2016 rubicon rear window rubber seal falling off - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BigTB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-07-2019, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

2016 rubicon rear window rubber seal falling off

The rear window seal, the lower one on the glass that goes against the tailgate is starting to come off the glass. Is it worth taking into the dealer to have them fix it ? We have the lifetime warranty with a $100 deductible. My worry is if I fix it myself and something else goes wrong with it that they blame my fix for any other issues with this seal. If I do fix it myself any suggestions on what to use to glue it back in place?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-07-2019, 04:53 PM
Rock God

$100 is quite a big deductible to pay when you could probably fix it yourself for a few bucks. If they try to void your warranty later because you glued your seal back on, then the warranty isn't worth anything anyway, because if they are that ridiculous they would find something else to deny you for if not that. I'd just do it. Some weather stripping adhesive, or even just some clear silicone would probably work.

By the way. I see this is your first post. Stick around and become part of the community. Good group of folks on here. Lots of great info and some decent off-topic talk, and laughs as well, as long as you have thick enough skin to take a little ribbing now and then.
JKommuter likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-14-2019, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. Plan sticking around. We bought the lifetime warranty and the Jeep left the factory the day my daughter was born so their both part of the family now lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-21-2019, 07:57 PM
Granite Guru

Garage
Congratulations and Welcome

Congrats on the baby girl. Welcome to JKO.

Last edited by JJS2; 03-25-2019 at 05:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode