Transmission has no fluid. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By ronjenx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 02-19-2019, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Transmission has no fluid.

Hey guys, so I got in an accident recently, visual damage for the most part, I had the work done and got the jeep back less than a week ago, on my way from work yesterday, the transmission was slipping in drive and doing weird knocks. I have a 2007, 3.8 2 door automatic with 115k. I called the insurance company and they are gonna take a look at it to determine if this was caused by the accident and based on that they can see if they can fix it. For the meantime idk what to do, I have determined that the slipping was caused by the transmission not have any fluid. It leaked everything on the ground. should I drop the pan, apply a new seal, and filter, bolt it back up and see if it still leaks and slips or could I have done bigger damage in driving it (about 9 miles). What should be the plan?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-19-2019, 11:10 AM
Rock God

Leave it alone until the insurance company makes their decision.
If you try to fix it first, they will be more apt to say you did something to cause the leak.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode