Synthetic Winch line on traditional 10.k - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By White13JKUR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-03-2017, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Synthetic Winch line on traditional 10.k

Searched through vender, searched through website. Anyone replace traditional winch cable with synthetic? Recommendations? Things to avoid? Vender deals?
Thanks..

Ton of shit, and not listing it all..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-03-2017, 07:24 PM
JKO Addict!

I put a Masterpull on my 9.5Ti. You want to make sure the drum on your winch does not get hot during use as it can degrade synthetic lines.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-03-2017, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

That I can?t guarantee. Hell.. traditional summer is 100+ even before the drum. Any superwinchers have a heat issue?

Ton of shit, and not listing it all..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-03-2017, 08:00 PM
JKO Addict!

I have a Ramsey Patriot 9500 UT. When it was new, I pulled the cable and replaced it with a Viking synthetic line with a thimble on it. Easy and no issues. Sold off the unused cable and electronic RF remote to pay for the synthetic line.

I have since performed numerous winchings of other vehicles - never my own unless you count the time I winched my E46 back up the driveway after a failed bump start with dead battery.

My favorite winching was bringing a Ford Exploder up the stairs at Slick Rock. All I got for that was two friggen budwisers but the experience and the video I shot are worth way more.

More recently, I carefully unstitched the Viking thimble and picked up a Factor55 FlatLink, synthetic rope spool and a Fast Fid.

Going together was just like the Factor55 video on the fast fid. I have yet to perform a winching with the new setup but the fast fid is always in the glovebox now in case of a break. Great tool.
Tierhog likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode