am i to picky? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-07-2008, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

am i to picky?

took my brand new cragar soft 8 wheel to discount tire today to have a tire mounted on it. when they were done with it (took them about an hour) my new wheel was all gauged and scratched up (front & back)...showed it to the service writer and he said he could either give me my 18 bucks back or order a new wheel for me. I insisted on the wheel...

recently no matter where i go to get something done i get sloppy service...that can't be normal or am i just to picky?

H3 Lux with Adventure Package

Gone but not forgotten:
2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
2007 Silver Rubicon Unlimited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Nope, not too picky at all. These companys are used to most people not noticing or just accepting lousy service. I have had my share of situations where something was scratched up and went back to get it right. You spend good money and should expect a quality product or service. Good call on your part.
post #3 of 11 Old 10-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Rock God

hell no thats not picky at all! You paid for a service, they gave a crappy one, you get your money back or a new product. I would have done the same thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 10-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Granite Guru

i've worked at three different motorcycle shops, currently at smoky mountain harley davidson. at all the shops i'ved worked at, if we scratch a rim, we eat it. today's tire machines leave no excuse for ate up rims. that shop has no excuse since the sidewall is so tall on the tire they were installing. most of the time being nice yet demanding will get YOUR property fixed. i hope it all goes well.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Rock God

Unfortunately, I think its a reaccuring trend these days. No one takes pride in their work these days. I know this is somewhat unrelated, but I've noticed it at the fast food resturants that I frequent way to often. Very rarely do I get something to eat from one, and actually recieve the correct food, and more often than not, the service isn't really all that "fast". But I also get some trucks in at work that make me wonder what the last guy that worked on it was thinking. Everyone is just there for the paycheck these days, no takes pride in much of anything anymore.

SOLD-08 Unlimited X, "jeep green", auto, limited slip, hushpower muffler, Aerotech Interceptor gauge,Powerstroke tranny cooler, skidrow evap skid, AFE Pro 7 filter, Teraflex leveling kit, EVO control arm skids, 15x8 Black Rock 909's, 33" KM2's
post #6 of 11 Old 10-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Rock God

Not picky at all!...Happens WAY to often....it's sad that we (consumers) have to tell the "experts" how to do there f**kin job right....quality work is hard to find these days

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like us on

post #7 of 11 Old 10-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Rock God

I went to a citibank branch today and was the only guy in line. Two tellers were working and each had a customer with them. When one customer left, I walked up to the window. I stood there for at least a minute and the little mouth breather never did acknowledge my presence. She just kept looking at her computer and shuffling paper. So after the minute, I picked up my papers and went back to the line. THEN she starts calling after me that she can help me. Idiot.

Current Mods:
  1. Cleghorn tailpipe mod
  2. Cleghorn side step ventilation with Gold Mtn. enhancement
  3. Heartbreak Ridge bumper scuffs
  4. Goler gas tank skid mod
  5. Miscellaneous pin striping
  6. Woods evap cannister relocate (Wow, an intentional mod!)
  7. 2"BB and swapped in stock Rubi coils and shocks (thanks Seth!)
  8. Calico fender realignment and texturing
  9. Calico "explodey the side step" ez removal kit
  10. Stock Rubicon rails courtesy of JackTuttle (Thanks Jack!)
  11. Solid Axle dif covers
post #8 of 11 Old 10-08-2008, 06:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

also remember some employers dont want to pay for quality workers so when you expect to get great service from a guy getting min wage and no benifets to do good work for you dont expect to much

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #9 of 11 Old 10-08-2008, 07:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Were I work we pay union wages and still get crappy work. It's not the pay its the fact their Daddy or Mommy didn't slap them enough.

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
post #10 of 11 Old 10-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to JKBully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohn View Post
Were I work we pay union wages and still get crappy work. It's not the pay its the fact their Daddy or Mommy didn't slap them enough.
+1000
post #11 of 11 Old 10-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohn View Post
I agree! My grandfather told me a long time ago that sometimes you will work at jobs you hate and sometimes you will love your job but no matter what you should always take pride in the work you do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode