Hemi 5.7 Issue - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-22-2018, 02:39 AM Thread Starter

Hemi 5.7 Issue

I have a jeep wrangle Auto Hemi 5.7- 2015. Swap was done by JSS Todd.
I have a couple problems but the main issue is the transmission. When I drive my Jeep on Auto mood, letís say Iím going up by the hill (dunes, soft sand) the car would shift by it self starting from 1-2-3-4-5 until it slows or stops where itís at because Iím on Auto mood but when itís on manual mood you would have the full control of shifting right. In my case thereís no difference weather Iím on Auto or Manual. I remember after the swap my Jeep when itís on manual mood I would have full control of it, it wonít even shift to second or third gear no matter how much the RPM is at, i could go up to whatever sand hill I want . But not anymore now once its reaches to almost 5 rpm it shifts right away to second and keeps going tell it stops. So Iíve talkin to Todd about this many many times I actually drove all the way to him From LA 3 times and coming back with with nothing about solving this issue. Last time we spoke he said ďWell i remember the transmission staying in gear in tap mode, but the transmission computer would over speed and it would go into the next gear has a fail safe. I think this would happen at 5000 RPM and i think the transmission has learned your driving habits and adapted to save it self. And I do not think this is a problem, i think this is going on so the transmission can last and so the engine does not over rev. You could have the transmission reprogrammed but that would void your warranty, because i want your conversion to last.Ē This what he says again leaving me with no solution. Another problem is that I only have one key for my Jeep I lost my spare keys, I had to buy new ones and program it but it did not work I tried in everywhere, the system blocks and it wonít let you access even Todd had no solution to IT. I have no Cruise control.

Please I need some suggestions, soon I'm going home to middle east and I'm taking my jeep with me. I really have to fix the transmission issue, i cannot off road like that at all, i can't even go at the dunes where itís all sand, my friends with their stocks Jeep are preforming better than mine. Cant even drive up a baby hill cuz it shifts right away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-22-2018, 06:08 AM
Granite Guru

I would call the Folks @ RPM Extreme or Overland Performance for some advice. They are regular contributors here and very knowledgeable on Jeep swaps. Both are located in the Southern U.S.

2014 JKU, red, 2.5" AEV lift,6.4L VVT, 35" Duratrac's. 4.10, Gen Right bumpers, VR 8000 winch, Pro Rock 44.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-22-2018, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Youíll probably get better response if you could please relocate this to our ďEngine SwapĒ catergory since you no longer have the factory power plant. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraa Z Als View Post
I have a jeep wrangle Auto Hemi 5.7- 2015. Swap was done by JSS Todd.
I have a couple problems but the main issue is the transmission. When I drive my Jeep on Auto mood, letís say Iím going up by the hill (dunes, soft sand) the car would shift by it self starting from 1-2-3-4-5 until it slows or stops where itís at because Iím on Auto mood but when itís on manual mood you would have the full control of shifting right. In my case thereís no difference weather Iím on Auto or Manual. I remember after the swap my Jeep when itís on manual mood I would have full control of it, it wonít even shift to second or third gear no matter how much the RPM is at, i could go up to whatever sand hill I want . But not anymore now once its reaches to almost 5 rpm it shifts right away to second and keeps going tell it stops. So Iíve talkin to Todd about this many many times I actually drove all the way to him From LA 3 times and coming back with with nothing about solving this issue. Last time we spoke he said ďWell i remember the transmission staying in gear in tap mode, but the transmission computer would over speed and it would go into the next gear has a fail safe. I think this would happen at 5000 RPM and i think the transmission has learned your driving habits and adapted to save it self. And I do not think this is a problem, i think this is going on so the transmission can last and so the engine does not over rev. You could have the transmission reprogrammed but that would void your warranty, because i want your conversion to last.Ē This what he says again leaving me with no solution. Another problem is that I only have one key for my Jeep I lost my spare keys, I had to buy new ones and program it but it did not work I tried in everywhere, the system blocks and it wonít let you access even Todd had no solution to IT. I have no Cruise control.

Please I need some suggestions, soon I'm going home to middle east and I'm taking my jeep with me. I really have to fix the transmission issue, i cannot off road like that at all, i can't even go at the dunes where itís all sand, my friends with their stocks Jeep are preforming better than mine. Cant even drive up a baby hill cuz it shifts right away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode