Adding SiriusXM to 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-01-2019, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Adding SiriusXM to 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Just bought a Wrangler on Thursday and I'm absolutely in love. Been eyeing one for a while and finally pulled the trigger.

Literally the only fault I can find with it thus far is the lack of SiriusXM in it. My previous vehicle had it, and it was really nice with my long commute. I was outside looking at the vehicle and trying to figure out how to put my current radio into the vehicle without all the wires and couldn't really come up with a good solution.

Is there a way I can add an antenna to my existing Uconnect 3 with the 5 inch display and run XM through it? I've seen some system do have it, and I'd love to just keep it in the stock set up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-01-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryBraxton View Post
Just bought a Wrangler on Thursday and I'm absolutely in love. Been eyeing one for a while and finally pulled the trigger.

Literally the only fault I can find with it thus far is the lack of SiriusXM in it. My previous vehicle had it, and it was really nice with my long commute. I was outside looking at the vehicle and trying to figure out how to put my current radio into the vehicle without all the wires and couldn't really come up with a good solution.

Is there a way I can add an antenna to my existing Uconnect 3 with the 5 inch display and run XM through it? I've seen some system do have it, and I'd love to just keep it in the stock set up.

Have you tried using the SiriusXM app and streaming from your phone? I donít know what your setup is but Iíve done that before to listen to satellite radio in vehicles that didnít have it. Iíve read many people claim quality is better and not as compressed over internet too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode