JK floor mats and mud flaps - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By snout
  • 1 Post By Rodjk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-05-2019, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

JK floor mats and mud flaps

I need to install floor mats and a cargo liner in my 2018 2-door Wrangler JK Sahara. I hate to spend $350 for the Weathertech mats and liner, but does it fit and protect the best? Are there any other ones out on the market that fit just as well? WT makes a liner with an integral roll-out bumper protector, which is an excellent idea; I have only seen them from WT; anyone found them elsewhere?*

I also would like to put mudflaps on the rig. Do the Mopar OEM ones fit and work the best?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-05-2019, 07:59 AM
Minstrel Gigolo

I get the feeling these posts are engineered to get people to talk about puppy mill vendor junk.
j3ff3ry_j33p and rockystock like this.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-05-2019, 03:34 PM
Wheeler

I was never a big WT fan. Little too commercial for me. But I ended up getting a set upfront in my JK. Things are basically indestructible. Honestly, I can't even remember when I bought them, it's been so long.

With that said, I wish someone would make a (JK) floor mat that comes up over the lip and covers the plastic surrounding the carpeted area. I had this for my TJ years ago and loved it. Really protected the cheap plastic getting in and out of the Jeep.

WT has one issue. Because it does not have the upper piece (goes straight up and stops) it tends to bend away from the side plastic. If it went straight up, then horizontal and covered some of the plastic around the rim, I would give it 5 stars easily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-06-2019, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I can only speak from experience. My XJ runs
WeatherTec mats and cargo mat. They do well at retaining slush/mud/debris/water but tend to fold around edges oddly sometimes...

My JKU's very first "mod" was a full set of the HuskyLiners and man are they a quality product that fits like factory. It's the older ,diamond-plate pattern set. Kinda costly but over time they prove they are worth it .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-06-2019, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. My wife has WT mats in her car and I noticed the limitation regarding the door side lip (or, the lack thereof). For the $10 worth of material that goes into a set, you would think that a few cents more for a door side lip would be a really good value and make sense, especially for how much that you pay for a set. But, it seems like every set from every mfg is made that way, so, maybe it's a manufacturing limitation. But, I find that hard to believe since they are probably just vacuum-formed in a press.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-07-2019, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlkoko View Post
Thanks for the reply. My wife has WT mats in her car and I noticed the limitation regarding the door side lip (or, the lack thereof). For the $10 worth of material that goes into a set, you would think that a few cents more for a door side lip would be a really good value and make sense, especially for how much that you pay for a set. But, it seems like every set from every mfg is made that way, so, maybe it's a manufacturing limitation. But, I find that hard to believe since they are probably just vacuum-formed in a press.

yup. it's an injection-molded world we live in ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-07-2019, 03:37 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

My JKU's very first "mod" was a full set of the HuskyLiners and man are they a quality product that fits like factory. It's the older ,diamond-plate pattern set. Kinda costly but over time they prove they are worth it .

i still have a set of these in my 07 that have done a great job of keeping crap contained. The drivers mat has a hole worn from my heal but all in all, a great product.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-26-2019, 10:29 AM
Wheeler

Garage

I have a set of the in my wifes 4Runner and we love them. I want a set for my jk but also want bedrug. I had bed rug in my tj and there is no way to secure the mats to it so it would kinda be a waste

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dont mind me im just a new guy here
post #9 of 10 Old 03-22-2019, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

I ended up buying the WT mats and the Mopar mudflaps. I got a decent deal on the mudflaps from Extreme Terrain, and they were super easy to install; I didn't have to remove the front or rear wheels. I'm happy with the WT mats (especially the cargo liner w/ the roll out bumper protector) but I was a little concerned about the 4 cut outs for the rear seat attachment points. I was worried that mud or water might get down in those areas; for what you pay for the mats, you would think that WT would supply some type of removable plug. I looked on line to see if I could find a square tube cap that I could modify to fit, but I wasn't able to find anything large enough or to match the dimensions of the cut outs. I had a piece of 1/2" semi-rigid insulation board laying around, so I used my redneck engineering skills and ended up making my own removable plugs. I wrapped them w/ black Gorilla tape to make them semi-waterproof and to match the color of the cargo liner. Since the seat attachment points are not flush w/ the floor (they are recessed), I hot-glued some extra pieces of the insulation to the under side of my caps to help hold them in place and fill the recess. The pics show the results.
Attached Images

post #10 of 10 Old 03-22-2019, 11:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

That's really cool. Good job.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode