Should i get ebay coil spring spacers? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By James_Tremblay
  • 1 Post By Kerolos'sJK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-19-2018, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Should i get ebay coil spring spacers?

Hello guys im looking to add a little more suspension lift to my jeep by getting coil spacers. 3 inches or slightly less is where I want to be at, I currently have 1.5 via springs and looking to add another 1.5 via spacers. I don't like to cheap out on my jeep but I can't find anyone that sells 1.5 or 1.25 coil spring spacers outside of ebay (if there are please link me!) I would consider springs if reasonably priced but preferably would like to get a good brand spacers like teraflex but there is no such thing in the height im looking for.

Which brings me to the question, should I buy the coil spring spacers from ebay? I picked out the highest quality options i could see and here are the links: let me know what you think i just wanna order them and install them before winter. One option is steel and the other is aluminum? I have never seen aluminum spacers before. Also the aluminum one mounts under and not above the spring in the rear, the front is normal.

Steel front:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F251731719498

Steel rear:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F181958941005

Aluminum front:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F111795770170

Aluminum rear:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F111798453615

Thank you so much

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-20-2018, 04:53 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

why not just get 3 inch springs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-20-2018, 06:49 AM
Wheeler

There is a reason there aren't any from Teraflex, don't know what it is, But.... At three inches you need control arms, they usually come in sets with springs. Not to be an ass, but not doing a real lift to get three inches is being cheap.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-20-2018, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Tremblay View Post
There is a reason there aren't any from Teraflex, don't know what it is, But.... At three inches you need control arms, they usually come in sets with springs. Not to be an ass, but not doing a real lift to get three inches is being cheap.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Im sorry i didnt specify anything else. I was asking about these spacers in general. I have shocks rated for up to 4 inches of lift. Extended brake lines. core 4x4 lower and upper front adjustable control arms. Core 4x4 front adjustable trackbar and a teraflex rear trackbar bracket. I can run 3 inches of lift. I just did a 10a spring swap first, saved up to get the parts that i wanted and now im looking to retain my springs and add 1.5 inches of spacers.

post #5 of 9 Old 11-20-2018, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
why not just get 3 inch springs?
Idk i guess im not patient enough plus i have 10a springs, just looking for a little more.

post #6 of 9 Old 11-20-2018, 01:46 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerolos'sJK View Post
Idk i guess im not patient enough plus i have 10a springs, just looking for a little more.

Be patient, do it once and do it right that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-21-2018, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

While I concur that the 3" coilspring lift is the best option should you seek that amount of lift, several years back I had OEM Rubi (18/59,iirc) coils on my 4 door '11 ...I needed the same height you seek so to attain 1.5" I had 3 x 1/2" TeraFlex spacers stacked up top on front coils

I've also used different rear spacers - example being a .75" ,retaining spacer from TeraFlex with an additional .50" under it ...I've used all manner of spacer , mostly acquired over time for multiple Jeeps ...and Ithink most came from several TF levelling kits or garage sales , friends , etc.
I have 8-10 x TF polyurethane spacers in various sizes , both front and rear.

I again , recommend coils but if you wait until I get back home next week I'll check to see if i have what you need & we can work out some cheap arrangement for you to get what you need for the height you require .I'd shoot me a PM so I remember. Fwiw, I'm in Nashville ...I can't imagine the weight for shipping being over 3-4lbs max,if you want to check options.

( I have , like , 3 of the Teraflex levelling kits laying around ( 1 is brand new & never used ) , multiple "eBay" PU spacers ( Mnt Goat , I think ) and lotsa other lift related HW that I don't use just stored in my garage .. ....)

Jeffery

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-21-2018, 02:09 PM
Rock God

if you like how your coils feel right now then add an 1" spacer. It saves money and is an easy hour or two swap in your garage so if you can do the work you are not out anything if you dont like how it performs.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-27-2018, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thank you all for your advice and willing to go out of your way @jeff ery, i ended up getting the rock krawler 2.5 inch tripple rate springs both front and back. Figured for the 300 dollars id be getting a lot for my money, they net exactly how much i want, they wont sag much when i armor up even more. They ride very good from the reviews i have read and they flex well due to the triple rate design. Again thank you so much and im glad im gonna be getting these springs on.

j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode