím well aware that those are wear items and arenít covered but if there is a premature failure of those items due to the covered slave cylinder failure, shouldnít they be covered??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-21-2019, 06:31 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2qik2see View Post
Quick question guys, I got a 2016 JK Rubicon with 30k. Today I got a code Bank 1 & Bank 2 o2 sensors. Thatís covered under my MaxCare warranty w/$100 deductible. I was also told my slave cylinder is bad, o ring possibly rubber boot is letting air into the hydraulics? Anyhow, they said the slave cylinder is also covered. A mechanic told me that they should replace the clutch, TO bearing and pressure plate bc most likely they are next to go bc of the slave cylinder goin bad. Is this true? Reason Iím asking, I mentioned this to the dealer and they said it wouldnít cause any issues with the clutch, pressure plate or TO bearing and those items arenít covered. Iím well aware that those are wear items and arenít covered but if there is a premature failure of those items due to the covered slave cylinder failure, shouldnít they be covered??

Unless your slave cylinder was hosing things down, all the other parts should have zero degradation from the leaky slave cylinder. Depending on how it's been driven and how you drive, the clutch parts should be good for another 50k+ miles. If the previous owner rode the TO bearing or used the clutch excessively, they could be wasted already . However, that wouldn't be a warranty issue unless your warranty has a "previously owned by meathead" clause

TL/DR: No.
2qik2see likes this.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #3 of 3 Old 05-21-2019, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thx ExWrench! The clutch seems fine I could feel that the clutch pedal was a lilímushy tho. Iím crossing my fingers itís just the slave cylinder and some air in the system and everything else will be ok.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode