My old JKU for sale at Florida dealer... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-21-2019, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

My old JKU for sale at Florida dealer...

Not sure if this is the right place and I don't think I can post publicly the dealership name and details, but if anybody wants a built JKU, the dealer I traded to has no idea what they have. I traded for a new project (2 door JL). 33709 zip code.

They put Terra Grapplers on it which look ridiculous, but it needed new tires, so I guess that's what you get.

2010 Sport, I don't think it had any options except auto.
RE Superflex 3.5
Adams Driveshafts front and rear
Swapped 44s with 35 spline rears and ARB
PS BFHs front and rear
Fox Reservoirs front and rear and ATS stabilizer
Smitty winch
Raceline Monsters
etc. etc. etc.

111k miles

$17,965 ask

PM me for details, I just don't want my Jeep to get into the hands of somebody who is going to destroy it, would like to keep it in the community!
Attached Images

Last edited by JoshP; 01-21-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-21-2019, 12:22 PM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Dude this is JKO you can say anything..... you can definitely say who the dealer is and where it's at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-21-2019, 12:52 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

buy it for 17K and go sell it to another dealer for 20K

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 01-21-2019, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
Dude this is JKO you can say anything..... you can definitely say who the dealer is and where it's at!
Okay, Suncoast CJD in Seminole, FL, just outside of Clearwater. No pics yet, but I went and looked at it again tonight after picking up my JL post-lift.

I am gonna miss that damn thing dearly. Unbelievable to most, this was the most reliable, dependable vehicle my wife and I have ever owned, and we have tried out quite a few!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
buy it for 17K and go sell it to another dealer for 20K
You damn right! I would if I could justify having both. It's just me and the wife now and I think she'll probably get the two door as soon as I can talk her into a Gladiator.

Onward and forward, unfortunately.
post #5 of 10 Old 01-21-2019, 07:34 PM
Minstrel Gigolo

Those tires remind me of turf tires on a tractor.
post #6 of 10 Old 01-22-2019, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post
Those tires remind me of turf tires on a tractor.
It's so stupid looking, makes me really sad! Isn't this Used Specialty Cars 101? Know what your targeted demo wants, the first thing somebody looking for that Jeep is going to do is question the tire choice. They've just made the Jeep unsaleable by effectively raising the selling price at least another $1500.

In fairness to whomever made that choice, it seems aligned with their outdated business practices like haggling every last cent and "playing the game." It's been a long time since I busted out the "ol' getting ready to walk out of the dealership routine". Then beat me up on your already low trade offer because "I'm gonna have to add tires. You know what I pay for those? 600 DOLLARS A TIRE!!"

Then you end up with 4 river floats.

The whole thing was exhausting honestly and while they are nice folks and probably move inventory because of the area (maybe?), the place needs modern leadership! I negotiated essentially a free lift and $2k for a price I thought was okay. For the amount of time they stalled, you would think I robbed them.

Last edited by JoshP; 01-22-2019 at 02:38 AM.
post #7 of 10 Old 01-22-2019, 03:32 AM
Rock God

I have to ask why would you care if someone destroys it? remember it is not "your jeep" any longer.

Last edited by Jadmt; 01-22-2019 at 03:34 AM.
post #8 of 10 Old 01-22-2019, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I don't think for a Florida , road driven JKU that those tires are that outrageous; I know there's a few places in the state to hit piles of rocks but it's still gonna likely see far more tarmac than limestone or granite so they threw on the cheapest big tires they could to move it.

Given an afternoon or 4 w/ a pack of blades + a groover & those could be made a bit more knobby. The things must weigh a lot.
Dealerships generally reappropriate or go cheap on things they gotta buy to move an item so probably not much performance consideration given to the balloonish "all terrain" Nitto...

If it was most reliable vehicle you & your better-half have ever had , why sell?

Enjoy the new Jeep!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 Old 01-22-2019, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I care because of the sentimental value. Yea, I let it go, but I'd rather it go to someone passionate about continuing the build and doing things right. It's not mine, but it's still MINE!

As far as why sell, closeout 2018s were $1200 off invoice, there's nowhere to use 37s here that I'm aware of unless you want to drown your rig in mud, I don't need the space of the 4 door, and at 8 years old and 112k (almost all of that spent on 37s), I felt like maybe it was time to stop rolling the dice. I hope that this 2.0 Liter Turbo proves to be as reliable, time will tell. And on the aspect of the tire choice, I just feel like it destroys the curb appeal of the vehicle and I think the majority of buyers who are attracted to that vehicle will feel the same way. I know I would try to negotiate a tire swap if I was considering it.

I guess I should just let it go
post #10 of 10 Old 01-29-2019, 06:01 PM
V8 dreams

No one ever bought that from ya?? I remember seeing it for sale because i was using it to judge the value of mine, we had similar builds. Seeing their asking price makes me realllllly think twice about an LS swap... as that and axles would be worth more than my jeep lol.

Good luck with the new rig, my 2010 has also been a fuckin rock of a vehicle and Id be sad to see her go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 Silver JKU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode