Teraflex - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 10-13-2008, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Teraflex

Damn, you guys sure do take a beating over in JK Shangrila and get the sins of others placed on your plate. Good thing you have a good web presence to combat the false information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 10-14-2008, 05:01 AM
Granite Guru

What did I miss?

Jeff M.
2007 Rubicon Unlimited 4", 37's, 5.13's, and stuff
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, jeep jk unlimited, jk rubicon,
post #3 of 37 Old 10-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

now they are bashing TeraFlex over there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 10-14-2008, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

The, I'll call it a rumor, is that the Teraflex arms make a lot of noise LOL. I have the Flex-arm system, but I couldn't reply because like most of us here, I was banned for creative ways of mentioning Poly Performance and other enemies of the state hahahaha!
post #5 of 37 Old 10-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Granite Guru

That should go over well there. Teraflex has a very heavy presence there.
post #6 of 37 Old 10-14-2008, 08:22 AM
JKowners Vendor

So I just got the link to that thread from Joe (the guy who posts over there as "teraflex")....this is the first I've heard of the Tera arms being noisy. I suppose The Internet told him someone's arms are noisy, and he forgot which one?

Oh well, looks like enough people have chimed in to correct him now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

801-713-3314
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 37 Old 10-14-2008, 08:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeraFlex View Post
So I just got the link to that thread from Joe (the guy who posts over there as "teraflex")....this is the first I've heard of the Tera arms being noisy. I suppose The Internet told him someone's arms are noisy, and he forgot which one?

Oh well, looks like enough people have chimed in to correct him now.
What, I can't hear you over my noisy Teraflex arms.

What a poon. I've never heard anybody complain about Teraflex arms being noisy.
post #8 of 37 Old 10-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Rock God

Garage

Maybe they aren't greasing them. I grease mine or have it greased before every outing and at oil change intervals. Works like a charm, and quiet too.

post #9 of 37 Old 10-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to vegasjeep

I'll bet you all the "MODS" with teraflex arms do not have squeaks...

08 Rubicon Unlimited-Just about stock!
I'll keep my guns, my freedom, and my money... You keep "The Change"!
Ask me about SH!TTY companies like Full Traction, Pure Jeep, and others!
post #10 of 37 Old 10-14-2008, 04:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
What, I can't hear you over my noisy Teraflex arms.

What a poon. I've never heard anybody complain about Teraflex arms being noisy.
Maybe they were mistaking Tera flex for the FULL TRACTION noises.
post #11 of 37 Old 10-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUDDLZ View Post
Maybe they were mistaking Tera flex for the FULL TRACTION noises.
Damn, you beat me to it...
post #12 of 37 Old 10-14-2008, 05:21 PM

I've had no problems with my 4" teraflex. Had one issue with the trackbar flexing while turning, posted my problem up on "that other forum" and Joe got ahold of me right away. Overnighted me a one-off gusseted track bar that fixed the problem.
post #13 of 37 Old 10-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjason51 View Post
I've had no problems with my 4" teraflex. Had one issue with the trackbar flexing while turning, posted my problem up on "that other forum" and Joe got ahold of me right away. Overnighted me a one-off gusseted track bar that fixed the problem.
I've seen that trackbar at thier shop, it was a while ago. I probably had the same trackbar that you had origianlly but I have since upgrade to thier newer HD forged one. They claim it to be some 200 something percent stronger than the stock trackbar but if ya ask me, I think it looks like it weighs probably 200 something pounds. That thing is a monster.

post #14 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrogg View Post
I've seen that trackbar at thier shop, it was a while ago. I probably had the same trackbar that you had origianlly but I have since upgrade to thier newer HD forged one. They claim it to be some 200 something percent stronger than the stock trackbar but if ya ask me, I think it looks like it weighs probably 200 something pounds. That thing is a monster.
He told me they were going to make what I have now the standard track bar but I havnt seen it yet with any of their kits so I figured he did something special for my problem. Have you seen their track bar thats adjustable without taking it apart? Fricken sweet.
post #15 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 04:10 PM
JKowners Vendor

There were actually quite a few of those "shark fin" trackbars. For a while they were the piece included in all the kits, which was a big improvement over the first one which turned out to be too flexible. The current "monster bar" replaced that one, and is now a completely different design. It's forged, super-stiff, made with an adjusting sleeve and OEM-type rubber bushings with a rate plate. It's also available as an upgrade for either the original tubular bar, or the "shark fin" bars for about $25 with the exchange of your old track bar.

Here's a picture of the big 'un:

801-713-3314
post #16 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 04:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
There were actually quite a few of those "shark fin" trackbars. For a while they were the piece included in all the kits, which was a big improvement over the first one which turned out to be too flexible. The current "monster bar" replaced that one, and is now a completely different design. It's forged, super-stiff, made with an adjusting sleeve and OEM-type rubber bushings with a rate plate. It's also available as an upgrade for either the original tubular bar, or the "shark fin" bars for about $25 with the exchange of your old track bar.

I've got buddies always asking about upgrade items to their existing lifts, great news @ affordable $ too..

Great job Tera Flex
post #17 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Am I reading this correctly?

I send Teraflex my OEM POS front or rear track bar and $25 and they wil l send me this bad boy??? Is this right?
post #18 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 05:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

That's what I'm talking about. I still have the flexible first ones, and I've often wondered it was strong enough. I don't know if it's my imagination or if the bend gets bigger each time I wheel. You guys sent me some replacement bushings a while back and I just ran the stock ones with relocation brackets for a while. I finally got around to installing the new bushings and reinstalled the Teraflex adjustable bars a couple of months ago. They seem to be holding, but I do get some axle movement when I have somebody work the wheel.

I've been running your lift since July of 07. I am very pleased with the lift and the support you provide is second to none. I recently had some of my bushings go bad and you guys stepped up to the plate and took care of everything. Thanks.

Back to the track bars. Do we need an RMA or anything to swap them out? I don't mind sending them back first since I still have my factory bars and am using relocation brackets. I can throw them on to get me by until the new ones arrive.

By the way, never a squeak here. People always comment on how quite my Jeep is off road. I guess those hamsters under the hood don't make much noise either.
post #19 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Am I reading this correctly?

I send Teraflex my OEM POS front or rear track bar and $25 and they wil l send me this bad boy??? Is this right?
I think he means the original Teraflex piece!

And that is super fawking cool of Teraflex.

Jason
post #20 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post

And that is super fawking cool of Teraflex.
OK, how do we do this, becuse I have one of the originals and would love to swap it out if it will only cost me $25!
post #21 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
DOH!...My bad. Yea that sounds like a great deal!
post #22 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 08:11 PM

Hmm, didnt know about the $25 exchange deal. Might look into it.
post #23 of 37 Old 10-16-2008, 04:52 AM
Rock God

way to be a good vendor.

Whenever I get to lift my Rubi it will be with a Teraflex kit for sure. Customer service goes a long way in my book.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #24 of 37 Old 10-16-2008, 09:50 AM
JKowners Vendor

Sorry for any confusion, but I guess the other guys got everything straightened out.

The exchange deal: Get ahold of one of the customer service guys at Tera (or stop by if you happen to be local), purchase the Monster trackbar for $223.99, and when you ship back your old Teraflex trackbar back you'll get credited $195.99.

For a very limited time (until November 30th, 2008) you can upgrade your non-Teraflex front trackbar too! (not your OEM bar, but any aftermarket trackbar) and get $100 credit for that one.

So, bottom line--$28 plus shipping and your old Teraflex trackbar gets you the forged Monster bar, or $123.99 and your other-than-Tera bar gets you the Monster, until the end of November.

Obviously, factory track bars don't count.

Rotorhead, if you want to send your trackbar in first, then that works out as well--just saves time and one transaction.

801-713-3314
post #25 of 37 Old 10-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Rock God

does it have to be a JK trackbar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode