Currie lift kit advice - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By gt1guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-26-2019, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Currie lift kit advice

Hi guys first time Jeep owner and poster. I caught the bug and want to start mods soon. The Jeep will be used for a mix of onroad and Offroad. When Offroad I won’t be doing any crazy crawling but would like to take it on the rubicon trail. I’m interested in the Currie 4” lift kit and wanted to get your opinions. I’m Particularly looking at “14 Jeep Wrangler (JK) Currie 4 Inch RockJock Lift Kit - CE-9807S”. This kit runs anywhere from $1000-1200. It’s on the cheaper side of other lifts I’m looking at but considering everything things else I’m going to need to run 37s (gears, driveshafts, steering, shocks, wheels, tires) I’d like to save money on the lift if this seems like a good product. Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-27-2019, 09:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Just to make it clear the 9807S is for a JKU (4door). It is a minimal kit that is missing a couple things that you may need. One is extended brake lines and the other is a front track bar. I would not use the drop pitman or the drop track bar bracket up front and would go to a drag link flip as it will I've you way better steering and raise the roll center making it more stable both on road or off. You will also need longer shocks with this kit. You will likely need at least a front driveshaft at some point. You will have to address the driveshaft hitting the exhaust.

Have you considered running flat fenders instead of so much lift? It will really reduce what you need in terms of components? Your jeep will also feel more stable and less prone to leaning in corners or rolling over off road.

Where are you located at? I am just across the lake from the Con.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-27-2019, 09:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode