Another JK running hot!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-27-2018, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Another JK running hot!!

I have seen a lot on this but figured I would start a new thread since a lot of then turn I to a pissing match between people. Here is to hoping mine does not end up that way.

So I am new to this page. And to piggy back on this guys story. I have a 2016 JKU with 85,000ish miles on it. 4.88 re-gear, 35s, bumpers, winch and blah blah blah. Over the last 6 months mine has run hotter and hotter I live in PHoenix and travel up to the high country at least 2 to 3 times a month. It use to never leave 210 no I cruise between 217 and 222 and when I stop it goes up to 228 or more then comes back down, got this of the EVIC and the flash pack programmer. I have replaced the fluid, bleed the air out, pulled the radiator and power washed, and checked the hoses to make sure they are not collapsing, changed thermostat, pulled the fender liners. Still the issue seems to get worse. But I have new symptom that my fan that use to run non stop now hardly runs at all. Even with the AC it seems not as loud. Compared to back when I bought it, it sounded like a plane getting ready for take off.
Any suggestions on possibly aftermarket fan for the JK as google was of little use. I have not read all the comments on this post sorry but it's a long read and I have shit for free time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-27-2018, 09:25 PM
Rock God

I think it's time someone research something like this for the 3.6L JKs.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
post #3 of 4 Old 10-27-2018, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the article there is a lot of testing and research in it. Up until May my rig never had a issue with climbing temps it stayed 208 to maybe up hill long pulls 212 when I had 3.21s gears in it. The 4.88s seamed to resolve that issue in December of last year. Now daily driving I am watching my temps and no changes in driving location, time or on road or ideal time and now I run almost 10 to 30 degrees hotter. My trans temp seems to be doing well as it has not changed temp even with engine running hot and seems to be just as it was the day I bought it. I am half tempted to fab up my own cooling system since I am out of warrenty and see what happens. Setting up a soft start for a fan motor is not to complicated but is time consuming.and to be honest if I get that frustrated I just might go all in on it to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-27-2018, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Sorry guess I started rambling there. It also appears my fan does not kick on at 215 to bring it back down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode