Heater not working but I don't think it's the heater core... other options? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By JeeperJoe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-27-2019, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Heater not working but I don't think it's the heater core... other options?

Some of you know that I just purchased my first Jeep. I've discovered that my heater doesn't blow hot... or even warm for that matter. I've read through threads and on google and it seems most of everyone's issue is the heater core. Usually the symptoms are a leaking heater core or it blows hot on passenger side but not on the driver's side. Mine is not blowing warm air at all... nothing on both side. I don't have a leaking heater core either.

I read somewhere, and now I've lost it, that it could be some damper/vent opening that is stuck? Does anyone have experience with this particular issue? How to diagnose and/or find this vent? Any info or help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-27-2019, 12:49 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Had the same issue on my 2012 a couple years back. The temperature actuator was stuck. If your into yoga you might be able to contort yourself in a way to reach it with a screw driver and nudge it back in track. If not, you'll have to take the dash out. Once I pushed the arm attached to the actuator back in motion everything worked just like it was supposed to. Good luck, hopefully that is all it is!

You can have a savings account or a Jeep.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-28-2019, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperJoe View Post
Had the same issue on my 2012 a couple years back. The temperature actuator was stuck. If your into yoga you might be able to contort yourself in a way to reach it with a screw driver and nudge it back in track. If not, you'll have to take the dash out. Once I pushed the arm attached to the actuator back in motion everything worked just like it was supposed to. Good luck, hopefully that is all it is!
Lol... never done yoga but I'd be willing to start if it means fixing this heater issue!

Do you remember what it looks like... any description you can give me that could guide me in the direction of what I'm looking for? Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-28-2019, 07:38 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-28-2019, 09:06 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post

Iím not having any problem but watched out of curiosity.

That was a great video.
Addresses the problem well.

Iíd probably have spent hours pulling apart shit that didnít need to be messed with.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-28-2019, 10:51 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:

That's the one. I was able to get mine moving and working again without taking it out. Pushed on the arm with a screwdriver to free it up. Mine was stuck on cold. We don't get much winter down here in FL so it usually stays in the cold position.

You can have a savings account or a Jeep.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-28-2019, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
You da man... thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperJoe View Post
That's the one. I was able to get mine moving and working again without taking it out. Pushed on the arm with a screwdriver to free it up. Mine was stuck on cold. We don't get much winter down here in FL so it usually stays in the cold position.
Yeah, I suspect the heat hasn't been turned on in my Jeep for many years. I bought it from a guy in Miami and drove it back up to Pensacola. Heat won't be used much here either but I'll definitely need it when I travel up into the mountains.

I'll see what I can do this weekend and report back either way. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode