Engine maintenance light then GasCsp - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-18-2019, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Engine maintenance light then GasCsp

Been messing with this for a couple of Months, have changed the filter to the Evap., Tighten all of the hose clamps, changed the gas Cap, reset it numerous times...07 JK,. Anybody come up with the majic touch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-18-2019, 12:39 PM
Rock God

I don't have the answer but I tend to think it's a moisture problem, particularly, with respect to the gas cap. Or, perhaps your evap needs to dry out or has, over the years, become contaminated.
I've had the issue in my '02 WJ, on and off, and that's what leads me to my thoughts. Sometimes it goes away, with concurrent weather changes, and once I replaced the cap. Replacing the cap didn't fix it regardless what the code(s) said.
When parked for extended periods, keeping the tank full seems to help/alleviate the issue.

Last edited by funfred; 02-18-2019 at 12:47 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-19-2019, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Been messing with this for a couple of Months, have changed the filter to the Evap., Tighten all of the hose clamps, changed the gas Cap, reset it numerous times...07 JK,. Anybody come up with the majic touch?

Did you search for and pull diagnostic codes of any kind ? That would be my first step . Then you'll maybe have an idea what to hone-in on . That sounds like the evap canister maybe on last legs or you've got condensation in the tank , etc?

weather can cause odd behavior like this but I concur with the full tank of fuel , also...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode