Hey, ya’ll... Long Time - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-02-2019, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Hey gang! Long time no chat! Last we chatted, I was preparing for a move to the east coast. Well, been there, done that, and now I’m back in sweet home, Chicago. At any rate... I had a job at a local 4 Wheel Parts for the last few months, and I am doing one hellllllll of an upgrade before saying goodbye to the perks of the job in a week. Any thoughts on what I’m going to be doing from those of you with experience are greatly appreciated!

I already have a 2016 JKU Sport S auto with 3.21 gears that has...

- 2.5” Teraflex suspension kit with 9550 shocks
- New rear axle (thanks to a Hyundai Tiburon who tried to drive underneath the Jeep while I was stopped at a stoplight on my way to work back in March 2017)
- Teraflex front explorer bumper with hoop
- Pioneer AVIC-5200NEX
- New Alpine speakers
- Brandmotion Rearview camera
- 17x9 Pro-Comp Series 46 Prodigy wheels
- 35” Mickey Thompson MTZ P3s
- Teraflex HD adjustable tire carrier
- Magnaflow axle-back exhaust
- Oracle halo headlights and fog lights
- Trektop NX Glide
- other miscellaneous stuff... slush mats, grab handles, stubby antenna, door sill guards, quick release mirrors, foot pegs, etc.

I’ve got on order:

- Poison Spyder aluminum Crusher Flares to be powder coated in a textured black
- Poison Spyder inner fenders powder coated textured black with my accent color (Tiffany Blue)
- Poison Spyder rocker knockers same powder coat
- Poison Spyder Rock Brawler II rear bumper in the same powder coat scheme
- Smittybilt X2O 10k winch with synthetic rope
- Pro-Comp trilogy beadlocks
- 4.88 G2 gearing for my rear axle
- G2 Core 44 axle with ARB locker and 4.88 gearing

Any experience with any of my new upgrades going in? Pros? Cons? Thanks, gentlemen (and ladies if there are any others still on here)!

2016 JKU Sport S Granite Crystal Metallic
Mods: 2.5" Teraflex lift kit w/ 9550 shocks, 1/2" front spring spacers, Teraflex JK 9550 steering stabilizer, Teraflex JK Front explorer bumper w/ hoop, Magnaflow axle back exhaust, Teraflex HD hinged carrier & adjustable spare tire, 17" Pro Comp Helldorado wheels, 35" MTZ P3s, Superchips Flashcal programmer, Freedom hardtop & Trektop NX, Brandmotion rear vision camera, remote start, Mopar slush and cargo mats, Wild Boar grab bars/handles.

Last edited by JeepGirl83; 02-03-2019 at 06:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-03-2019, 06:01 AM
Rock God

Garage

Welcome back!

Not a big fan of the NE are you? Don't worry, neither am I. Hope the vortex didn't get to you to badly.

As far as your parts list, I'm interested in what others have to say because I'm looking at the gears and some of the same stuff you are doing.

I hope all is well and welcome back! (Don't be a stranger).

NDTguy

2017 JKU Sport S
post #3 of 8 Old 02-03-2019, 06:15 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I have Crawler Conceptz flares and they mount the same as PS. They are awesome and tie into the structural parts of the body so I am not worried about them causing more damage than they save like some people are. You will love them. No experience with the rest of your gear.

2012 JKU Rubicon - Build Thread -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-03-2019, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Good to hear. Glad you are enjoying a similar setup and it has structural integrity! Excited to see if others have experience with some of the other items on my list.

Mods: 2.5" Teraflex lift kit w/ 9550 shocks, 1/2" front spring spacers, Teraflex JK 9550 steering stabilizer, Teraflex JK Front explorer bumper w/ hoop, Magnaflow axle back exhaust, Teraflex HD hinged carrier & adjustable spare tire, 17" Pro Comp Helldorado wheels, 35" MTZ P3s, Superchips Flashcal programmer, Freedom hardtop & Trektop NX, Brandmotion rear vision camera, remote start, Mopar slush and cargo mats, Wild Boar grab bars/handles.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-03-2019, 07:21 AM
Rock God

I have the poison spider aluminum crusher flares. I kissed a rock on the right front, and the only thing that happened was that the paint peeled a little bit. I was super pleasantly surprised because I definitely hit it hard enough that I felt it inside the Jeep.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-04-2019, 04:33 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Sometime the PSC Flares will want to pull your fenders away from the grill, just be patient and pay attention to bolt lengths, unless of course they addressed this later and corrected it. It's not a big deal but if your OCD kicks in it may be just enough to bother you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-06-2019, 05:25 PM

New Items

I have had the same winch for a year and it has served me well. Nice tires by the way!
post #8 of 8 Old 02-06-2019, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jeeps View Post
I have had the same winch for a year and it has served me well. Nice tires by the way!
Good to know! And thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode