Buyer Beware (Extreme Terrain) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 05-04-2019, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Angry Buyer Beware (Extreme Terrain)

I just wanted to warn everyone when doing business with Extreme Terrain beware. I tried to order a Radiator from them. I placed the order on Monday, I did not hear back or get a notification it shipped so called on Wednesday. They had already charged my card. The person on the phone said yes, no problem will ship by Friday. On Friday I got an email saying the part was on back order and to call them. 2 HOURS later, after 3 people who had no clue what they were talking about, saying things like it will take 24-48 hours to refund your money then you can order another one. "We are not a Mom and Pop shop so things take time". I told them it was illegal to hit my card if they didn't have the part. I was put on hold 5 times, and disconnected twice. In the end I ended up getting the factory radiator, with no discount, nothing for all the hassle, except they "think they can ship today" The supervisor said "I don't know what the fastest shipping method is. It was so frustrating and who has 2 hours on the phone to deal with getting a part that they said was in stock and charged for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 05-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Wheeler

I've never had issues with ET and I've bought a lot of shit from them even returned a bumper with a jacked up box and missing pieces. I'd say this is a localized event. Sorry about your frustrations, definitely does suck!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 38 Old 05-04-2019, 06:15 PM
Twigger time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciteach1 View Post
I just wanted to warn everyone when doing business with Extreme Terrain beware. I tried to order a Radiator from them. I placed the order on Monday, I did not hear back or get a notification it shipped so called on Wednesday. They had already charged my card. The person on the phone said yes, no problem will ship by Friday. On Friday I got an email saying the part was on back order and to call them. 2 HOURS later, after 3 people who had no clue what they were talking about, saying things like it will take 24-48 hours to refund your money then you can order another one. "We are not a Mom and Pop shop so things take time". I told them it was illegal to hit my card if they didn't have the part. I was put on hold 5 times, and disconnected twice. In the end I ended up getting the factory radiator, with no discount, nothing for all the hassle, except they "think they can ship today" The supervisor said "I don't know what the fastest shipping method is. It was so frustrating and who has 2 hours on the phone to deal with getting a part that they said was in stock and charged for.
You show up with a sand-filled cunt to cry it out about a company that's not even a vendor here?
That's your first post?
Please just delete this thread and go away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 Old 05-04-2019, 07:45 PM
Rock God

Garage

User name sciteach. Jr. highschool teacher?
Here's a tip; fuck off.
post #5 of 38 Old 05-06-2019, 05:41 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Fucking one hit wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #6 of 38 Old 05-06-2019, 07:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

News flash for you buddy, this is a practice many companies in the Jeep community employ so I'm guessing you're new to this whole "Jeep Thing".

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 38 Old 05-06-2019, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

OP:

As you can maybe tell from these responses, coming here to simply vent your obviously underexperienced buying disdain for XT ( @snout
, I'm double checking this but I believe @DanXT still has a yellow star , even if it's been over 5 years since he's posted or been active...I see banner ads for ET still ...
) but doing that as a 1st post on a forum you've offered nothing to prior to this is sorta poor etiquette, fwiw.

Maybe ask everyone's opinion prior to letting loose in future although I doubt you'll be back around here after this made your sandy vagina feel less irritated in front of a bunch of strangers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 38 Old 05-06-2019, 09:50 AM
Twigger time

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

OP:

As you can maybe tell from these responses, coming here to simply vent your obviously underexperienced buying disdain for XT ( @snout
, I'm double checking this but I believe @DanXT still has a yellow star , even if it's been over 5 years since he's posted or been active...I see banner ads for ET still ...
) but doing that as a 1st post on a forum you've offered nothing to prior to this is sorta poor etiquette, fwiw.

Maybe ask everyone's opinion prior to letting loose in future although I doubt you'll be back around here after this made your sandy vagina feel less irritated in front of a bunch of strangers.

Funny -- I even double checked to see if they were still a vendor. Guess I can eat some forum crow on that one.

j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
post #9 of 38 Old 05-06-2019, 09:54 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

I like beer.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #10 of 38 Old 05-06-2019, 10:54 AM
Wheeler

Fyi. Im wearing an extreme terrain shirt right now.

j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
post #11 of 38 Old 05-06-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coilrod View Post
User name sciteach. Jr. highschool teacher?
Here's a tip; fuck off.
If this is true, this tard is teaching the youth of America. The future is doomed.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #12 of 38 Old 05-06-2019, 11:19 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
It was so frustrating and who has 2 hours on the phone to deal with getting a part that they said was in stock and charged for.

I would assume you do, as you did.
post #13 of 38 Old 05-06-2019, 11:39 AM
Rock God

come on guys, he showed up and said he has a Jeep, we're all supposed to band together and hate on that mean ol business for making him not feel like a princess.

BTW my buddy orders shit from ET almost exclusively and has had awesome experiences.

2008 JK
6spd
3.73:1
post #14 of 38 Old 05-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
I have never had a problem with ET. They have always been accommodating. Next time you should take names down and ask for a manager.
post #15 of 38 Old 05-06-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Momma View Post
I have never had a problem with ET. They have always been accommodating. Next time you should take names down and ask for a manager.
I guess reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Quote:
Quote:
post #16 of 38 Old 05-06-2019, 01:58 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
I guess reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
Supervisor and manager are two different things. Where I have worked in the past anyways!
Supervisors are almost as idiotic as regular employees these days!

Supervisor = a person who supervises a person or an activity.
Manager = a person responsible for controlling or administering all or part of a company or similar organization
post #17 of 38 Old 05-06-2019, 02:25 PM
Twigger time

Quote:
Supervisor and manager are two different things. Where I have worked in the past anyways!
Supervisors are almost as idiotic as regular employees these days!

Supervisor = a person who supervises a person or an activity.
Manager = a person responsible for controlling or administering all or part of a company or similar organization
Don't underestimate a manager's ability to completely screw up an organization. Did your "new" forum run you out of town or something? Why are you back here?
post #18 of 38 Old 05-06-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post
Don't underestimate a manager's ability to completely screw up an organization. Did your "new" forum run you out of town or something? Why are you back here?
I need to get my eyes checked or my brain checked. First time I read that I read "Did your new forum turn you out." LMAO.

Quote:
Quote:
post #19 of 38 Old 05-06-2019, 02:40 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post
What new forum?

I'm back here because of RubiCajun actually. I heard he passed and knew how he was revered on this forum so I wanted to express my deepest sympathies. I guess you could say being back on the brought back some good memories (and not so good -which I have moved past). Don't tell anyone buy I missed some of you guys.

Or maybe this was RubiCajan's Angel guiding me here to spice things up -- Don't know
post #20 of 38 Old 05-07-2019, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
What new forum?

I'm back here because of RubiCajun actually. I heard he passed and knew how he was revered on this forum so I wanted to express my deepest sympathies. I guess you could say being back on the brought back some good memories (and not so good -which I have moved past). Don't tell anyone buy I missed some of you guys.

Or maybe this was RubiCajan's Angel guiding me here to spice things up -- Don't know
no.
It was not Allan nor anything but ego that compelled you to seek this same community ,which you turned-away from + deleted content from , again. It's not polite to speak of the departed when they cannot defend themselves. Don't do that please, even tho' RubiCajun liked you . I liked you. You left so deal w/ the doubt you've sewn about your reliability & let's talk Jeep stuff. Yes, I know someone else mentioned it first. But, to be fair , you sorta threw your "right" to rebuke that shit aside. If you don't "get" that , then future dialogue will continue to go like this , interfering and confusing the content & threads in which it takes place.
Aside from that , we will never know if you're going to go back and delete everything for whatever reason and that sucks.

I wouldn't have even noticed or commented if you weren't speaking as tho you had never 'announced' your departure & deleted content before jumping ship, like your prerogatives compelled you to do .

I welcome ya back , arms open.
I don't welcome the baggage that it is starting to seem like Jeep Momma on jko arrives with.

Back to the thread's subject :

I have ordered 1 or 2 items from the Extreme Terrain before & it just was same as quadratec or 4loparts...it's all who you talk to and it sounds like op got some crap CS.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 05-07-2019 at 05:16 AM.
post #21 of 38 Old 05-07-2019, 04:56 PM
JKO Addict!

"well, cowboy, looks like you stopped at the wrong saloon to tell your sad story"

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #22 of 38 Old 05-07-2019, 05:08 PM
Wheeler

Guys...I think he's gone.

post #23 of 38 Old 05-08-2019, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailhunter1 View Post
Guys...I think he's gone.

Just another one hit wonder, they come in and stink up the place with their wealth of knowledge and never come back. They copy and paste the same bullshit on any jeep or offroad forum they can find.

That's why I have no patience for them.

Quote:
Quote:
post #24 of 38 Old 05-08-2019, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I'm working on ideas to filter them but it's tough without an API or endpoint for latching-on to vBulletin. I loathe them,also ,Gunny.

post #25 of 38 Old 05-08-2019, 06:00 AM
Wheeler

Internet roaches

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode